Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419659 times)

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #960 on: September 16, 2009, 09:51:09 am »

I always think that demons are far more creepy when they're acting as if they're having tea and biscuits with you, without actually saying anything to do with their actual 'job'.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #961 on: September 16, 2009, 04:20:27 pm »

"Would you like a biscuit?"
"Why thank you. May I have your soul with that?"
"Of course, good sir."
"Jolly good.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 17, 2009, 07:54:57 am »

"One sugar or two?"
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 17, 2009, 01:05:01 pm »

I was imagining a more one sided conversation.
'So, how's your day been, old chap?'
*Incoherent screaming*
'Ah, well, that's true I suppose, tea?'
*Slightly more coherent screaming, now with added rage*
'Well, that's impolite.'
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #964 on: September 17, 2009, 10:00:12 pm »

Is my first badass champion alive again?

Nah, he rotted away in the Valhalla Cave long ago.  But if it makes you feel better, he was given a grand funeral.

Kurk Quarcane played 'Will Ye No Come Back Again?' on some bagpipes.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 18, 2009, 04:48:07 am »

Now, fire my remains into space somehow, to come back in Blockedlance 3!

Soviet Travolta

• Bay Watcher
  • [SMOKEY_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
    • Illustrator Porfolio
« Reply #966 on: September 18, 2009, 05:05:02 am »

Congratulations for this fantastic story! It took me 3 days to read it all, dangerously elongating my coffee breaks to unproductive lenghts, but it was worth it! I've started playing DF a month ago, and for now had only read the tale of Boatmurdered. I found Blockedlance to be as much entertaining. For sure, it will fuel my will to play this game longer to be able to try something of this scale someday.
Of course, i'll humbly request to join the fun if you see fit. You can call that dwarf Soviet Travolta, or just Travolta if you prefer, and give him the role his name fits the best. As long as i end up having my name on a badly horribly scuplted tombstone inside Blockedlance catacombs, i'll be a happy dwarf.

Edit: oh and hi first post o/
I propose a truly dorfy solution: toady should implement a special helmet that (mostly) protects against fall damage, so that the toughest dwarves of the fortress can take the 10-z level jump down, pick and axe in hand, and construct stairs back up to the upper levels.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 18, 2009, 05:35:23 am »

Hello terrifying avatar! And newcomer attached!

You'll fit in just fine.

Soviet Travolta

• Bay Watcher
  • [SMOKEY_BOMBS]
    • View Profile
    • Illustrator Porfolio
« Reply #968 on: September 18, 2009, 06:10:16 am »

Oh yeah, i hope i'll keep this Escaped Lunatic title for quite some time.
I propose a truly dorfy solution: toady should implement a special helmet that (mostly) protects against fall damage, so that the toughest dwarves of the fortress can take the 10-z level jump down, pick and axe in hand, and construct stairs back up to the upper levels.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 18, 2009, 07:11:52 am »

5 to 10 posts and you've joined the masses my friend.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 18, 2009, 10:02:49 am »

I'm still watching this damned bay.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #971 on: September 19, 2009, 12:31:10 am »

Chapter #10 1/2 - A Not As New Dawn

Spring 234 again.

Queen Urist sat in the royal throne room, surrounded by her doting courtiers.  She was totally disoriented.  How did she get here?

"Your majesty?" asked Mogror.

"Huh?" mumbled the Queen.

"You were giving us orders," smiled Mogror nervously.  Had she finally lost it?  Even more? 

"Orders?"

"Yeah you were telling us to go rebuild the roads, and lay the foundation of a great pyramid to celebrate your twenty fifth anniversary as Queen of the Ageless Matched Lashes!"

"No that cant be right...we already did all that!" laughed the Queen.

"Errr..." Mogror looked about nervously. 

There was a long awkward silence.  Urist was confused, so she just went along with it.  "Fine fine...go rebuild the roads.  Build me a pyramid!  Just get out of here!"

"Yes your majesty!" shouted Mogror and the other courtiers.  They rushed out of the room before the psychotic Queen could inflict her wrath upon them.

"What in the blazes is going on?" shouted the Queen into the silent room.  She paced about her palace, and eventually found her way to the Dining Hall where Eberdek was sitting at a table sobbing uncontrollably.  "Eh...what's wrong peasant?"

"Oh...uhhh....your majesty....I uhhh....it's just....these sugar roasts.....I SWEAR I've already eaten these!  I know it!  I can't take it anymore!"

"Pull it together!  You're going to be eating a lot more of those before my feasting is done..." Urist paused.  "Yes...feasting.  Twenty-fifth anniversary....this is 234 again!  I remember this!"

"I'm gonna be sick!" groaned Eberdek as he put his hand to his mouth. 

A guard rushed forward from the doorway of the Dining Hall.  "My Gods!  He's been poisoned your majesty!"

"No...I never got poisoned in 234."  Urist grabbed a sugar roast and bit into it.  "God I love these roasts!"

Urist then made her way to the temple.  There amidst the scent of death she communed with her God and was informed of the great tragedy that had befallen Blockedlance.  The things he said felt almost like memories to her...but not quite.  It was all very vague and dream like.  She couldn't tell what was real, but decided she could of course trust the Blood God. 

When the Elves came in the Spring, she was ready for them, for she had already known they were coming.  The elf horde was slaughtered to an elf, not one drop of blue blood fell on our sweet temple.  It was glorious...but Urist was still depressed to see that the Pyramid hadn't even been started yet.  It was going to be a looooong couple decades before that edifice was complete.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:23:09 am by MrGimp »
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 19, 2009, 12:37:19 am »

Eww, eating gobs and gobs of dwarven caramel. A pitiable existence that suits Eberdek perfectly.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #973 on: September 19, 2009, 01:07:35 am »

Congratulations for this fantastic story! It took me 3 days to read it all, dangerously elongating my coffee breaks to unproductive lenghts, but it was worth it! I've started playing DF a month ago, and for now had only read the tale of Boatmurdered. I found Blockedlance to be as much entertaining. For sure, it will fuel my will to play this game longer to be able to try something of this scale someday.
Of course, i'll humbly request to join the fun if you see fit. You can call that dwarf Soviet Travolta, or just Travolta if you prefer, and give him the role his name fits the best. As long as i end up having my name on a badly horribly scuplted tombstone inside Blockedlance catacombs, i'll be a happy dwarf.

Edit: oh and hi first post o/

Haha thanks dude!

Hmmmm....I think Soviet Travolta would be a good name for the Duke's son.  The once and future Queen's Consort!

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #974 on: September 19, 2009, 01:40:42 am »

Hey I mentioned Will Ye No Come Back Again earlier....check this guy on youtube out (if anyone likes sad Scottish funeral dirges).  He sings it pretty good...he even looks dwarfy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vg5bLOQr1MM

Ahhh, the sad melodies of heartbreaking pain and irreparable loss!  There's nothing I love more than brutally crushed hopes.   :D

Interesting fact -
It was written about an English Prince (Bonnie Prince Charles) that belonged to the Catholic branch of the English royal family (the Stuarts).  His father had his crown revoked.  Charles grew up wanting to seize it back.  He landed in Scotland and took an army of Highlanders to win glory and power.  He failed.  He fled with the help of the Scotsmen and never did come back again.  He eventually died in exile without an heir.  The Scottish people were brutally punished by the new English king.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 164