Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Nano Fortress (2013.1.25.1)  (Read 87376 times)

the_taken

• Bay Watcher
  • Oooooooh... shiny...
    • View Profile
Re: Nano Fortress
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:00 pm »

cant we just set one dwarf to speed 0? we could call then superman and make him a westler :D so he could kill all monsta comming in ...
and back to the subject,
do you thinki it is possible to make a rich dwarfen economy system based on forges by using only traded ores to make metal, so we could make a one tile forge colony...

Yes.

Chronicle your deffort here: DF Community Games & Stories
Or even start a succesion game. Call it Metal Pin of Dancing Angels or something.
Totally Unrelated, Shameless Self Promotion: Battles of the Star Angels and Space Devils

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2008, 09:13:02 am »

how much tile is a nano fortress (i mean ok it is 1*1 but how many small tiles makes it?)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2008, 09:44:35 am »

(I think) 48x48, and 48 up and down if the map if flat. But you can't use the edge tile.

If I do some more calculating, I could work out how large any given map is, and then give a rough estimate of stone/wood units...hmm....

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2008, 11:06:30 am »

There are 5 unbuildable tiles too, so your trade depot needs to be almost in the middle of the map.  When I attempted a 1x1 bottomless pit the depot had to be entirely supported by constructions.

Everyone starved to death on that map.  Damn all that magma that blorped out the top.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2008, 08:40:28 am »

wich are after you interesting nano fortress places, withouth making it imposible to survive?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2008, 02:09:49 pm »

wich are after you interesting nano fortress places, withouth making it imposible to survive?

Huh?

the_taken

• Bay Watcher
  • Oooooooh... shiny...
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2008, 02:14:30 pm »

Huh?

What interesting places are you after that are not impossible to survive in?
Totally Unrelated, Shameless Self Promotion: Battles of the Star Angels and Space Devils

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2008, 02:31:34 pm »

i think i found it ;)
Mohreb el Yasim

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2008, 05:55:21 pm »

Huh?

What interesting places are you after that are not impossible to survive in?

Oh, a 1x1 bottomless pit IS survivable, you just have to get harvesting local plants, bring a lot of food, and set up some farms.  I haven't tried in 39f yet, but it should be doable.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2008, 01:01:43 am »

i just made a magma pipe and i will build the habitations, trade centers from level one, some farms, obsidian farm glass making and any industries in the middle (the 2 not aquifier soil layers+ the surface)
and a big dongon and mausoleums in the downside.
i want to make it no imigrant's colonie, so just chields for more dwarf (i limited them too to not have a dwarf women with 10 kids in the same time)
i think it will be a peacfull but not too easy map, and i have just humans and dwarfs on the world so it can be fun too, no hippie elfs is cool (but i wont have exotic animals, and no goblins so i am obliged to trade for all metal/ore no narrow armor based forges. and i migth still have kobolds and magebeastes to come ...
Mohreb el Yasim

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2008, 03:16:07 pm »

Oh, a 1x1 bottomless pit IS survivable, you just have to get harvesting local plants, bring a lot of food, and set up some farms.  I haven't tried in 39f yet, but it should be doable.

Just after posting that I managed, holy of holys, to find a magma vent right next to a bottomless pit.  1x2 embark!

(Note: most bottomless pits are probably impossible due to the lack of soil layers AND other water sources--bring lots of animals!)

TimeOut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2008, 06:15:03 am »

I want to thank you for this great tool. I am currently playing a nano fortress in a haunted forest. Getting besieged by zombie deer from all sides and improving my z-level design skills, all in one.

Great idea and a great tool! :D

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2008, 06:19:50 am »

for go on the botomless pit you needed a embark anywhere tool too? or isn't something like that wich let you embark in places you couldn't normaly?
Mohreb el Yasim

Erom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2008, 08:58:06 am »

I love this utility. Trying desperately to get a palisade build while my military holds off wave after wave of Ogres = the most fun I've had with DF in a long time.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2008, 10:44:16 am »

for go on the botomless pit you needed a embark anywhere tool too?

Correct.  Bottomless pits only occur in mountain (local) tiles, so they are normally unembarkable alone.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16