Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419688 times)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
Re: Urist Salvedangers the Dwarven Pol Pot (now with more Armok!)
« Reply #615 on: May 24, 2009, 12:28:48 am »

Goblins besiege Blockedlance!  Urist and her loyalist forces under Lord Dullard are underground in the Temple.  Lord Akigagak fights to the east with his squad, theres another squad of dwarves to the south, and Jazz alone guards the western approach near the temple.  The other rebels are afraid to go near the unholy place, even if it IS sealed.

When the goblins come there are several squads, all of them near Jazz.  While Lord Akigagak and the others fight off one squad, Jazz marches through four entire squads.  All by his lonesome.  He ended up on the far side of the map, on the top of a rocky ledge that jutted out from the base of the mountain.  Blood and guts were all around him as he came out of his trance.

Jazz stood there among the entrails and mangled bodies breathing heavily.  He knew Captain Jack was looking down on him from Heaven, smiling at his triumph!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:55:13 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Nightwind

• Bay Watcher
  • The wind has no destination
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 24, 2009, 12:37:04 am »

Showing up as a possession that decides to not leave.... now that's class.  Indeed it better be cool.
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #617 on: May 24, 2009, 12:50:05 am »

When you're done down there Im digging a shaft from the temple into the pits, then I'm sealing the rebels off from our adamantine, lest that priceless metal be turned into useless trinkets by you heathens!     :D
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #618 on: May 24, 2009, 10:49:51 am »

If Simon Cowell was a dwarf, even he would say 'Splendid'

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #619 on: May 24, 2009, 09:10:46 pm »

Queen Urist was growing more and more paranoid.  She wasnt used to not being in control of her own destiny.  She didnt much want to go outside and see the nauseating sun, but the fact that it wasn't her decision anymore enraged her.  Her spirit kicked wildly, like a beast in a cage.  She felt imprisoned in the grand temple.  Even her own palace wasnt comfortable anymore.

She was acutely aware of her weakness, and began taking every precaution.  One of the heathens that was locked in with them, a dwarf named Eberdek, became Urists personal food taster.  Grigrak, after being murdered in the flooded peasant chamber by a mad dwarf, found his consciousness melding with Eberdek's at the very instant Urist was conferring the title of Royal Food Taster upon her.  Imagine that, having no memories, appearing all of a sudden in front of the Queen telling you shes afraid shes gonna get poisoned so from now on YOU have to eat some of her food first.  Must've been pretty tough for her.

Anyhoo, its Autumn now.  We've just broken through a population of 100!!!  Im so happy!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 24, 2009, 09:18:41 pm »

Lot of Erib Worshipers aren't there?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #621 on: May 24, 2009, 10:45:32 pm »

There were. 

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 25, 2009, 01:05:53 am »

There were. 

And that pretty much sums up the fort of Blockedlance

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 25, 2009, 06:28:11 am »

There were. 

And that pretty much sums up the fort of Blockedlance

I have to say, that is sigworthy.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #624 on: May 25, 2009, 03:03:55 pm »

Well Nightwind, you wanted shell.  I could've predicted this would happen.

Sorry buddy, that was a real quick appearance and then disappearance.  Well...a depressed soon to be dead mayor is no mayor at all.  Grand Master Myth Kediden and  Reg Craftgranite the crippled Eribite Heir plot their next move...

(BTW - That wipes out the last of one of the two large Erib worshipping families.  All thats left now is Reg Craftgranite and his little sister the woodcrafter)

Nightwind

• Bay Watcher
  • The wind has no destination
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 25, 2009, 03:08:47 pm »

Well, I did say the first one without a name that survived the fay mood, lol.

Though that's why I embarked with my food in turtle, and then mostly kept it verboden.

Eh, I'll possess another eventually, maybe?  Yes, indeed, this host was obviously unworthy, too insane, proven by the desire for shell.
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #626 on: May 25, 2009, 03:21:05 pm »

Not much happened for the rest of the year 230.  The two camps settled in and tried to consolidate their positions.

The imprisonement of the Armok worshippers continued.  Kurk Quorcane practiced his harp.  The Dungeon Master tried to make the dwindling supply of fine pewter keep the Duchess's demands fulfilled.  High Priest Kulaka tried to hook up with the High Priestess.  The Queen tried to hook up with the Ducal Heir.  The Duchess kept worrying about her daughter.  Her other daughters kept worrying about where to get the next bag now that they were isolated from the Quarry Bush farms. 

The rebels began living in the newly renovated Barracks/Hospital Tower, for they could not reach the still flooded peasant quarters.  Nor would they sleep there even if Urist decided to turn on the draining mechanism (it's controlled from the temple).  They knew full well that Urist had the power to flood that entire fort without leaving her bloodsoaked unholy place.  Every level from the peasant quarters below was unsafe.  The rebels were forced to live above ground for the most part, under the constant glare of the demon they call 'the sun'.

Urist detested her condition, and chaffed under its yoke.  She prayed every day in the temple to Armok, her holy father.  She begged him to crush her foes.  There was no response....such was the elusive nature of the Gods.

She kept the faith though, and rallied the true believers around their holy goal of Armok's final solution.  The High Priest and Priestess were instrumental in achieving this, slowly bringing the flock into a deeper and deeper understanding of the one they still called 'Ber Steelearthen'.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #627 on: May 25, 2009, 03:24:28 pm »

Well, I did say the first one without a name that survived the fay mood, lol.

Though that's why I embarked with my food in turtle, and then mostly kept it verboden.

Eh, I'll possess another eventually, maybe?  Yes, indeed, this host was obviously unworthy, too insane, proven by the desire for shell.

Sure Ill give you another one.  One guy went fay right after you, but he didnt survive either.  He wanted plant cloth, which I thought I had, but I didnt.  Apparently I used up all the plant cloth I had sewing up some rope reed trousers so my dwarves could cover up their damn balls.

But the next guy that goes insane and lives will be named Nightwing this time.  It was simply fate saying that your dwarves name had to be Nightwing!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #628 on: May 25, 2009, 06:53:15 pm »

I didnt get a caravan all the rest of the year.  Odd.  Ive never not gotten the dwarven caravan before.  Either Letterclose has been destroyed in a siege or maybe all the drownings have scared even the merchants away?

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 26, 2009, 05:45:43 am »

Maybe Armok removed Blockedlance from the universe altogether? Leaving only an unstable gateway to the goblin lands, kept open by the demons?

How's my guy doing anyway?
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 164