- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23699 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 07:21:53 am by a1s »
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

edit, outdated, see below

Orders:

Pay the Prince a one-time fee of 1 gold for discovering the Wolf Crystal relatively close to my castle. Hope you don't mind if I take it some time in the future?
Buy 2 more armies
March on D13 with 8 armies
Scout D11-D10-D9
Second scout skips to A15 by boat, then scouts A15-B15-C15

[/s]
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 09:01:16 am by Quarque »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also a few more questions.

Do wolves from the Wolf Crystal count toward your army cap?
How exactly does the cape work? I think you need to equip it on one of your armies and it becomes a special unit, correct?
Could I let a scout start at B10 by boat, or is that one square too far?

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 2
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2023, 04:23:55 am »

Just the bookkeeping part of my turn so far, as I have a couple of questions.

@NQT: Can I send Marches and Scouts from a Fort, or am I always limited to 11 "acting" armies, with all the rest dedicated to Fort garrisons?
Also, have I understood that Fort Heather took three damage in that Siege? Because wow, multiple Siege Engines are powerful!

Receive last turns 4 armies and 2 wood from Marquess Ambrose Vulk.
Send the Last Femur to Marquess Ambrose Vulk.
Receive 2 Gold from the library fund (Wright last turn and Bockhaven this turn)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think those siege engines are single use? ("each siege engine spent") Making them strong but also expensive.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Do wolves from the Wolf Crystal count toward your army cap?
No, monster units are free unless otherwise stated.
How exactly does the cape work? I think you need to equip it on one of your armies and it becomes a special unit, correct?
Assign it to an army. It can be reassigned each turn if desired. Most artefacts work this way. The Rhuddy Cape specifically treats one unit as a giant. This is what a giant does: equivalent to 3 armies, destroys defence on a 2-7 when beseiging, drops 1 wood on death. So you get triple the attack dice/health on one unit, and they're good at busting down walls. If they die, you'll get the tree they were using as a club.

Could I let a scout start at B10 by boat, or is that one square too far?
That's one square too far for a boat which only goes 2 squares.

@NQT: Can I send Marches and Scouts from a Fort, or am I always limited to 11 "acting" armies, with all the rest dedicated to Fort garrisons?
If they're based at a fort then either they're defending the fort or they can be set to patrol adjacent to the fort (I'll make this point clearer in OP). They can't be sent on missions essentially. Think of them as a reserve force.

Also, have I understood that Fort Heather took three damage in that Siege? Because wow, multiple Siege Engines are powerful!
Yep, they're one use though. Probably worth it in this case.

I think those siege engines are single use? ("each siege engine spent") Making them strong but also expensive.
Correct.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 04:43:16 am by notquitethere »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2023, 05:26:11 am »

I missed Siege Engines being single use. That does make it more reasonable.

@NQT: Does it take only one successful Hit to kill a Giant/Ruddy Cape user/Dragon, or do they also have 3-5 "wounds"?

Quote from: Previous actions this turn
Receive last turns 4 armies and 2 wood from Marquess Ambrose Vulk.
Send the Last Femur to Marquess Ambrose Vulk.
Receive 2 Gold from the library fund (Wright last turn and Bockhaven this turn)

Three armies are garrisoned at Fort Heather.
Army 1 garrisons Shandston's Folly
Army 2 scouts I13->I14->J14
Army 3 scouts I15->J15->K15
Army 4 scouts I12->I11->J10
Army 5 scouts H12->H11->H10
Army 6,7,8 attacks G13
Army 9 scouts G12->G11->G10
Army 10 scouts G12->F13->F14
Army 11 patrols H15

« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 08:13:13 am by Kashyyk »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2023, 05:30:47 am »

@NQT: Does it take only one successful Hit to kill a Giant/Ruddy Cape user/Dragon, or do they also have 3-5 "wounds"?
They essentially have 3-5 wounds, yes. And these refresh after combat. So Dragons especially can be hard to kill. Hits are assigned randomly, so a Rhuddy Cape wearer might be able to tank 2 hits without an army taking any losses, if they get lucky. Or their team mates might be killed first.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does the last Last Femur work?

Also huzza, victory! Congrats my prince :P.

Edit: More specific questions for the last femur to make sure I understand: Do I assign it to a specific army/march for a turn? Does it work for all deaths in a battle or just ones caused by the army holding it?  Can the wielder be prematurely killed during a battle? Does anything special happen if it rezes giants or dragons?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 06:29:55 am by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

How does the last Last Femur work?
From the report:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Assign it to an army and anyone that army kills or anyone on your side that dies in combat might return as a skelton warrior. Resurrection checks newly killed at the end of each combat round. Each dead unit is only ever checked once.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

More specific questions for the last femur to make sure I understand: Do I assign it to a specific army/march for a turn? Does it work for all deaths in a battle or just ones caused by the army holding it?  Can the wielder be prematurely killed during a battle? Does anything special happen if it rezes giants or dragons
You assign it someone specific. It works for all deaths. The femur works so long as a human is still alive on your side (so it's not assigned to someone specific). What it actually does is bind the dying spirit to resurrect nearby bones (which might be the corpse, or might be in the earth)— so it still resurrects a skeleton warrior from dragons, giants or even wisps which don't have bones.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ok one more question, thanks for answering these

I see that up to three armies can be assigned to a fort and they do not count toward your unit cap as long as they are.
You can also assign boats to the defense of a castle. Can you assign armies (or special units, like archers) to the defense of a castle as well? It seems logical, but the OP does not literally say so.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Do I understand correctly that retreat happens after half of the force is defeated rounded up?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile

Then I will update my orders to be more greedy.  8)
Spoiler: orders (click to show/hide)

I would also like to announce that starting on next turn I can sell wood 1:1 for gold. or army. in fact I will pay a premium for armies (we can hammer out the exact details once I have the forests.)
(I am also willing to sell 1 wood for 1 army this turn)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2023, 07:50:05 am by a1s »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We'll have to see next turn, but I suspect that I'll be interested in purchasing wood to help siege down that thorn fort? I plan on taking out the giant this turn, so I'll have lots of cash and will be adjacent to it.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 52