Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14

Author Topic: Mafia Game - The end  (Read 32095 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game - Day 1!!
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2009, 02:07:17 am »

A charismatic man stepped into the town square, who was for some reason wearing a tuxedo. The man was well known for claiming to have been a popular and successful politician in a previous life.

"We need an excellent leader in these times," he said. "I am that leader. As for my suspect for ninja, I choose nobody because we have no leads. And striking first and asking questions later is a ninja-like strategy."

If you are wish to be daimyo, I support you.
You were the liberal leader in the other mafia/conservative vs liberal game, and you managed to not die.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2009, 02:49:59 am »

My clansmen, rally behind me as the rightful leader! As Daimyo, I shall lead us through these trying times!

Witness upon my head, the TOP HAT OF LEGITIMACY AND THE MONOCLE OF WISDOM. Truly, such artifacts prove my fitness to rule beyond doubt.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2009, 04:05:02 am »

I shall also vote nobody as there isn't a single player who has aroused my sucpicions yet.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2009, 04:16:58 am »

A charismatic man stepped into the town square, who was for some reason wearing a tuxedo. The man was well known for claiming to have been a popular and successful politician in a previous life.

"We need an excellent leader in these times," he said. "I am that leader. As for my suspect for ninja, I choose nobody because we have no leads. And striking first and asking questions later is a ninja-like strategy."

If you actually showed some leadership and voted then I would happily support you for Daimyo. As it is your stance is horribly pro-ninja.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2009, 04:19:55 am »

I cast my vote however necessary such that a majority cannot be formed for any one lynching, if this is possible.

As your just and kind future Daimyo, I say we must not make these dishonorable dogs' efforts any easier than they have been!
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 04, 2009, 04:34:34 am »

I cast my vote however necessary such that a majority cannot be formed for any one lynching, if this is possible.

And by doing so you allow them to hide under the shadow of not voting. The only ones who know who these despicable ninja are are the ninja themselves. The only way we will find them is through their actions betraying them. Allowing then to hide among you aids their cause and allows them a free night to work their evil. Discuss or vote, ideally do both, you can change your mind but we must not let them hide.
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 04, 2009, 06:40:16 am »

Whilst allowing the ninja to murder simply for the purpose of gathering evidence is a horrible thought, it would appear that we have no choice. I do not believe anyone should be executed.
Indeed, I believe that anyone who is voting, should be regarded with healthy suspicion, for they may be ninja attempting to lessen our numbers without exposing themselves.

Heh, ninjas.
Also, I say WorkerDrone should be Daimyo. Not for any reason except the idea of a dancing mayor.
Hee-hee.
Long Live United Forenia!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 04, 2009, 07:08:34 am »

I believe that anyone who is voting, should be regarded with healthy suspicion, for they may be ninja attempting to lessen our numbers without exposing themselves.

Voting is one of two ways a ninja can expose themself, the other being if our Kensai, assuming we have one, investigates them. A no vote can only aid them and they will get to kill us during the night without exposure in the day. The only sensible conclusion is that all those no-voting are certainly the first people I count as possible ninja.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 04, 2009, 08:59:28 am »

Shades, whilst I see what you are saying, I happen to know I am innocent of these crimes. As such, I stand by my argument, but in addition turn the spotlight of question at you. You advocate the execution of people at random so fiercely I cannot help but wonder if you are a ninja?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 04, 2009, 09:16:47 am »

If you are wish to be daimyo, I support you.
You were the liberal leader in the other mafia/conservative vs liberal game, and you managed to not die.
That's a really flawed reason to vote for someone.  After all, circumstances may not be the same. 

And a vote for no one only helps the ninjas.  And since everyone seems to be voting for no one, you all must be ninjas.  Therefore I change my vote to everyone
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 09:24:09 am by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2009, 09:26:47 am »

Seriously, I don't see the logic behind 'a vote for noone helps the ninjas'
There are more innocent people than ninjas; therefore random execution will on average aid the ninjas. Where is the loophole in this?

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 04, 2009, 09:30:14 am »

Shades, whilst I see what you are saying, I happen to know I am innocent of these crimes. As such, I stand by my argument, but in addition turn the spotlight of question at you. You advocate the execution of people at random so fiercely I cannot help but wonder if you are a ninja?

I can only state that I'm not I can't prove it any more than you can. But if you believe I am please vote for me, I would prefer that than you not voting. At least it stops those ninja hiding and will force them to either vote or comment rather than hiding in the shadows. We must find out who they are and the only way to do that is with information, if my life is the price of getting that then so then so be it.

The logic for voting is that how people vote, defend themselves and counter vote tells us a lot more than some random night kill will. The night kills are always going to be town not ninja and so our only weapon against them is the lynch. Depriving us of that this first day will leave us with the same information on day two but with one less town to help out. A no-vote is (almost) always bad.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2009, 09:47:38 am »

WorkerDrone does the worm. "Are you not entertained?!" WorkerDrone then procedes to do the robot. "Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto."

I have to say, Alexhans is fairly fast to promote himself as Daimyo...

Man... I'm tired of penguinofhonor having always the executive power... I have dreams too... :'(

And I speak from my heart when I say that I will make everything necessary to save our town and get rid of the ninjas...  Penguin is only in a selfish ego crusade... He will leave as soon as offered a position in the emperors palace, he just wants to ascend in political life.

I'll change mine to Alexhans. He doesn't have a tuxedo.

That is not the dress code of my country... you insult me...

Seriously, I don't see the logic behind 'a vote for noone helps the ninjas'
There are more innocent people than ninjas; therefore random execution will on average aid the ninjas. Where is the loophole in this?

while inaction may make us seem weak, we should not make rushed desitions based on stupid arguments.  We can, however, oblige everyone to participate enough as to start getting a feeling of their real purposes.

ALEXHANS FOR DAIMYO

You won't regret it. 
And if you don't like what I do, I will not run for Daimyo next time.  What we DONT need is a Dictatorship from penguin.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2009, 04:02:10 pm »

Is the mayoral thing a secret ballot?

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #59 on: February 04, 2009, 04:09:45 pm »

Yes it is.  You have to pm the mod with your vote...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14