Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: National LCS  (Read 17481 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
National LCS
« on: February 11, 2009, 10:11:42 pm »

I've given some thought to the idea of the Liberal Crime Squad spanning multiple cities instead of being centered as an action in just one place. It occurs to me that it would not be hard to support multiple cities with minimal variation on the existing gameplay. Right now, when you choose to go forth, you must first select which part of the city you want to take action in. There is no reason this could not be extended to choosing which city to take action in. Selecting an action in another city could require car travel, or air travel, your choice; both would cost money, depending on the mode of transportation, and take a variable amount of time to reach the destination and return from it. Potential safehouses could exist in any number of cities. Some cities might lean more in one direction or another, and therefore have different concentrations of Liberals and Conservatives. Different cities could have separate heat tracking; hiding in a city with no LCS activity might throw off the police. Different cities might have different local sites as well. Washington DC in particular could have special locations and special actions associated with it.

Your thoughts?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: National LCS
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2009, 10:33:00 pm »

It'd complicate some things; e.g., CCS reaction and accessibility. They'd be harder to to find and root out, which isn't a bad thing, in point of fact. You'd have to track down and purge the infection, such as it were. Sleepers would need watered down too since the scope would be increased.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2009, 10:37:41 pm »

I think it would be really cool to expand the game in that way, in fact it makes opportunity's for more diverse crime squads to show up. Like possibly running into an independent LCS that formed a city or two away and possibly joining forces or becoming rivals due to different ideals.

But that would also require the LCS you form to be more customizable I guess.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:39:25 pm »

LOVE
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 01:27:14 am »

Would the people you could recruit change according to city as well? More hippies in San Francisco? More college students in Boston? Etc?
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 08:11:23 am »

Implement this however you like, I will LOVE it!

Did anyone else just hear Angels singing?

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 12:24:57 pm »

yes!
but we ned some way of seting the number of citys.
maybe member in a diffent city can have set oders telling them what to or not do i.e.
rise funds and low level acts(in this seting that sent you some money every month)
hide(thay go in to hideing as best thay can)
build up suppeys( from set a list of items note that some states a loseer gun laws)
no limts(they can do any thing the CCS can)
move to X(can be given to any one thats not a sleeper)

when moveing a cross state lines you can get stoped by the police for:
gunrunning
drugrunning
speeding( can happen to any one)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 12:49:26 pm »

Did anyone else just hear Angels singing?

I do!  I do!
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

kotor39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 04:49:07 pm »

Love the idea.
Also Funk's idead is pretty good, i would love it

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2009, 05:23:59 pm »

Actually, I am against the National LCS, but for a different reason. If there is a politics arc or a Citizens' Groups/diplomacy arc, the game could say they are located in a far off city, far off from where the main LCS is based. Basically provide flavor.

If you get a National LCS, where you actually can go to different places, it would complicate this idea to add flavor.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 03:16:59 am »

If you do this, then I think having a higher recruitment cap might be in order, since it would take more people to influence the issues.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 12:24:09 pm »

One small step for moddability...

Although efforts to oopify and make moddable LCS remain slow going, this morning at approximately 7:00 AM GMT-7 the first prototype of using configuration files to design site maps outside of the game in text files was deemed successful and implemented fully into LCS, replacing the current map generation code. Some cleanup remains before the first commit to SVN, but the promising progress in this area gives hope that site data may follow shortly. Leading experts in the field consider moddable site data to be a prerequisite for the National LCS proposal.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 12:54:50 pm »

YAY. The first step in making LGS, Liberal Greek Squad, in which you lead a party of liberal greek warriors into the labyrinth to destroy the conservative no sex before marriage minotaur.

Personally, I think the cities are great, especially if certain issues are harder in some cities and easier in others, just with different value changes for each one. For instance, in LA its easy to influence gay marriage, essentially almost every action you do boosts it, but it is already at elite liberal levels and each action only does a very small change, even if it gets down to arch conservative. On the other hand, Houston is incredibly against gay marriage, starts arch conservative in it, and only influencing a jury trying a case against gay marriage,which would be rare but not impossibly so, would influence it, but every time its influenced it gets a fairly big push towards liberalism.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 02:29:11 pm »

One small step for moddability...

Although efforts to oopify and make moddable LCS remain slow going, this morning at approximately 7:00 AM GMT-7 the first prototype of using configuration files to design site maps outside of the game in text files was deemed successful and implemented fully into LCS, replacing the current map generation code. Some cleanup remains before the first commit to SVN, but the promising progress in this area gives hope that site data may follow shortly. Leading experts in the field consider moddable site data to be a prerequisite for the National LCS proposal.
Does that mean that appartment complexes will cease to be penis shaped?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 02:57:48 pm »

That's kinda creepy if you think of how they look after all the rooms have been opened and explored....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7