Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: Israel-Gaza/Palestine war thread  (Read 30918 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Israel-Gaza/Palestine war thread
« Reply #120 on: December 22, 2023, 08:46:28 am »

I mean, it's not even wrong? Nuking ethiopia would solve the syrian refugee crisis, by dint of either nuclear apocalypse solving most or all of human existence, or subsuming it into a much larger refugee crisis. Wouldn't stop the crisis but it'd certainly make it no longer just a syrian one :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 22, 2023, 12:05:36 pm »

You're just too short-sighted to see the advantages of creating so many brand new jobs in the worldwide radiological-handling industry. Move fast, break stuff!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 22, 2023, 03:03:23 pm »

About 1% of Gaza dead in two months.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 23, 2023, 03:12:47 am »

You're just too short-sighted to see the advantages of creating so many brand new jobs in the worldwide radiological-handling industry. Move fast, break stuff!
Don't forget about all the people needed to build all the bunkers that will be wanted in case the nukes continue to fly!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2023, 06:28:51 am »

Don't forget about all the people needed to build all the bunkers that will be wanted in case the nukes continue to fly!
Broken window theory school of diplomacy

About 1% of Gaza dead in two months.
With half a million starving :/

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 25, 2023, 03:38:13 am »

https://nypost.com/2023/12/19/news/gaza-hospital-chief-admits-to-being-hamas-commander/

I am pro-Israeli (in this war) and I have like zero doubts that any position of power in Gaza means a member of Hamas (it is how totalitarian governments work) but presenting interrogation as proof will never convince anyone on the other side. I am quite puzzled by Israeli propaganda sometimes. It is mediocre, Israeli teenage tiktokers do a better job than their government.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2023, 01:59:19 am »

Al Jazeera vid
So, Israel says it should control the Philadelphi Strip... I think this is pre-planning for their withdrawal out of Gaza. They want to convince some other idiots to be "peacekeepers" in Gaza, but they still want a place where they can set up sensors and surveillance for tunnels, and do facial recognition on everyone passing through (and make arrests, etc).
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?
     and
If you're going to kill me, I'm allowed to scream.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2023, 07:33:02 am »

Al Jazeera vid
So, Israel says it should control the Philadelphi Strip... I think this is pre-planning for their withdrawal out of Gaza. They want to convince some other idiots to be "peacekeepers" in Gaza, but they still want a place where they can set up sensors and surveillance for tunnels, and do facial recognition on everyone passing through (and make arrests, etc).
Violating peace treaties in the name of security -_-

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2023, 08:20:38 am »

I needed to Google the Philadelphi Strip to make sure it was what I assumed was the Egyptian-Gaza border, and this is what Google decided I needed:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But anyway yeah cake and eat it too
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2023, 11:49:08 am »

I needed to Google the Philadelphi Strip to make sure it was what I assumed was the Egyptian-Gaza border, and this is what Google decided I needed:

But anyway yeah cake and eat it too
Bibi to open his own hunky Gaza strip club?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 31, 2023, 12:43:21 pm »

and this is what Google decided I needed:
Never let it be said that Uncle Google doesn't try to be accomodating...

feelotraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • (y-sqrt{|x|})^2+x^2=1
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2023, 09:12:23 pm »

Al Jazeera vid

Yeah, sort of, maybe... (thanks for the link)

Certainly they are angling for something that they could never achieve during peacetime.  While also giving themselves yet another excuse to prolong the "war" indefinitely, since their demands on the Philadelphi strip remain unresolved.  Seems like a carrot on a stick to me, allowing them to divert attention from the ongoing massacre and to dictate terms for ending it as they see fit.

More cynically, if they achieve their stated "war goal" of destroying Hamas then control over the strip will be unnecessary and if they don't then what has the war and the tens of thousands civilian casualties been all about...

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 01, 2024, 01:38:33 am »

More cynically, if they achieve their stated "war goal" of destroying Hamas then control over the strip will be unnecessary and if they don't then what has the war and the tens of thousands civilian casualties been all about...

If the USA will achieve their stated "war goal" of destroying Nazi party then control over the large part of Germany will be unnecessary and if they don't then what has the war and the hundreds of thousands civilian casualties been all about...

Of course, Israel must occupy Gaza and establish control until Palestinians (or at least Gazans) will admit that they followed a monstrous ideology, apologize for their vile crimes and build a political system that would make new Hamas impossible.

If Germans, past WW2, opted for the route of declaring themselves innocent victims, continued practicing Nazi ideology in the underground and waged armed resistance against occupiers - USA would stat in Germany for far longer... 
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 01:40:10 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #134 on: January 01, 2024, 10:29:29 pm »

If the USA will achieve their stated "war goal" of destroying Nazi party then control over the large part of Germany will be unnecessary and if they don't then what has the war and the hundreds of thousands civilian casualties been all about...

Of course, Israel must occupy Gaza and establish control until Palestinians (or at least Gazans) will admit that they followed a monstrous ideology, apologize for their vile crimes and build a political system that would make new Hamas impossible.

If Germans, past WW2, opted for the route of declaring themselves innocent victims, continued practicing Nazi ideology in the underground and waged armed resistance against occupiers - USA would stat in Germany for far longer...
Gazans don't even control their own water, how tf do they control Hamas?

It's just a circular logic of "our war crimes justify continued war crimes." Israeli governments support Hamas. Hamas stops Palestinians in Gaza from governing themselves. This divides them from Palestinians in the West bank. End result; neither side can resist land annexations and cleansing. Can't think of a scenario more dangerous to the zionist project than friendly Israeli-Palestinian relations where rule of law & diplomatic relations and not military force set the stage. Like fuck man, how am I supposed to reconcile the cognitive dissonance between palestinians must be punished collectively (war crime) over a Hamas they didn't support, whilst I am supposed to support the government coalition with the Jewish Power party that openly endorses racism and terrorism? White Power parties aren't even legal to have in most European countries

A real estate company has swooped in on a stretch of beachfront in Gaza in a bid to build luxury homes on land reduced to rubble. Harey Zahav, a leading real estate company in Israel, is advertising building beach homes in Gush Katif, as war rages on between Israel and Hamas.

The region, inside Gaza, was part of 17 Israeli settlements inside the strip until August 2005 when the Israeli army forcibly removed Jewish residents from their homes after Israel "unilaterally disengaged" from the region. In a string of posts to Harey Zahav's Instagram account, the company shares its intentions to build the condos on the beachfront, with videos showing workers talking about plans on-site, as well as other graphics showing what appear to be housing layout and even the opportunity to buy at presale.

"We at Harey Zahav are working to prepare the ground for a return to Gush Katif," a translation seen by Express.co.uk reads. "A number of our employers have started working on the reclamation of the area, the removal of waste and the expulsion of invaders."

Multiple posts on social media appear to show that the company is in Gaza and already carrying out work.

One video shows Shalom Warmstein, described as a 'business associate' on Harey Zahav's website, dressed in military fatigues and allegedly in Gaza.
To the sound of construction works in the background, he says: "What's up, wow, I miss you. We are here in the heart of Gaza doing what we do. Good luck to you, I love you, bye bye," according to translation software used by Express.co.uk.

In another post, a CAT excavator can be seen cleaning the ground, with a vast ocean in the background.
A separate image shows three men holding a yellow and blue Israel flag that reads: "Another brick is being built — we will remember and come back."

More detailed real estate plans show a graphic of the Gaza Strip with dots pointing towards proposed units and their planned locations, with new names for settlements, and a caption that reads: "Now at presale prices."
It is unclear if Harey Zahav has started accepting payments for its properties. The company did not respond to a request for comment.

Karim Ali, international coordinator and co-founder of paracycling team the Gaza Sunbirds, told Express.co.uk that the activities "didn't surprise" him.
He said: "We were seeing early designs coming out from these agencies, and ultimately speaking, I think this just prequalifies what we've been saying along, that this war has nothing to do with Hamas or what happened on October 7. It's being motivated by profits, as war often is. It is a war of conquest.

"These houses that are being built, in my opinion, are nothing short of colonial settlements being built on stolen land — not land from Palestine but land from Palestinians.
"It's speaking about what is to come, and I think the world should treat this as a late-stage warning signal of the true extent of their horrible intent for Gaza."

UK-occupied Germany rejected the Morgenthau plan, focused on getting food security, civil involvement in administration, reconstruction and education as the best ways to show Germans an alternative to the nazi party. This whole "we'll keep killing your children and taking your land until you're sorry for the terrorists we put in charge" approach smacks more of lebensraum than USA occupied Japan or allied occupied Germany. Few places more dangerous for Palestinians than under Israeli occupation...

The United Nations has called on Israel to end “unlawful killings” and settler violence in the occupied West Bank, warning of a rapidly deteriorating human rights situation during intensified Israeli raids.

In a report published on Thursday, the UN Human Rights Office detailed a “sharp increase” in air strikes and military incursions into densely populated refugee camps, resulting in deaths, injuries and widespread damage to civilian infrastructure in the occupied territory.
“The use of military tactics means and weapons in law enforcement contexts, the use of unnecessary or disproportionate force, and the enforcement of broad, arbitrary and discriminatory movement restrictions that affect Palestinians are extremely troubling,” UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Volker Turk said in a statement.

Since then, the UN has verified the deaths of at least 300 Palestinians in the West Bank, including 79 children, the report said. Of these, 291 were killed by Israeli forces, eight by settlers and one was killed by either soldiers or settlers.
Nearly 4,800 Palestinians have been arrested since the war on Gaza began.
Since October 7, the UN has documented a “sharp rise in settler attacks”, including “shootings, burning of homes and vehicles, and uprooting of trees”.

There is no Hamas in Israeli occupied West Bank; there is no Hamas gov in West Bank at all. Yet the IDF continues to show it's brave stance in opposing military grade olive trees and protecting Israeli settlers who are just defending Israel from a potential invasion by invading Palestinian houses. And why not air strike a refugee camp. I can't think of any reasons not too -_-

This whole "Palestinians are all nazis and we must denazify them" really falls apart when you're just taking their land. Got more in common with conquistadors civilising the natives and teaching them to celebrate their own conquest
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 10:32:26 pm by Loud Whispers »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41