Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you like me to make a new edition of Bajo Flores mafia?

Yes, I'll play!
I don't care, I won't play.
Yes! I'll play and be very active
Yes but I want to suggest some changes like...
No.  It looks boring.
Can't hurt.  Maybe I'll play.
Bajo what?
Only if it starts when there are less ongoing mafias

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: MAFIA: Bajo Flores druglords (FOREVER NIGHT) (NEW POLL: Vote now)  (Read 27214 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MAFIA: Bajo Flores druglords (DAY 1)
« Reply #75 on: February 25, 2009, 09:48:31 pm »

Actually, I made 2 posts. 3 if you count this one. More if you count the pre game.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 25, 2009, 09:50:30 pm »

Oh, you're right.  Sorry about that.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 25, 2009, 09:53:55 pm »

I vote No Lynch. Wait until the kills happen, good roles do their thing, and see what the clues are.
Explain yourself, Cheeetar! Why wait, if that will get us killed in the long run? Why not take the chance, instead of waiting until we're at knife point to choose? If we're going to win, we're going to have to make a choice.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 25, 2009, 11:48:40 pm »

I vote No Lynch. Wait until the kills happen, good roles do their thing, and see what the clues are.
Explain yourself, Cheeetar! Why wait, if that will get us killed in the long run? Why not take the chance, instead of waiting until we're at knife point to choose? If we're going to win, we're going to have to make a choice.
Well, most of the times I have played mafia the good guys will investigate each other, team up, and win the game. I've changed my mind about this tactic though, as there are much more roles, and lynching will be more important. I don't know who to vote for though, so I shall just unvote.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 25, 2009, 11:52:59 pm »

Yes, the nukewagon seems to be a bad idea. Hrmm, that gives me a great idea.
*imagines a dwarven wagon filled with nukes* Now how would I mod this into my game?

Anyway I will abstain from voting.
Another one-poster. We need more talking and less abstaining! If you abstain, you're un-American helping the Mafia! All of you. We can't win by sitting back and relaxing until someone ends these villains. Get up! Talk! All of you! If you have to find reason someone could possibly be Mafia! Heck, choose me! At least then there will be information to be learned!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2009, 05:47:32 am »

*imagines a dwarven wagon filled with nukes* Now how would I mod this into my game?

Another one-poster. We need more talking and less abstaining! If you abstain, you're un-American helping the Mafia! All of you. We can't win by sitting back and relaxing until someone ends these villains. Get up! Talk! All of you! If you have to find reason someone could possibly be Mafia! Heck, choose me! At least then there will be information to be learned!
Asking people to kill you for information is really quite a scummy thing to do.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2009, 06:21:34 am »

Vote Count #1 With 13 people alive it takes 7 votes to lynch!
NUKE9.13 - (2) a1s, Org.
No Lynch - (1) Cheetar.
a) I'm pretty sure LASD is with us.
b) could you not use black, it's pretty hard to read.

No, he unvoted here.
Inalucts an elf mafia guy! Strifes RPG Thread is proof!

I vote Nuke
Though I didn't have that much of a case against NUKE either, hopping in the bandwagon without giving any reason is suspicious. I point my FoS at Org and unvote as I don't want any accidents happening.

No problem.  What color would you like? It's blue OK?

Also, is this card-flip or not?

Cops, Journalists, Doctors and rich men are the only ones that show upon death.

I also wan't to clarify something:  the only votes that count are when you
a) vote player
b) vote Nolynch

if any vote reaches the necessary count (7 actually) the player will be lynched or there won't be a lynch and we'll proceed to the night.  If a deadline is set when it comes the player with most votes will be lynched (unless there's a nolynch mayority of votes).
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2009, 06:21:53 am »

Vote Count #2° With 13° alive it takes 7° to lynch!
NUKE9.13 - (1) a1s,
Org - (2) webadict, penguinofhonor.
No Lynch - (0)

Not Voting: (10) Org, Cheetar, A_Fey_Dwarf, Flintus10, Inaluct, Karlito, LASD, NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, Zaithemaster.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2009, 04:55:36 am by Alexhans »

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2009, 06:24:07 am »

So, nobody is going to vote, and someguy is going to die with one person against? There isn't much conversation going around.
I've played some mafia.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2009, 08:29:10 am »

I have to agree with webadict, this by the way, is the reason why in live games they almost always lynch on the first night, even though it seems detrimental at a glance.

P.S. not to be anal, but you didn't cast any votes yet, panda, and can't unvote. you can however abstain.

Actually, I was the second one to choose to abstain or vote no-lynch; I don't remember which.

However, I'm withdrawing the (non?) vote that had been to that effect and am now hovering to see who's most suspicious.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2009, 09:31:24 am »

NUKE9.13 - (1) a1s,
No Lynch - (0)

Not Voting: Org, Cheetar, A_Fey_Dwarf, Flintus10, Inaluct, Karlito, LASD, NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, penguinofhonor, webadict, Zaithemaster.

I actually voted for Org, and never unvoted. Nor will I proceed to less someone gives me some reason not to.

Asking people to kill you for information is really quite a scummy thing to do.
I was merely giving them an option, because choosing No Lynch is the worst move we can make right now. That means we all sit back with our hands in our pockets, until someone gets killed. The only possible way that could help us is that someone gets lucky and finds a Mafia during the night, which is probably going to be wasted on me anyhow, given my long speeches.

I was suggesting that we lynch someone based on logical analysis. I suggest taking out the ones who stay quiet.
Can somebody do a post count on people before this point?
This is count is up to this post, inclusive.
Code: [Select]
- Org 5
- Inaluct 2
- Zaithemaster 2
- Karlito 4
- A_Fey_Dwarf 1
- webadict 8
- penguinofhonor 1
- Pandarsenic 3
- Cheeetar 1
- Flintus10 1
- a1s 7
- LASD 3
- NUKE9.13 3
Inaluct
Zaithemaster
A_Fey_Dwarf
penguinofhonor
Cheeetar
Flintus10

These are all likely suspects. They post once or twice to create some kind of activity, then leave to avoid suspicion. We lynch them and we have a best, bad, and worst case scenario. Best: We lynch a Mafia member. Bad: We lynch a non-playing Townie. Worst: We lynch a hiding power role. Sitting down and watching isn't helping, and I'm going to base a lot of facts based on what I know of people from other games.

Pandarsenic usually tries to rally the group into discussion while playing, but has yet to really do anything about it.
penguinofhonor and A_Fey_Dwarf usually posts more than once. A_Fey_Dwarf usually hides when he is Mafia.
Cheeetar usually talks a lot more.
Flintus10... doesn't talk in order not to get killed First Night.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2009, 09:44:21 am »

NUKE9.13 - (1) a1s,
No Lynch - (0)

Not Voting: Org, Cheetar, A_Fey_Dwarf, Flintus10, Inaluct, Karlito, LASD, NUKE9.13, Pandarsenic, penguinofhonor, webadict, Zaithemaster.

I actually voted for Org, and never unvoted. Nor will I proceed to less someone gives me some reason not to.

Noted.  I already fixed it.  I guess I'm used to seeing the Vote Playername separated and not just playername in the middle of a sentence.  I'll be more attentive.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2009, 03:06:27 pm »

Penguin also voted org.

Well, time to utilise statistics, which states that there are shitloads of bad guys, and pick-a-lynchee.
Org suffers from webadict. But webadict appears to be wise in the ways of mafia, whilst, no offence, org seems to be fumbling. Nevertheless, I am forced to bandwagon against org. Forced as in, it would be bad if no lynch won, and org has a few people against him already, and a bit of evidence against him. The odds of him actually being mafia are slightly more than 5/13, with a possible 6/13 if there is a serial killer; the price is one man's life; the prize multiple peoples lives plus information, booby prize is just information. Sounds like a good bet to me.
Long Live United Forenia!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2009, 04:09:09 pm »

I was wondering, if it takes 7 circles to lynch, how is nonlynch different from just not casting a vote?
Also, what happens when there are several pro lynch votes, none of which reaches the quorum? ( F.E.: person1:6 votes, person2:4 votes, nonlynch: 3 votes) will no one be lynched?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2009, 04:49:28 pm »

Penguin also voted org.

Well, time to utilise statistics, which states that there are shitloads of bad guys, and pick-a-lynchee.
Org suffers from webadict. But webadict appears to be wise in the ways of mafia, whilst, no offence, org seems to be fumbling. Nevertheless, I am forced to bandwagon against org. Forced as in, it would be bad if no lynch won, and org has a few people against him already, and a bit of evidence against him. The odds of him actually being mafia are slightly more than 5/13, with a possible 6/13 if there is a serial killer; the price is one man's life; the prize multiple peoples lives plus information, booby prize is just information. Sounds like a good bet to me.
What evidence? It actually points to someone else, like Cheetar, for his inactivity. And to webadict:why vote me if you think other people seem more suspicious?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16