Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781312 times)

Red Fortune

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALWAYS_CONFUSED]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack on the way "Oohh, run, run, I'm coming for you!"
« Reply #4650 on: September 20, 2010, 07:02:19 pm »

Heh, thanks guys, just had 2 hours of fun randomly killi- oh wait my K:D is like 0.66:1 haha.

At least I'm better than the nooby pyros.
"These humans only worship one god. Can you believe it?"
"Man, if I had to decide between the god of magma and the god of rubies, I just don't think I could handle it."

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Polycount Pack on the way "Oohh, run, run, I'm coming for you!"
« Reply #4651 on: September 20, 2010, 07:31:02 pm »

Remembered what I was going to post. I think.

Respawn of the Dead
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: September 20, 2010, 08:11:13 pm »

Heh, thanks guys, just had 2 hours of fun randomly killi- oh wait my K:D is like 0.66:1 haha.

Hey, just remember: For every guy with a 2:1 K/D, there's one guy with a 1:2 K/D. Half of all players have a K/D less than 1.  ;)

(Yes, I know that's not entirely how statistics work for massed groups. And, since I hate statistics, I don't care.  :P)

If you're looking for a good, easy class, try Heavy. Especially on larger (read: target-rich) environments, it's not too hard to rack up a decent K/D and be the lynchpin of your team. Just don't panic if you get Ubered - instead, run out there and make some people BABIES RUUUUUN!!

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: September 20, 2010, 08:46:14 pm »

A good rule of thumb is Minigun for close quaters, shotgun for far.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: September 20, 2010, 08:52:25 pm »

A good rule of thumb is Minigun for close quaters, shotgun for far.
Better rule... Minigun once in a proper position, shotgun for mobility especially when you are caught in an open area.
 Try to avoid any engagements besides close quarters unless your team has a good mobile spearhead going.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: September 21, 2010, 01:11:39 am »

My strategy: Natascha at all ranges. Either you do a bunch of damage and kill them or slow them down and piss them the fuck off.

Win-win. Plus it leave room for sandvich.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: September 21, 2010, 02:15:06 am »

My strategy: Natascha at all ranges. Either you do a bunch of damage and kill them or slow them down and piss them the fuck off.

Agreed. The recent Sandvich nerf (30-something seconds between lunch breaks  :o) was a pain, but Valve also boosted the Heavy's mobility while using the Miniguns - faster wind-up/wind-down, and slightly higher speed while wound up. So, true, there's less reason to take the Sandvich, but also less need for the shotgun as a 'mobile weapon'.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4657 on: September 21, 2010, 03:01:49 am »

Now, I am not a pro player. I am not even a good player. But I am pretty sure that sticking to one build for any class- especially heavy (and sniper) is just asking for trouble. I tend to switch between natascha/minigun and sandwich/shotgun several times over the course of a match- basically every time I die, I think, hmm, should I being using this build? Natascha is better for defending or attacking open spaces, but useless for assaulting sentry nests/carts/CPs, so switch to minigun. Sandwich is great if you can use it, eg if your team is pushing forwards/ in a stalemate, but useless if you have a medic buddy, pushing da kart, or being relentlessly assaulted- better to use a shotgun for mobile destructive power.
The point is, no one heavy weapon is better than all the others (apart from the bar- the bar sucks)

This may be a stupid question, but have you checked your mouse sensitivity? The default is really low, something I didn't realise for the first few months I owned the game. Raising it drastically increased my average K:D- to above 1, even.
Long Live United Forenia!

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: September 21, 2010, 10:32:08 am »

I think the thing with natascha is that anyone who uses it is called a noob. But actually, I find Natascha to be a great team oriented weapon. If your team works well together, the natascha can give an extra ooomph by almost holding still opponents, specially for your soldiers and demos. But there's also the fact that it will practically stop charging and fleeing opponents, so if your enemies are doing hit&run tactics the natascha can be a great weapon. The pyro wont be able to get to you, the scout wont be able to flee and so on.

I wouldn't recommend between natascha/minigun based on your open spaceness, but more based on team work. If you're a pocket heavy or have a good medic on the team that's constantly giving you attention, go for the minigun. If on the other hand, your team sticks together and have a good deal of soldiers and demos but not much in terms of medics and pesky classes like scouts and spies, go for natascha. Scouts and spies are great classes for creating diversions and spreading the enemy team around, since they go around them most of the time, when you don't have that, the enemies tend to be a big more coherent and at that point, you can natascha them to kill their mobility, which means they're easy picking for soldiers/demo.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4659 on: September 21, 2010, 11:16:51 am »

Natascha also works really, really well alongside Sasha. If you ever find yourself fighting alongside another heavy, switch over. The slowdown of Natascha coupled with the raw DPS of Sasha can hold off an entire team if used well.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: September 21, 2010, 12:24:00 pm »

Natascha is hated because it's an obnoxious, irritating weapon.

Also, Respawn of the Dead is amazing.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4661 on: September 21, 2010, 12:39:23 pm »

I use natascha. It makes me more of a "support heavy" than a "main heavy", but I like being annoying, even at long range.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4662 on: September 21, 2010, 12:40:06 pm »

What is respawn of the dead?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: September 21, 2010, 01:05:09 pm »

This:

Respawn of the Dead
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

HonkyPunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: September 22, 2010, 06:02:01 am »

This:

Respawn of the Dead
I spent an hour or so reading this, only to see "Continue to part two."
 :-\
nobody of great interest

i have a crap tumblr page. i usually post art but my scanner is down. http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heygofuckadog
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 774