Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)  (Read 56734 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2008, 01:59:41 pm »

I kinda figured it was one of those "One or two ways" of doing these challenges. Eh, lets see what civ use it grants. Perhaps their fats can be burned easily? Perhaps their flesh makes good ropes? Perhaps they make lovely handbags? Who knows.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2008, 01:28:28 am »

HAI GUYS WATS GOIN ON IN THS THRED

The turn results are done at last... sort of.  a1s (inactive since Friday) and Sir Edmund (inactive since the 21st) haven't responded, so I'll just have to consider them paused until they either come back, or another turn passes and they go feral.  That means Nilocy's diplomacy doesn't happen, and to cop out and get done quicker, I skipped over on Duke's contact (still takes effect though).  List Post will be updated when the turn is actually ended, since Iituem will need to rerun some population numbers for the map, and I'll add in his dividing factors.

The one remaining thing is the Jhiar'd / Nahuantl war.  Iituem mentioned working on a more generational warfare system, since I couldn't figure out the battle-oriented one he wrote.  Until that's out of the way, Nilocy and NonAnon can't really continue, but if Iituem doesn't do my work for me, I'll put at least something together right soon (no really).  All that being said, I'm sure everyone else will want to take their next turn, and I can't really object so go ahead.

IMPORTANT NOTE: NonAnon, Nilocy, Asheron, Euchre - The war is still taking place in Turn 1, please don't jack me up by posting with new stuff regarding that.  At the latest, the war results of Turn 1 will be up Monday.

Got university work to do again tomorrow and the next couple days, but my schedule is surprisingly clear after that, the next turn should come sooner.  That's enough covering my ass for now, so here we go, a week and a half after the last turn.  For time and simplicity, I've elected to skip Events except for extreme cases and godly actions.  Instead, there's a Turn Event that everyone has to deal with in some way.  No specific need to address it or how, just something to spur movement, not that it seems anybody needs it.

For just this turn, Gods' PP added 10 to the d100 results, because there were only a couple of them.  With actual population numbers, I now have actual worship numbers, and PP will start flooding in.  Each PP adds 1 to a d100 to achieve stuff as a God, and the amount of PP spent to do something will effect my decision on the outcome - generally the more PP, the more tangible effect, but the higher the d100, the more people take notice.

One new rule, trying to found multiple colonies is hard.  -15 to each attempt for two colonies in one turn, an additional -10 to each attempt for every colonization beyond two.  This is partly to reflect the difficulties of rapidly spreading into untamed lands (remember that sufficient abilities can easily make up the loss), and also a play balance issue of me trying to keep people from gobbling up the map.

Species

Chibor
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yrb

Umgran

Ahkarii

Lanlar

Shrike

Jhiar'd

Nahuantl

Kadesh

Gods

Lukut Cush Lhac

Nevon

Euchre

Event
Storm Season
Across Pangaea the old, the wise, the observant, and the fearful see an upswing in the frequency of thunderstorms.  Before long, the monsoons are obvious to all.  Lightning and wind rage across the continent.  Forests are ripped apart and rivers surge.  In a generation, the weather returns to normal, but not before scattering all before it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 10:34:33 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2008, 04:35:18 am »

Nevon saw, and she was pleased. Her people knew the art of irrigation now, a gift that they should not quickly forget.
Now, she turned towards the east. Some self-proclaimed ethereal dared to ready some kind of sentient monkeys for war against her people?
This would not go unpunished.

She unleashed a bundle of pure mana upon the mountainous lands that formed the borders of the two races. She would reduce it to ashes, and none would dare travel over it again.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:37:01 am by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2008, 08:52:46 am »

So I don't get another event until I'm done with this one? That's nice of you. I'll get my turn soon. From the speed this game is going at, there's not much of a hurry.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2008, 03:05:59 pm »

Turn 2 Map

Apologies again for the delay. 
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: September 28, 2008, 03:13:33 pm »

Fucking hell... theres like a million Chibor on this planet! I demand a culling!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 28, 2008, 03:16:27 pm »

Fucking hell... theres like a million Chibor on this planet! I demand a culling!

Also note the large population of Jhiar'd.

I'm surprised at how numerous Shrike are. Sure it isn't a total swarm, but they handle well.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 28, 2008, 03:17:11 pm »

Yeah, I know i have many... but... theres a million... chibor... A MILLION!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2008, 03:22:30 pm »

Yeah, I know i have many... but... theres a million... chibor... A MILLION!

A slight breeze will cause the deaths of hundreds. I'm sure if they faced electric enemies, whole swaths of them could be clear-cut like fire through dry grass.

Then again, if that dry grass had buckets full of water...

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 28, 2008, 04:04:27 pm »

IMPORTANT NOTE: NonAnon, Nilocy, Asheron, Euchre - The war is still taking place in Turn 1, please don't jack me up by posting with new stuff regarding that.  At the latest, the war results of Turn 1 will be up Monday.

Does this mean to wait to post the turn until the results are up?  Can I go ahead and invest the 11 EP in something?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 28, 2008, 04:10:12 pm »

Don't make fun of my Chibor. There are actually two and a quarter million. They are not to be underestimated.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 28, 2008, 04:21:29 pm »

Does this mean to wait to post the turn until the results are up?  Can I go ahead and invest the 11 EP in something?

I'll ask you to wait, but I'm tired of feeling like an ass, and I'm not getting any real work done anyway, so I'll start working on the war results right now.  Iituem was working on a different combat system, but it's not done yet.  The results of this past turn will be made with his battle-oriented system, so it'll be kinda wacky.  Should be done quite soon.

penguin - I didn't give you, or some others, special events because I couldn't think of any.  The only purpose they really serve is prodding a player into activity, which nobody seems to need anyway.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 28, 2008, 04:56:11 pm »

Well, it's still good that I don't have two events at once. You should really try to make that a rule or something, so people don't get overwhelmed because they got low rolls.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 05:42:50 pm by penguinofhonor »

Tuv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 28, 2008, 05:40:09 pm »

A flaming sun crashes from the sky, deep in the mountains. Most of the Umgran have already moved on, but the ones still remaining in the mountain range were drawn like moths to a flame. The seductive vibrations, so much more powerful than their own, they would try to study this sun, maybe even eat it to gain its powers.

Elsewhere, Two of the large family-groups of Umgran found a strange new place, it was flat, and had almost no rocks. Without the minerals from the rocks the Umgran's shells would slowly weaken, and they would be unable to reproduce. But this new land had other animals, and the Umgran quickly found a substitute to the rock of their previous homeland. When the other animals in the flat lands died, they left behind strange hard white rocks, which quickly became the main diet for the families. But this new diet made them look different, and quickly much in-fighting flared. The Umgran with the new white shells praised themselves for having found an easier to manipulate source of protection, and asserted that the old rock-shelled Umgran were too deeply rooted in tradition to survive. While the old rock-shelled Umgran cursed the white shells for trying to destroy all they had tried to create.

Because the white shells are only just appearing, either from new births or converted older Umgran, they are quickly "enslaved" by the Rock-Shells to gather food and the like. The flat-lands have no rocky-outcroppings or natural camouflage for the Umgran, and so the Rock-Shells order the White Shells to try and carve out burrows in the ground with their stomach-acid.

Spoiler: Actions: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: EP Usage: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Comments: (click to show/hide)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 28, 2008, 07:11:32 pm »

Warfare model done (much simpler this time, to start with) and sent to Aq.  We might still be using the battle system depending on if Aq has already done it with that.  In the War system, battles are abstracted down to a handful of rolls, but multiple battles take place.  Depending very much on whether Aq has the time, this could end up being done as a series of mini battle reports, or a summation of the whole campaign, but the system now exists for that.   :D

Edit:  And it looks like you're getting your radioactive Umgran a bit sooner than you expected at this rate, Tuv.  XD
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26