Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Emperor Palpatine (IC Thread)  (Read 2712 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Emperor Palpatine (IC Thread)
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2023, 04:59:52 pm »

V1 doesn't wait even a moment before lunging for the nearest grunt and blowing it in half with a shotgun.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2023, 05:39:50 am »

Activate my cloaking device and gut their leader with my blades.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2023, 05:46:44 am »

Sub-Zero freezes the floor beneath the Stormtroopers preparing to fire, from which he sends up a barrage of Ice Spikes in an attempt to impale them all quickly.

ReverseArcana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2023, 06:40:32 pm »

Use my flamethrower to spread happiness and fun to the stormtroopers, getting the party started

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2023, 11:39:05 pm »

As demanded, explain myself: I'm clearly a near-doppelganger of a known Rebel fugitive, so this band of ruffians is kidnapping me to use me as a body double in some kind of scheme to get him off the Empire's radar.

While I explain this, move out of the general sphere of the group, as if I am trying to get away from them, and then, while the stormtroopers' attention is held by the others, shoot whichever one is still left standing.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2023, 01:47:38 am »

Soldier launches a rocket at the group of stormtroopers

"Give 'em hell boys!"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2023, 12:41:26 pm »

Lando holds his hands up. "Easy, boys, easy," he starts to explain. "I'm a victim here! I just happen to look close to this guy, Rando or what have you, and these ruffians are using me as a body double for some kind of scheme." As he says this, he begins backing away from the group. "Arrest them, please save me, I'm just a victim here!" [Persuasion: 1+2 (Charming Demeanor)] The Stormtroopers collectively don't seem to buy it. One guard pulls a pair of bindings as the leader of the group holds Lando at gunpoint. "Nice try, Rebel Scum! Lando Calrissian, you are under arre-" And that's when V1 darts towards the handcuff grunt, shotgun in hand. [10 v 7] A single blast of burning metal and the man's abdomen seems to burst with red, sending him sprawling on the ground. Not dead, but very clearly heavily wounded. "CONTACT, CONTACT!" the Leader shouts.

COMBAT!

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Acting first, one of the enemy grunts backpedals rapidly, firing his blaster at the violent droid in front of him as he takes cover. [2 v 9] His blaster shots fly wildly, not even touching V1 with his quick reflexes.

While their attention is held by the machine, Lando quickly draws his blaster and fires at the Captain three times. [10 v 10] The first two shots fire wildly as he ducks for cover, but the third is quickly blocked by the stock of his own blaster, allowing him to quickly counterattack. [8 v 4] With a blast, Lando takes a bolt of energy directly to his left shoulder. It doesn't disarm him, but the pain is immediately evident.

V1, coldly and clinically, aims his revolver down to the wounded man, and fires once into his head, finishing that Stormtrooper off.

Pyro, immediately seeing the argument the group of friends is having in front of him, aims to solve the issue with their patented bubble blower! [9 v 2] [3 v 4] One of the masked baby-men is coated with bubbles, making him laugh and giggle like crazy. The bubbles are sticking to his mask and cute little gloves! The other naughty one, however, runs off with a mischievous twinkle in his eye!

Sub-Zero, in the real world, sees one of the grunts get set alight in what seems almost like hellfire, screaming as the fire sticks to his armor while his close partner darts away. He sends a hand covered in frost down to the ground and sends it across the grunge-covered soil to the fleeing soldier. [2 v 6] He manages to dodge the frozen floor and the resulting bed of spikes.

The last Stormtrooper not having fired or having been attacked takes cover, close by his Captain and the other fellow waiting man. "This is too much!" he yells out, but peeks out of cover to aim and fire at the strange, murmuring arsonist. [8 v 2] A single bolt strikes the Pyro in the side, sending a wheeze out of them as they stumble. One of them just poked Pyro with a sharp stick! That's not fair at all, not fair!"

Soldier is having the time of his life, laughing as he aims his rocket launcher towards the men in cover. "That's it, boys! Give 'em hell!" [10 v 9] [10 v 10] [2 v 8] The loud blast of the rocket being fired gives them just enough time to fall back, dodging the explosion just in time. The Stormtrooper who fired at V1 then procures a flashbang from his belt, and tosses it Soldier's direction. [1 v 9+2 (Helmet-Head)] There is a bright flash of light, and then Soldier lets out a louder guffaw of victory. "You think your commie firework can blind me? I see only America!"

"What the hell is he talkin' about?" The other grunt asks, before the Leader notices something."Wait...where's the alien?" [Stealth: 3+2 (Invisible)] A light shimmer catches one's eye, but it ducks behind scrap. "To our right, I think! Just saw somethin' move." [10 v 1] Suddenly, something leaps on top of the Captain, tackling him to the ground before his stomach seems to open on it's own. To his grunts' horror, invisible blades begin tearing organs free, leading to the Captain's swift death before the creature disappears.

Burning alive, the Stormtrooper Pyro caught alight begins to tuck and roll. [Extinguish: 7] He manages to stop the fire with a bit stopping and dropping to the ground, but if his unsteady breathing means anything, he's burnt pretty bad.

The final one, running for his life, looks back to see the carnage, before  running off into the scrapyard, presumably to retreat or for reinforcements.

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LovecraftianFairyTale (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ReverseArcana (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs and Enemies (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2023, 01:50:12 pm »

"You're not getting away."
V1 shoots the fleeing human through the head with its revolver.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 01:55:22 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

ReverseArcana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2023, 05:01:41 pm »

Continue spraying the bubbleblower at the naughty masked ones, before "gently" tapping the closest one's neck with the Happy Fun Stick's wider, more colorful end
To those without unusual goggles, they'd interpret this display as more fire being sprayed at stormtroopers, followed with a decapitation.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2023, 04:01:58 am »

Rip the captain's head off and collect his skull, also take his gun.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2023, 04:56:04 am »

Sub-Zero creates and launches an Ice Ball/Blast at the healthiest remaining Stormtrooper, aiming to freeze them in place and prioritising the fleeing one if they’re still alive.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2023, 01:32:29 pm »

start stealing intact ears

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2023, 03:36:44 pm »

If the retreating one is still getting away after all this, I try shooting him, or anyone else who may be trying to retreat in the future, but otherwise I see no reason to involve myself further.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2024, 02:14:47 pm »

Sorry for the radio silence! For, uh, a few months.

Working on the turn right now, but between the holidays and ADHD, I forgot to mention anything. Expect something soon! :)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2024, 04:24:04 pm »

Sorry for letting the game die. I've had bad mental health and kinda left this place behind altogether. I take full responsibility for that.

I have started a new game, however, and do intend to commit to another RPG like this at some point in the future!

Anyone interested in fighting a bit of Wiki-Warfare?
Pages: 1 [2] 3