Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)  (Read 56744 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2008, 06:50:25 pm »

Fifty turns down the line...

Umgran:

Digestion: 50 [150EP] - Umgran can digest all forms of matter.  Their guts are now a form of annihilation plant.  They pee neutronium.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2008, 07:05:15 pm »

It seems my species was not moved. Right now, they would drown in a great deal of confusion.

Perhaps get them to the land?

Also EuchreJack: You choose a species with an inferior shock? The Shrike, upon hearing of this deity, put away the thought of such a deity choosing such a creature over them. They choose to worship the lightning instead.

Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2008, 07:10:22 pm »

Quote from: Aqizzar
penguin - The *Plantwe* need *asterisks*.  Many *bubbles* enjoy the *sauce*!

What smell does an asterisk have, anyhow?
it's smells like *happy spices*, *Camper*!  :-\

more seriously though, the asterisks get old, they have been more and more phased out in later posts.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2008, 08:04:47 pm »

Fifty turns down the line...

Umgran:

Digestion: 50 [150EP] - Umgran can digest all forms of matter.  Their guts are now a form of annihilation plant.  They pee neutronium.

Reptiles don't pee.  They dump everything out at once.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2008, 08:07:16 pm »

As far as interpreting my will, did you have any ideas?  I'm thinking one way of communication is for the religious leader to drink a foul mixture of alcohol, scum, jalopenio peppers, and other things, with the mixture conveying the message.  Then, the religious leader will vomit out the mixture, and read the vomit to determine my will.  Ha ha ha, feel the pain!    ;D

Err, how about using concentrated electrical shocks to set something on fire, then reading the flames.  Or having a mysterious artifact to communicate with, like a crystal computer or some such.

Also, crap!  Double post!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2008, 08:24:46 pm »

Fifty turns down the line:

Hunters organ (50) 150 EP: The Shrike are a race of Thor gods. They can turn anything into a plasma just from looking at it cross.

Limbs (50) 150 EP: These limbs can control minute amounts of matter, as well as cut most substances and crumble rocks in their hands.

Breeding (50) 150 EP: You see that little thing? There is now a legion. Rabbits look at this creature in envy. Every moment of this creatures life is devoted to one action: Shag.

I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2008, 08:56:16 pm »

but if they spend every moment doing the "shag" they wont have enough time to look cross at things, or crush them in their hands!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2008, 09:02:16 pm »

but if they spend every moment doing the "shag" they wont have enough time to look cross at things, or crush them in their hands!

Thankfully:

Multitasking 20(30): This creature can do a few different tasks at once.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2008, 09:34:58 pm »

Second Post updated with Gods.  I left out chaoticag since he hasn't posted again - if you're still interested chaoticag just PM or post and I'll put you in.  Nobody's worshiping anything yet.

Aside from some clarifications from Shikogan, Nilocy, and maybe Draigh, we're ready to go.  The map needs a quick update - I'll get it momentarily.  For the at least the first turn populations and worship figures will be abstract, until I figure out some population growth and faith systems.  Other than that, there's nothing left to cover.  EDIT: One other clarification - Duke, you asked for I/K 19 for your location, but it's pretty crowded in there.  Anywhere else you'd rather be?

Consider this the Official Lead-In for Turn 1.  Turn posts can look like this-
RP Stuff, as much or little as you want.
Spoilered: Whatever actions you want to take.
Spoilered: How you want to spend unused points.

I'd prefer if points are not spent in advance, since I'd have to generate totals and figure out how you want them distributed.  You say what you want to do, I dole out points, you spend them and described your next actions, and on it goes.  A system will work itself out.

So... I guess everyone who wants to can get started.  For this first turn just describe where you are, and what you want your species to be doing in general.  Big events, migrations, settling in, drives toward inventions, major mutation, whatever you can think of.  See the old threads for examples.  Gods might want to wait for their chosen to make their moves before deciding how you want to favor them, but I don't presume to boss gods around.  You don't have any PP to spend, but I'll take your godly wills into account.

There are no special events in play, the sun has turned from green to it's natural orange again, the world is warming up to a temperate climate, the funguslands have receded to an equilibrium, and the skies are clear.  Whatever you want to be doing, do it.  I'll consider Turn 0.5 over on Wednesday-ish (we're worldwide, and I live at night), or after everyone posts, whichever comes first.  Then, it's officially Turn 1.  Viva!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2008, 09:57:28 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2008, 10:35:18 pm »

Ottati looked rather satisfied.  Wars had been fought.  Lives had been lost.  But the Nahuantl were finally unified, by a prophecy written in the sky.  However, there was still land not held under their sway.  In particular, the fungal forests to the northeast and the island  across the eastern river, Chiloq, struck her fancy.  She decided she would soon convince the hegemony to send some colonists there to pave the way.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2008, 10:59:43 pm »

okay for clarification Aqizzar just take one point off psychic abilities and change it to telepathy that every race can understand. i also change my hexes to V-8, V-10, U-9 and T-10
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2008, 11:32:22 pm »

Hm, not much to RP about if I don't have anything remotely resembling civilization. But if I understand the rules correctly, I need to wait until next turn to spend points, because I gain them at the end of this turn.

The Chibor couldn't really form a society yet, but they know and can convey two emotions: fear and hunger. Therefore they look at everything in reference to these two emotions.

The Chibor surrounding the fungal forest were curious as to its properties. They used the usual approach: was it to be feared, eaten, or left alone? Small swarms of Chibor adventured deeper into the forest to see what it was.

Other Chibor have taken special notice of some creatures in the bordering areas. The flying creatures seem safe to be around, even if they're a bit hard for the Chibor to understand.

The other creatures are also harmless. Although strange, they show no interest in killing Chibor, but do have a tendency to guard areas of plants. Luckily for them, there are few patches of food on the border between their territory and Chibor territory.

Spoiler: Tasks (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 11:48:15 am by penguinofhonor »

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2008, 11:52:56 pm »

It is eating season again, like every season, and the Umgran are eating anything they can get ahold of. If it is too big to eat whole, they squirt their acid on it, and then drink it. That is how they live... for now...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2008, 02:35:26 am »

Thanks guys for the quick replies, it got me into writing gear, and now I'm more confident in carrying this thing onward.  This is going to be just fine.

Put up the new map, and reduced everybody to four regions, just to be fair.  The Shrike migrated, and the Jhiar'd and Plantwe lost their colonies.

By the way, since me and a1s got cool new symbols (thanks again Iituem) does anyone else want a special icon?

Duke - Since that valley is too damn crowded, I put the Shrike on the north side of the pass.  I hope that'll work for you, say so if not.  I guess they went through the Kadesh to get there, somehow.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2008, 04:40:24 am »

i wouldn't mind one, actually heres the link to it. If its too much trouble dont bother

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=41b9eee9a3d3dc07d2db6fb9a8902bda

Anyway i posted a nice RP for my previous post but it didn't save thanks to my dodgy internet; so ill just say that it was scouting for other signs of intelligent life and for possible habitats that the Ahkarii could reside in, in the future.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 03:20:13 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 26