Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 2192

Author Topic: I like anime, do you like anime?  (Read 2862379 times)

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I like anime, do you like anime?
« Reply #7650 on: May 31, 2011, 02:41:11 pm »

Toradora! ending was disappointing. It wasn't the ending I needed/desired.
If the manga does it any better...?

It's still going to be the first manga-series I'll order.
I just need to figure out where the best place to order them is...

Anyway, time to look for something new...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7651 on: May 31, 2011, 02:42:03 pm »

There are Umineko guide books for the games?!  Why?!  How difficult is to press the mouse button to read more words?!

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7652 on: May 31, 2011, 02:58:31 pm »

Why would you do that?
Putting the real ending after the closing credits.
That's just cruel!

If it weren't for wikipedia, I'd have never found out.

Well, now I have something like the ending I desired...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7653 on: May 31, 2011, 03:21:27 pm »

Somebody doesn't watch their OPs and EDs.

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7654 on: May 31, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »

Not my fault the changed the themes to be shit at the end of the series :/
Loved the first ones.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7655 on: May 31, 2011, 03:56:09 pm »

So whats up with bleach all of a sudden, they killed most of the story quality leaving only occasional awesome battle scenes to be enjoyed, and now they are even taking that stuff away, i mean, a battle between two Kenpachi's lasted only one episode (not even that long), like what the fuck dude, one of the most fun characthers to watch fight gets a battle sequence of three minutes.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7656 on: May 31, 2011, 04:57:18 pm »

Bleach was in Hueco Mundo too long, and I got tired of it and stopped watching. Which is quite sad. I want to catch up again, but there are way to many episodes and it's not good enough to devote more time to.

Anyways, has anyone here watched King of Thorn? Any comments on it? (Haven't watched it yet but I likely am tomorrow.)
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7657 on: May 31, 2011, 08:27:19 pm »

I finished game 5 of Higurashi, titled Meakashi.

Onwards to game 6 of Higurashi, titled Tsumihoroboshi!
I'm guessing it's spelled 罪滅ぼし and that means 'atonement'.  This can't be good.

Hoping for the best here still.  Every game so far has been damn disastrous.

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7658 on: May 31, 2011, 11:09:08 pm »

Sounds neat. I've only seen the anime, but the visual novel probably pulls off a lot of things better, because of DEEN and all. Not to mention the addition of an entire anime arc because they couldn't fit all the info they wanted to in the previous anime arcs.

I don't know if I can read all of Higurashi though, I didn't finish Umineko.

As far as visual novels go, I've only read:
-Planetarian = ;_;
-Ever17 = I almost dropped it until people kept pushing me to go for the true end. Was sort of worth it.
-9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors = Ever17 v2. I honestly like the characters in 999 better than in Ever 17, but the much shorter length makes it difficult to really go in depth with any of them. The benefit it has over Ever17 is being kickass the whole way though, through all routes. But really, once you've read Ever17, you've basically read 999.
-Narcissu
-True Remembrance

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7659 on: June 01, 2011, 03:00:53 am »

They ever show what the "Games without Keiichi" are like?

I only know they hint that they are in fact the "worst" ones. I can only guess it is because Keiichi is some sort of healing influence and without him the other girls are just held back by their loss creating a lonely and depressing atmosphere or something.

Acanthus117

• Bay Watcher
  • Angry Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7660 on: June 01, 2011, 06:57:55 am »

Okay, I don't know what to think about HSOTD.

I mean, in episode 4 it's this introspective monologue of the main character as he reviews on how he and his buddies had to change so goddamn fast to survive and shit.

There was this scene where Takashi and Rei (sorry, not our favorite blue-haired Eldritch Abomination) were riding a motorbike through the empty city and this haunting opera was playing and I was thinking 'goddamn.'

Also, teacher dude is giving me the creeps big time.

Better yet, it's realistic with its weapons (gun safety, weight, whatnot) and I can sympathize with some of the characters.

But there are still too many boobs!

I am torn.

D: D: D:
Is apparently a Lizardman. ಠ_ಠ
YOU DOUBLE PENIS
"The pessimist is either always right or pleasantly surprised; he cherishes that which is good because he knows it cannot last."

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7661 on: June 01, 2011, 12:58:47 pm »

Too many boobs?
How is that even possible? I can't wrap my mind around it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7662 on: June 01, 2011, 03:25:24 pm »

Sounds neat. I've only seen the anime, but the visual novel probably pulls off a lot of things better, because of DEEN and all. Not to mention the addition of an entire anime arc because they couldn't fit all the info they wanted to in the previous anime arcs.

I don't know if I can read all of Higurashi though, I didn't finish Umineko.
The visual novels are a way more enjoyable, but they're a larger time sink.  At least for me anyway.  Although I admit I read the VNs first before watching the anime adaption so I'm clearly biased.  Two things that HAVE to be true though is that the emotional scenes are way more emotional and also that you can also feel so much more sympathy for characters.  You see everything they're thinking or showing and people show A LOT.  For example, seeing the thoughts Shion had through all of Meakashi was crazy and very sad.  I'm on arc three in the anime for Higurashi and they have cut a lot of scenes too.  Although time management is required I guess.

One VN game = 15 hours probably?  One arc from the anime would be around 60 or 80 minutes I guess.  Most seem to be three or four episodes anyway.

I guess the only thing faltering the VNs are the stimuli you receive from it, the most graphical thing you'll be getting are photo backgrounds and cheap sprite animations.  I think everything else is way better though.  They really are sound novels.

Also, what you couldn't finish the Uminkeo VN?!  How far did you get?  You have to at least get past episode 4 so you can see what's after the damn anime.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7663 on: June 01, 2011, 04:04:55 pm »

Too many boobs?
How is that even possible? I can't wrap my mind around it.
When there are entire episodes devoted to boobs, then there are too many.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7664 on: June 01, 2011, 04:09:06 pm »

I guess the only thing faltering the VNs are the stimuli you receive from it, the most graphical thing you'll be getting are photo backgrounds and cheap sprite animations

I've seen visual novels with GOOD animations. The Suikeoden Visual novels had one at the start.

Mind you... those are few and far between. Mostly because Visual novels are a money saving enterprise.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2011, 04:16:02 pm by Neonivek »
Pages: 1 ... 509 510 [511] 512 513 ... 2192