- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 23784 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 17 - ANATHEMA
« Reply #645 on: June 19, 2023, 06:32:17 pm »

TURN 16 REPORT
Spoiler: Dolton the Drunk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Count Sol (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

TURN 17

Research

In D2 is The Order of Obeisance (Castle with Keep/Moat/Mustering Yard/Barracks/Garrison) Defence 19/19, Recruitment 1 - Remote Thornish knightly order, made up of 13/13 Thornish Knights.

In L1 is Black Cauldron  (Cursed item: cannot be destroyed or sacrificed, gifted or traded. Whoever defeats an army wielding Black Cauldron will gain the Black Cauldron.) (If a bog hag owns the Black Cauldron, all hags on their side will attack twice each round and always have the first attack; if anyone else owns the cauldron, 3 bog hags and 6d2 bog cats will spawn and then attack the current holder of the cauldron each turn until all three hags are defeated. Spawning occurs anew each time the cauldron gets a new non-hag owner)

Spoiler: Anathema (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Artefact List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Unique Sites (click to show/hide)

Notes

- 4 players face serious monster invasions, but you all have the power to avoid being defeated here. Remember, being beseiged isn't the worst thing so long as they don't kill all your defenders.
- Anathema! You all knew it was coming and here it is. A quick summary: the knights are only interested in defeating one player, whoever's been doing the most forbidden things. Currently only two players are in the running. Other players can sign up with the order, to convert their excess recruitment into gold. Over time, other Thornish forts will join the Order, leaving the other players alone.
- Definitely some missing artefacts in the list. Let me know what else...
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 03:32:36 am by notquitethere »

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 19, 2023, 07:02:19 pm »

G6 can be removed from the list of unique locations.

While operational: +2 income, if possible, two Barbarians from two different random squares will leave their post to fight at the start of each enemy phase, one one will return a Squelsh Champion (counts as two units, +1 to its attacks).
Could you please explain this? On which side (and against whom) do those barbarians fight?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 19, 2023, 07:05:35 pm »

Will I never be free from tanglebats? How much to borrow those skeletons again, Criptfiend? I can shoot you a boar next time I spawn one.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: June 19, 2023, 07:08:47 pm »

G6 can be removed from the list of unique locations.

While operational: +2 income, if possible, two Barbarians from two different random squares will leave their post to fight at the start of each enemy phase, one one will return a Squelsh Champion (counts as two units, +1 to its attacks).
Could you please explain this? On which side (and against whom) do those barbarians fight?
They fight each other to the death in the death ring. The winner upgrades to a Champion and returns to its prior location. It converts two barbarians into one champion once per turn.

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 19, 2023, 07:28:09 pm »

- (4 armies) March by boat to A6 from Castle Aubade.
- (2 armies) March from Fort Howling to C2.
- (1 army) sails forth by boat to C4 to scout.
- Spend 6 wood to make three bows.
- Spend 6 gold buying three armies.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 10:54:12 am by Horizon »
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Horizon

• Bay Watcher
  • hOlY cRaP tHe sUn?
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 19, 2023, 07:28:44 pm »

Don't mind if I do.
Go and Praise Mitsloe the artist of my avatar!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 19, 2023, 07:47:25 pm »

Will I never be free from tanglebats? How much to borrow those skeletons again, Criptfiend? I can shoot you a boar next time I spawn one.

Luckily since they are in a fort, tanglebats are turned off. If I send you a cat when you siege they'll only kill on a 8. With 7 siege weapons every attack is a kill and with the black lance you get 3 times the attacks. They'll still kill like... 4 of your dudes if you are loosing the first strike advantage via the lance (on average, with bad luck, more!) so you'll need around 12 dudes (with the cat, that'd be 11) to take it out. More for safety is always appreciated... but that'd be not too bad.

Order of Obeisance is very bad. Considering my reaction, but I'd say right now that people who help fight against them will certainly get my friendship, people who join them, less so.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 19, 2023, 07:51:37 pm »

Order of Obeisance is very bad. Considering my reaction, but I'd say right now that people who help fight against them will certainly get my friendship, people who join them, less so.
It might not suprise you that I don't like the Order very much, either.

By the way, I see there is a new poll up? But the closing date is still May 27th. Tanglebat has my vote for scariest monster, without any doubt.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 19, 2023, 07:53:34 pm »

Polls are borked on the forum, I can't seem to reset it properly.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 19, 2023, 07:57:58 pm »

I wasn't allowed to vote but I'd vote Boar on the whole. Dragons are worse but there's a lot more and more aggressive boars then there are dragons.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 19, 2023, 08:21:33 pm »

Luckily since they are in a fort, tanglebats are turned off. If I send you a cat when you siege they'll only kill on a 8. With 7 siege weapons every attack is a kill and with the black lance you get 3 times the attacks. They'll still kill like... 4 of your dudes if you are loosing the first strike advantage via the lance (on average, with bad luck, more!) so you'll need around 12 dudes (with the cat, that'd be 11) to take it out. More for safety is always appreciated... but that'd be not too bad.

Aha, didn't catch that they were in a fort. Thanks.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 19, 2023, 08:23:14 pm »

For trading this turn.

Obviously sending a stone to Quarque no matter what, so write that one down.
I'll also send a cat to Elephant Parade to kill his monsters for free, or sell it to him permanently for 6 gold.

To A1s and Kashyyk, I'd like to purchase access to the outpost this turn.

Edit: Oh, I didn't actually read your turn. You are talking about the tanglebats in the swarm forest? In that case yeah that's not great and not a fort. I thought you were talking about the monster mash to your north that is about to kill you. I'll send skeletons to help clean that up, let me give that a think about how much/if I would charge for that.

Edit2: L1 is missing a !
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 08:30:53 pm by Criptfeind »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 20, 2023, 01:17:23 am »

Oops  I didn't notice that E5 had been occupied. That complicates things.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 20, 2023, 10:37:29 am »

To A1s and Kashyyk, I'd like to purchase access to the outpost this turn.

I would very much like some Skeletons, to help clear out some Tanglebats. Would you be willing to trade/rent any in exchange for access?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 20, 2023, 07:16:04 pm »

Thanks for offering the cat, Criptfiend, but I'm going to pass—I don't want to wreck my only forest.

Gains
-2 soldiers (RIP)
-10 stone (lair)
+2 stone (received from FitzHarbort last turn, but not recorded in my post)
+4 soldiers
+1 stone
+2 gold

Trading
+1 cat (received from Vulk)

Spoiler: Dolton the Drunk (click to show/hide)

Orders
- Build 2 siege engines (-4 wood)
- March on E5 with 10 soldiers, 4 siege engines, Verbian Tusk
- March on H3 with 1 soldier
« Last Edit: June 24, 2023, 09:27:01 am by Elephant Parade »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 52