Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Nano Fortress (2013.1.25.1)  (Read 87878 times)

Angellus

Re: Nano Fortress
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2008, 03:12:22 pm »

Since I play on a 4+ year old, crappy laptop and I installed Vista on it; I need all the performance boosting I can get.

Therefore opening up those 1x1 fortresses for your convenience: http://www.geocities.com/jifodus/nanofortress.zip

It's been designed to work with v0.28.181.39c and later. If it detects the map finder in v0.28.181.39d and later, it will attempt to patch that as well.

It is possible that it will work with earlier versions, however, it's largely untested.

Also, before anyone says they see sky on the fortress overview map on a 1x1 fortress, I'll say that Dwarf Fortress wasn't originally intended to run on 1x1 local area maps hence there will be unexpected, possibly disasterous or possibly hilarious consequences.

Vista eats RAM, its a bad idea to install it on an old laptop.
However I have a decent computer with 64bit Vista, and its faster than XP. :)
XP32 or XP64bit version?

Nomadic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2008, 07:37:02 pm »

Well I deleted my saves and it is working again. I found one of my backups I had made and it seems to be working fine. I just wish I knew what caused it.

sorbius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 04, 2008, 09:38:02 am »

1x1 would run too fast to micromanage the dwarfs would be ripping space and time moving so fast.
Large Dwarf Collider :o

that's why there's an FPS cap in the init, set to 100 by default.
keepin' it real for atleast the last 5 minutes.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #93 on: August 04, 2008, 11:01:07 am »

combine this with the new adjustable screen sizes and you will be able to see the entire map at once!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2008, 11:11:24 am »

combine this with the new adjustable screen sizes and you will be able to see the entire map at once!

Awesome. But I hope Toady makes sure that there are no bugs when your screen is bigger than the map.

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2008, 04:31:59 am »

1x1 would run too fast to micromanage the dwarfs would be ripping space and time moving so fast.
Large Dwarf Collider :o
Elf: Surely you mean small dwarf collider? Ho ho!

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2008, 06:26:58 am »

can you have a magma pipe and a brook on a 1*1?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2008, 07:11:41 am »

Every pipe I've had on a nano fortress has been underground. It's the brook the poses problems. I hope I an find a map where it just barely scraches one of the corners.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2008, 09:10:58 am »

anyway it can be replaced with aquifire just it is less fun and it have less fish in it ...
i think i will try to make a nice fort once on a nano ... it migth be abel to run smoth even if i will have mor then 50 dwarfs :D economy beware i am comming ...
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2008, 12:50:14 pm »

Enjoy having an economy based on throwing vomit at each other and gnawing on grubs, because you sure won't find a lot of metal for coins in one tile!

BTW did Toady ever fix the single-coin-stack problem where people would haul around one coin at a time and the coins would fill up the forges?
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2008, 01:43:19 pm »

to be honest i alredy done many(3) fortress withouth mining just obsidian farm -> stone based economy and i liked this type of challange ... with trade i got many metals and all type of gems too within a few years ...
Mohreb el Yasim

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2008, 03:23:24 pm »

No.  Every feature takes up the whole tile, even a SE flowing river zig-zags to stay entirely within one tile.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2008, 03:53:31 pm »

I tried having some fun by setting my FPS cap to an absurd amount, then embarking on a totally flat map with no temperature or weather. My FPS was in the realm of ridiculous, 1k-2k range.

First go around I forgot to removed the [SPEED:0] tag from my dwarves. They were so damned fast I didn't even see them moving at all. They'd be at one spot, then a split second later they'd be on the other side of the map, surrounded by a batch of freshly killed undead animals. By the time I decided to change my speed (and stop since the aquifer was impenetrable, not enough trees or dwarves to make pumps), the entire outside edge of the map was covered with corpses, bones, and blood.

Even normal speed dwarves fly along the map at warp speed.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2008, 02:08:17 am »

Setting their speed to 0 allows them to teleport afaik so it's only logical you can't see them move. It also makes them nigh invincible in combat because they can get in about 1000 hits before the enemy is able to do anything at all.
Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2008, 02:50:57 am »

cant we just set one dwarf to speed 0? we could call then superman and make him a westler :D so he could kill all monsta comming in ...
and back to the subject,
do you thinki it is possible to make a rich dwarfen economy system based on forges by using only traded ores to make metal, so we could make a one tile forge colony...
Mohreb el Yasim

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16