Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)  (Read 56733 times)

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Not a debate, a forum game -3- (For Reals)
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2008, 04:39:36 pm »

wow read you people rp post make me wish I had realize of this game sooner, so that I could joined in. :(

New gods could maybe enter the game still..?
I willing take that if allow too :P
*Go start work on making one*
Quote from: Jetsquirrel
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
  • He has a fertile imagination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2008, 04:41:36 pm »

I'd even say we need at least as much as races...

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2008, 04:55:38 pm »

If not more... well maybe the same for major gods or something.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2008, 05:45:50 pm »

Well since lot of people say yes though still technigue up to gm here is my app for god in the spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 05:50:47 pm by omagaalpha »
Announce that i saw the whole creation of hte universe! and hold the monolith again
|The monolith is alive! And seemingly annoyed by your hugs. Or maybe static electricity of some kind that for some reason didn’t hit you last time.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2008, 05:52:07 pm »

not necessarily (as gods are real in this game, we could really make due with a single pantheon, by which I mean that there's only one god who represents a certain aspect, and they form a relatively complete spectrum, not that they would all be worshiped as one. which is, by the way, not a bad idea- some race of super spiritual creatures with 100 faith distrusted among most of the gods...)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2008, 06:55:48 pm »

I mean mainly the game balance... A race with a god is a bit stronger unless a deity actively plays against its own worshippers (but why should it?).

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2008, 07:59:50 pm »

I mean mainly the game balance... A race with a god is a bit stronger unless a deity actively plays against its own worshippers (but why should it?).

I'm sure after a diety has become embedded into a civ, intimidation would be the best way of keeping the faith.

"Fire from the sky! May our diety help us, for he is angry!"
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2008, 08:36:35 pm »

"I'm gonna grant you a miracle you can't refuse."

And yes, I'm happy to have another god.  Registration is closed to species (down to 10 now), but more Gods is just fine.  I'll add you to the growing pile of things I need to change in the List Post.  I can see that English isn't your strong suit, but that's no problem.  Feel free to post a Turn (still on turn 2) for your god - you don't have any Power Points yet, so you can't effect much, but I'll take any actions to inspire new worshipers once you pick something to favor.  Just look at the other God's post for examples of how to work it all.  Glad to have you aboard, omagaalpha.

Only me and NonAnon have not posted new turns yet.  Sir Edmund is effectively out, inactive since the 21st - the Ammp have turned feral, but being semi-organized herbivores anyway, I won't bother turning them into a distinct element like the Shriekers and such, just make their land more food-dense (hint).  With Iituem's new generational warfare math, I can make some genuinely effective battles.

I guess this is going to be a weekly thing from now on.  Being 8:30 now with a post, NonAnon, and a new god to cover, the turn certainly won't be done tonight, but I'm good for tomorrow.  Should have my own turn up a little later, as usual.  Oh yeah, I'm also working on a rubric for diplomacy and a formalized success roller.

EDIT IMPORTANT Shikogan - Oh damn, I just realized I made a mistake in your result.  That "+5 to Farming" was supposed to be "+5 to Wind Manipulation" that I never edited.  You'll want to revise your EP spending for it.  Big sorry about that confusion.

MOAR EDIT - List Post done.  I finally added dividing factors, and clarified the actual breeding rates so I don't screw it up again.  Some of you have some partial points in there you can polish off.

penguin - Iituem's idea for the Chibor's self-domestication thing is that it will increase food supply, but also increase "predation" to account for all the cannibalism, the end result being larger supportable populations but slower growth.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:20:27 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2008, 04:52:54 am »

Double post, but I don't care.  Here's my turn, still no NonAnon.  a1s, if you wanted some greater clarification on your turn activity feel free to post again.  Ran out of time to finish, and I won't be done with the turn til tomorrow night.

The Blur's head twitched and shook with the beasts' customary speed, but it did not rise and did not strike.

Hhargllac looked across his council, such as remained of it, and saw the same astonishment he had felt himself when he first saw a Blur remain still.  Generations of caution turned victory to unease, but they could not deny the implication.

we were not wrong all can be controlled do you still deny

Amazement notwithstanding, the Chieftain didn't like being patronized, least of all by a giant callous.  “I never said it was not extraordinary-”

it need not be so will not much longer

“Regardless, the Blur have been little danger since you led my predecessors to their doom to destroy them.  How does this protect us from the sky turning to a raging sea?”

all things do all will change all is all all is all all all all is all change all all

The council writhed themselves under the Seer's heedless assault.  At last the quivering tumor quieted, and Hhargllac could think again.  The winds and floods, known again from ages ago, were closer to his concern.  If the Seers and their mad Great Form wouldn't worry about such temporal affairs then he would have to instead.  However, such tamed predators would protect the other Herds following bloated Seers of their own into the Fungus.  Perhaps they would also be of use against the hulking fish-like predators that had appeared from somewhere over the mountains, disturbing like nothing else from some distant memory-

will change not we attack not not we change not attack know they know change not attack

Hhargllac could not help but know that these creatures were worth investigating as well.  He could not help but do so, as much as he wanted otherwise.  That neither he nor the Seer mentioned which creatures did not matter either...

Spoiler: EP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gantolandon (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

omagaalpha

• Bay Watcher
  • positve infinite
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2008, 07:10:11 am »

Thousand of Millennium has pasts since the time of Omega Alpha went into his slumber  but he final awoke from this slumber. After he awoke he could feel power within him still need time to recharge from long ago using it. He walk from cave and saw the world had change greatly since went into his slumber. His race he had live with was now extinct which sadden him abit but they probably kill themselves actually.
He thought to himself well I guess I should look after another race since my race is dead now.  He saw from mountain which he had climb Nahuantl, Jhair'd, Umgran, Plantwe. In distance he also saw the Ahkarii race.  But what interest him was Umgran can eat to improve their shell but Plantwe have learned art Photosynthesis. He thought who should I visit? Hmmmmm… After choosing Umgran of the race he went to walk to one there colony.  He then introduce himself to them and told them what he can do and proof of his power that had effect an certain tile if they did not believe him.

Spoiler: Comment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 07:07:55 am by omagaalpha »

Gantolandon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2008, 03:37:21 pm »

Taming the Blur was my plan from the beginning, I thought it'd be good to weaken them first.  We might have different ideas on what to do about the Shrike though.

Yes, it seems that Lukut and its priests not always agree. This could be interesting.

I wonder what will happen with the gods when their species become more advanced technologically and mentally? Will their power shrink?

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2008, 05:56:20 pm »

I guess not, since the gods can actually show their presence, so no matter how critical you are, you can't get around the fact that a lava god is watching over your little unimportant self. It probably just depends on how much the god interferes with.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2008, 06:33:31 pm »

With the advent of Orchid Rock's new powers, the popularity of the Storm Cult had begun to rise.  Many were turning to the new faith, seeing Euchre as a starborn god who had traveled to the realm of the Nahuantl to grant them greater power and dominion than ever before.  Entire clans had come together in unity under the banner of the Ape of Skyfires, and now sought to use their new-found powers to convince the others to join them, either by diplomacy, or proving their superiority under the tutelage of the Storm Cult.  This new confederacy of clans would make its capital at Chiloq, fortified by the surrounding mountains and rivers, giving it an advantage should it come under attack.

Spoiler: Actions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: EP spending (click to show/hide)

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2008, 09:15:24 pm »

nah ill leave my EP as is but ill change farming to foraging and cultivation.
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2008, 10:19:53 pm »

With the Nahuantl and their god, Euchre working together, nobody can stop us!  Ha, Ha, Ha!  8)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26