Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 164

Author Topic: Blockedlance - No More Stops Until Ragnarok!  (Read 419719 times)

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blockedlance - Grave of a Thousand Dwarves
« Reply #1125 on: October 13, 2009, 11:55:17 pm »

It's funny how that works.  I remember after I abandoned my first real fortress (which had LOOOOOOOOOOOTS of stone) how surprised I was at the speed of a new fort.

It's just so gradual.

Moose Fisher

• Bay Watcher
  • [DEBUG ERROR: THIS TEXT DOES NOT EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: October 14, 2009, 12:01:41 am »

As gradual as a glacier, you'll never see it coming.

One of my biggest peeves is coming to an abandoned fort and seeing everything scattered about, the load time between steps is very noticeable on my rig*, thanks to all those scattered items.

*Core2 Quad Q6600
"I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?"
-Elderly Hive Dweller

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1127 on: October 14, 2009, 12:11:13 am »

Yeah.  I want to make some stuff in Blockedlance for adventure mode...but realistically, this fort would be the LAST place youd want to visit in adventure mode.  It'll take all day just to cross the bridge over the lava moat.  And dont even bother trying to get all the way down stairs.   :-\

Is there any computer that has enough beard for this game?
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1128 on: October 14, 2009, 12:58:13 am »

Can I request an archer named Fawful? And can he be an egomaniac who is fanatical about the queen?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 08:07:35 am by Tradanbattlan »

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1129 on: October 14, 2009, 02:09:48 am »

Is there any computer that has enough beard for this game?
There has been some theoretical work on cloning Chuck Norris's beard and transplanting it on a computer but in all reality you would probably also need Mr. T's and possibly Riker's beard as well.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

mythmonster2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: October 14, 2009, 05:19:48 pm »

Psh. You don't even need one hair of Chuck Norris. Even one atom might be too much for the computer to handle.
Personally, I can't wait for doctors to get possessed and start surgically attaching axes to champion soldier's arms.
And neither can I...

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1131 on: October 14, 2009, 07:35:40 pm »

yah, that's the problem really. the computer can't take it and without it there is no hope for it working.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1132 on: October 14, 2009, 08:29:50 pm »

Isn't Chuck Norris making a Windows upgrade?

Windows 97- Chuck Edition
Because everyone knows 97 was the best operating system

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1133 on: October 14, 2009, 09:47:47 pm »

Can I request an archer named Fawful? And can he be an egomaniac who is fanatical about the queen?

I can grant this wish...but your current character will be obliterated.  And then Christes will be alone for 10,000 years in an empty white void.

Up to you.
Thus ends the official written history of the fortress known as Boatmurdered. May their tortured souls rest in peace.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: October 14, 2009, 09:57:09 pm »

You could re-incarnate the pair of them as the next children to be born in the fort.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: October 14, 2009, 09:58:47 pm »

As Urist's children? That would be... ineresting

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1136 on: October 14, 2009, 10:01:36 pm »

Indeed...

But it'll be decades before these two dwarves actually get involved.  Theyre still just 'friends' in game terms.

Other dwarves might have kids sooner than the Queen...but at the moment they all seem too emotionally traumatized to bring new living beings into their sick sad world.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 10:17:06 pm by MrGimp »

MrGimp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • WMP Web Design
« Reply #1137 on: October 14, 2009, 10:15:33 pm »

<complain>

Stupid people with their asinine requests.  Heres my typical potential customer (who never becomes a paying customer)...

"Yeah I want a web page thats like myspace."

"Uhhhh....okaaaay...I'm gonna need a few million dollars to hire a team of developers, and a couple of years to get her done.  But I can do it for ya."

"My budget is $100."

"Oh."

"And I need it by Friday."

"But today is Thursday!"

"Also...I want to get real high on the search rankings.  I need to be the number one social network on google!"

"Well you're only gonna need a couple billion dollars in advertising to do that."

"I can't pay you right now, but that's ok, because I'm going to tell everyone you did my site, and you will get so much business!  You'll be rich!  All because you worked for free!"

"You're a gigantic douchebag."

"Hey I gotta run, I'll be back later to check out the rough drafts you've got for the site.  I want at least three different layouts so that I can choose what I like...but I'm not gonna tell you what I like right now, because I don't really know what I want."

"The door's right over there..."

"Oh and I have other developers working on this too...so if they come up with something I like I'm going to go with them, okay?"

"GET OUT OF HERE!"

</complain>

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1138 on: October 14, 2009, 10:54:37 pm »

If it was not for the Idiots then people would not truly cherish the smart ones. Just remember for every donkeys posterior that you have to put up with is just another person that makes you look better then everyone else.

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #1139 on: October 15, 2009, 12:09:38 am »

Hmm... reincarnation sounds good.
But only if Christes is fine with it
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 164