Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777754 times)

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The problem with C&D and DR is that they force you to work more to manage your cloak, and any time you're managing your cloak you aren't, say, sapping a sentry as a demoman or pyro rounds the corner or backstabbing a medic.

Pretty much. I always get more done when I'm using the regular watch. Got into the bad habit of using the C&D for awhile. You start taking the cloak for granted and sit around too much waiting for times to strike instead of actually doing so. Switching back to the regular watch after that was the most refreshing time as spy I've ever had.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

The cloak and dagger is pretty useful, and the dead ringer is awesome... if you can actually master it. That thing is a totally different playstyle.

The ambassador on the other hand is the only pistol I ever consider using. It's the fastest way to take out snipers with the razorback. Just headshot, then finish them off: they will have only 5 hp if they were at max.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The ambassador on the other hand is the only pistol I ever consider using. It's the fastest way to take out snipers with the razorback. Just headshot, then finish them off: they will have only 5 hp if they were at max.

I don't remember... did they switch it to a full crit? It was three shots Ambassador or not last time I remember bothering.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Ambassador always seemed too weak to me.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

I don't remember... did they switch it to a full crit? It was three shots Ambassador or not last time I remember bothering.
The ambassador never crits normally, and it has reduced damage. But headshots always deal exactly 120 damage.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile

Ambassador used to be Weak , 5 head shots to kill a scout and 4 revolver shots to kill a scout , it was last time , now the Ambassador is furfaggotivly overpowered , you'll be taking down medic-heavy combos in seconds with that

returntonull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ambassador used to be Weak , 5 head shots to kill a scout and 4 revolver shots to kill a scout , it was last time , now the Ambassador is furfaggotivly overpowered , you'll be taking down medic-heavy combos in seconds with that

I had one when it was using the bounding box for hits. >:D

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

The ambassador depends on your aim, to be honest. I use the regular revolver as I don't want to be bothered to aim with the spy. But I know some snipers who use ambassador as a spy and damn. It's headshot after headshot.

I like the DR more than the other cloaks and I use it fairly well... On average, I activate it 3 to 4 times per life and keep a higher than 1:1 K/d ratio. I can't say the same about the soldier or heavy, sadly. My sucky classes. I do have good days with them, but then again, who doesn't have a good day with a random class?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile

The ambassador never crits normally, and it has reduced damage. But headshots always deal exactly 120 damage.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile

I play TF2.
I like the Demoman.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I play TF2.
I like the Demoman.
*Booooo*

*Hisss*

*Phooey*

*rotten tomato throwing*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

Ya know you think the penguins would get along better.  I mean they went to war in the mobile battlefortress together.  But here one is throwing tomatoes at another just because he likes the demoman.

MAGGOTS! *throws tomato at Org*
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile

Right after the War! update, I began using Demoman (I had an hour or so playing it before the War!) and got pretty good with it using Targe and Eyelander (but who didn't with those two, really?), but I mostly used the 'Nade launcher. I got good with it, and not really in a "spamoman" (I'd not heard that term until someone mentioned it in this thread a week or two ago around the time of the pyro de/buff update) type of way. But then I took a break from TF2 for a while, and I'm not so good with it anymore. So meh.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

The thing with Ambassador is it's not as good for a few things I like:

Damaging someone as I check which ways will make good exits if I'm caught (i.e. which ways don't lead to other enemies, that is) because I have to line up a shot to have a decent chance of killing.
Eliminating buildings from a distance (or damaging them to force the engie to stay on them)
Killing people (at most ranges, unless you manage to snipe from where they can't see you, being able to pump out boolit after boolit gives you better dps than the Ambassador ever since they removed the thing where it can still get crits even if it isn't at full accuracy, as long as it hits the head).
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 774