Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge Emperor Palpatine (IC Thread)  (Read 2677 times)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Roll to Dodge Emperor Palpatine (IC Thread)
« on: September 19, 2023, 09:28:53 am »

Inspired by games like Roll to Dodge Princess Celestia and Los Cazadores...

A blinding flash, a brilliant light, and then you arrive in a galaxy far, far away. The tyrannical Galactic Empire, headed by former Republic Chancellor and Sith Lord Sheev Palpatine, controls the known universe with an iron fist. Enforced by his army of Imperial Stormtroopers, the hunters of the mystic known as the Inquisitors, and his black right hand known only as "Darth Vader," the traitorous Darth Sidious has attained unlimited power, backed by a universal "Force", an energy that binds all life together.

You have arrived here, or perhaps have lived here for some time, with one goal in mind. Free the Galaxy. On your journey, you will face not just the Empire, but random encounters across the multiverse, your personal demons, and even yourselves. Between bouts, you may relax and strategize, but your goal shall remain the same.

Palpatine and Darth Vader must be removed, killed, erased, or impeached. Tyranny cannot survive in this blackest sea.

That description makes it sound a lot more serious than I'm sure it will be. Welcome to yet another RPG by me! In this game, you will be playing as a set of characters from across established franchises, and fighting and roleplaying across the Star Wars galaxy in an attempt to defeat the entire Galactic Empire!
Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)
This is the thread for actually playing the game and discussing strategy and the like. The thread for character selection and dedicated OOC is here! You can join the game in both, but if you want to know who's available, you have to go to the other thread.

Players: 6/6
Navy V1 - Egan_BW
Blackglow Yellow The Predator - King Zultan
Red Lando Calrissian - Maximum Spin
BLU Soldier - The Canadian kitten
Teal Sub-Zero - LovecraftianFairyTale
Lightgreen Pyro - ReverseArcana

Waitlist: 2/Infinite
Cyan Ori - Strif3
Purple Predator - BlackPaladin99
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 07:26:12 pm by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge Emperor Palpatine (IC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 09:04:02 pm »

((PTW? Or should we start posting actions already?))
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 09:45:42 pm »

(Also PTW, unsure how to start anything right now)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 02:17:07 am »

(I'll also PTW)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ReverseArcana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 05:31:10 pm »

(PTW)

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 06:24:53 pm »

(Sorry! Yesterday was D&D Day, I completely lost track of time.)

When you shake away your mental cobwebs and first lay eyes on your new traveling party, your mission objective and basic information dragged into your brain like a body bag dragged to a hearse, you take a moment to look over them all. In total, six strangers now stand as one unit: a charismatic Rebel general and the only native to this galaxy, a Machine designed to drain blood from the living, a tall and strong alien trophy hunter armed to the gills with weaponry, a GI Jarhead with a big gun and his pyromaniacal compadre, and an assassin with the ability to freeze.

The environment you find yourself in is a sealed, oxygen rich dome. The outside world is a toxin-choked junkyard. [Investigation: 3+2 (Native)] Lando knows this planet, though only from star maps and stories: Raxus Prime, a world ravaged by industrialization during the Clone Wars.

Within the large dome is a door sealed by plasma. Just outside, miraculously, appear to be three spaceships, each one large enough to accommodate the six and with enough room to hover up and take off. One is a zipper of a ship, small and weakly armored but clearly packing serious thrusters. One is a gargantuan battle cruiser, slow but tanky, armed to the teeth. The final is a blend, a simple transport cruiser with utterly average armor, weaponry, and thrusters.

The floor is yours. Talk amongst yourselves and vote on a ship to escape and begin your mission.

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LovecraftianFairyTale (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ReverseArcana (click to show/hide)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 06:39:44 pm »

V1 points at the zipper. Armor and armament of the transport is irrelevant to the collection of blood. Worst case, the ship itself can be used as a missile to pierce the shields and hull of an enemy.
Always remember!
Pumsy loves you!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2023, 07:12:32 pm »

Yes, that one.

ReverseArcana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2023, 07:44:51 pm »

I point towards the small ship, choosing that one

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2023, 08:09:12 pm »

"DAMN YOU MERASMUS, ONCE I FIND A WAY OUT, MY BOOT WILL MEET YOUR ASS!

Oh Holy Mary, mother of Joseph. that is one beautiful ship...
"

The soldier points at the Battlecruiser, clearly representative of God-blessed American Freedom.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 01:18:28 am »

Hm. Though I would prefer the medium-sized vessel, moderation seems unlikely in a group such as this. The smaller ship it is then.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 01:21:32 am »

"We could take all the ships..."

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 01:50:35 am »

"We could take all the ships..."
Possibly. Though I can’t speak for the others, I don’t know how to pilot any of these vessels. Half of us appear to be mute, making communication between ships an issue, while the remainder seems…” Sub-Zero glanced to Soldier, “Enthusiastic. If feasible, though, the idea has merit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2023, 04:00:50 am »

Point at the smallest ship.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2023, 04:40:49 pm »

With the group quickly coming into agreement that the fastest ship would be the best for clearing up this mayhem, they arrive to the door of the oxygen-dome. Lando clicks off a few safety switches, and the blue, shimmering gate fades away like it were a lightswitch in a small room.

As they step out towards the ships, they immediately taste the pollution in the air, oxygen low compared to the carbon dioxide and harmful chemicals wafting through the surface of every inch of Raxus Prime. The less-armored ship, codenamed "Zipper", stands proud despite rusted plating and a less than stellar sheen. But before they can successfully open the doors and board the ship, they hear rough and tumble voices from their right. "FREEZE!" one shouts. A squad of about six people, clad in black and white armor and wielding firearms, step out from behind an ambush spot around the heavily armored vessel. "This area is restricted! Move back in the shelter and wait for processing. No one's supposed to be here, least of all armed! We need to take you in for questioning of being scavengers!" [Spot: 5] One of the lesser grunts behind the main man whispers something to the head honcho. "...You." He says while pointing to Lando Calrissian. "You look like a known Rebel fugitive. Explain yourself!" The other Stormtroopers, getting antsy, step back and click the safety switches on their blasters.

Spoiler: Egan_BW (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LovecraftianFairyTale (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: ReverseArcana (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3