- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23756 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 9 - REMNANTS
« Reply #345 on: June 01, 2023, 03:24:25 am »

Yeah, probably won't make that. Will have to read two turns and actually figure out what I should be prioritizing, so...
I'm happy to give a little longer, but not too much longer. I'll give you another day if you think that would help, but otherwise I'll have to time you out and let your castle fall into ruin to keep this moving.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 01, 2023, 04:48:57 am »

Having reread the Spire, I realise I need a little more help in guaranteeing victory. Anyone else interested in lending/selling units? I'm happy to offer future support/payment, the Golden Net, things like that.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 01, 2023, 04:54:19 am »

What is the problem with the spire?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 01, 2023, 04:57:18 am »

16 defenders for one. I'm not willing to commit to a siege at this time, can we just break those walls and have a good old battle instead?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 01, 2023, 04:59:59 am »

Turns out the Defenders get first strike, which is not ideal. You've bought a cat, right? Would you be interested in trading it away for some Wolves?

I could sweeten the deal by offering to recruit more for you on later turns. Perhaps even work together to get that Bitter Brew, which will make those Wolves super scary. Also happy to receive some direct army support, if NQT is okay with late action changes.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 01, 2023, 05:03:33 am »

Hey, VermilionSkies, I can offer you 1 gold to not attack that lair. Otherwise you might learn first-hand the might of [checks notes] a cat.
Seriously though, this is a bad idea for both of us.
or, bear with me, you can pay me 1 gold to f-off, so I can go help Kashyyk.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 01, 2023, 05:08:59 am »

Assuming VermilionSkies goes for it (I would) I can send an additional detachment of 5 (negotiable) troops to your siege- they will soak up some damage, deal a few hits of their own and will withdraw (possibly to return next turn for an additional fee) plus I can rent you the cat (you owe me 6 gold if it dies)

Early apologies to NQT: this will completely change my turn.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:14:15 am by a1s »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 01, 2023, 05:10:39 am »

I have 4 Gold right now, I'm willing to pay 2 Gold and some promises in exchange for both of you helping me?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 01, 2023, 05:22:09 am »

I have 4 Gold right now, I'm willing to pay 2 Gold and some promises in exchange for both of you helping me?
In exchange for 5 troops and the cat (cat is a safety issue, my men will not march without it giving the enemies -1 to hit) I would expect 6 gold paid out over the next 3 turns (2gp/turn.)

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 01, 2023, 05:25:52 am »

Turns out the Defenders get first strike, which is not ideal.
Ouch. Missed that detail. So that is what a watchtower does.

You've bought a cat, right? Would you be interested in trading it away for some Wolves?
Yes.

Ok, this messes up my planning a bit but we can work something out if NQT allows the last minute change.

How about:
- you send me 5 wolves back. Including more than one wolf in this fight is a negative anyway, because they would flee in the first round.
- I send over 11 armies, one cat and the Rhuddy cape. This amounts to a net 14 units and would almost guarantee an instant victory.
- You help me get the Bitter Brew later.
- If the unit wearing the cape dies, I do expect the cape back and the one piece of wood is mine.
- If the cat survives, the cat is yours and you give it a name. It would be the hero of the fight. :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:27:59 am by Quarque »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 01, 2023, 05:51:04 am »

I was looking forward to seeing the watchtower play out, but I suppose I can allow the late changes if we're waiting on a possible Egan action anyway

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 01, 2023, 06:08:49 am »

@a1s: That's quite a lot for rental, considering you sold me armies for the same price earlier.

@Quarque: It's a deal. These wolves must be getting confused!

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 01, 2023, 06:12:24 am »

Excellent.

Final Orders submitted
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 06:31:29 am by Quarque »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 01, 2023, 06:21:36 am »

My turn post should now have the latest version of my shenanigans for this turn.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 01, 2023, 06:25:36 am »

@a1s: That's quite a lot for rental, considering you sold me armies for the same price earlier.
You drive a hard bargain. 2 gold up front and you agree to rent my cat?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 52