Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781539 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "NEMESIS KICK!"
« Reply #4771 on: October 02, 2010, 07:29:17 pm »

What exactly are duels?
It's an item, you can use it in your backpack or equip it to your action slot (this also goes for presents) and press the action button. In the case of duels, you select one person to duel. If they accept the duel request, one use of the "Duel" item is expended and you get duel symbols over eachother's heads. Then it adds one point to each of your duel scores for kills/assists against your dueling opponent, and the one with the most duel points at the end of the duel wins.

This factors into the duel medal I was talking about earlier- it gets a level every 10 wins, and upgrades every 250 wins (25 levels). It goes up to level 100, or 1000 wins. Which is crazy even with duels costing 20 cents apiece (you buy them in packs of five only). Duels and be dropped randomly, but that's one at a time.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: October 02, 2010, 07:34:05 pm »

I would have rather have a TF3 than this since valve is simply trying to milk more money off TF2 .
Hello Hunam

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: October 02, 2010, 07:38:49 pm »

I would have rather have a TF3 than this since valve is simply trying to milk more money off TF2 .
Yeah, they're selling the game for half off and you're not even required to buy anything at the store!  What a sham.

Schilcote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: October 02, 2010, 08:34:15 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfrslBAIM4
Pills!

Annoying sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OB_57hQ_R5Y&feature=related

Yeah, they're selling the game for half off and you're not even required to buy anything at the store!  What a sham.

CAPITALISM ASSHOLES
YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN GO TO CUBA

But seriously, there's absolutely nothing wrong with optional paid DLC. I mean, think of all the free stuff we get from Valve. It's only right that they get a few extra bucks off of it.
WHY DID YOU HAVE ME KICK THEM WTF I DID NOT WANT TO BE SHOT AT.
I dunno, you guys have survived Thomas the tank engine, golems, zombies, nuclear explosions, laser whales, and being on the same team as ragnarock.  I don't think something as tame as a world ending rain of lava will even slow you guys down.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: October 02, 2010, 08:55:09 pm »

And there isn't really anything game-effecting you can buy from the shop that you can't get from drops.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: October 02, 2010, 09:14:21 pm »

And there isn't really anything game-effecting you can buy from the shop that you can't get from drops.
Other than the set hats.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: October 02, 2010, 09:19:43 pm »

Which will, theoretically, receive recipes to craft them in the near future.

The new items range between "mostly useless" (Sydney Sleeper seems this way - no headshots, and applies Jarate only on 50%+ charged hits...) to "OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!1" (Short Stop. 4-barreled, long-range shotgun - it'd be epic even if it didn't slow people!), with most of them at least mostly awesome.

I dunno, the Sleeper seemed pretty powerful when I was playing last night. The guy who had it was totally ruining everyone and not even scoping... Even he was complaining about how overpowered it was.

Wait, what? The Sleeper, non-scoped, is exactly the same as the basic Sniper Rifle. You need a 50% scope charge before it applies Jarate... and if you're not applying Jarate, it's just a SR that can't headshot and has a different appearance. Well, that plus the set bonus if you're wearing everything. It's possible he was bodyshotting everything to death, but again, that's only useful if you can exploit the Jarate effect - if you aren't getting some benefit from the mini-crits, then it's a sniper rifle without the guaranteed headshot crits.  ???

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: October 02, 2010, 09:21:08 pm »

The Sleeper randomly crits.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4779 on: October 02, 2010, 09:23:56 pm »

True. But really, did anyone voluntarily choose the Needlegun over the Blutsauger back when the former's advantage was, "Can randomly crit"?  :P

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: October 02, 2010, 09:28:04 pm »

If all you do is noscope, it's a slight advantage.

Emphasis on the slight.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: October 02, 2010, 10:05:01 pm »

Well, hrrm. The SPUF now has a Trading Subsection. In the, what, 3 days since the update's gone live, there have been 8893 posts made in it.

Overall, the TF2 forum has 36,000 threads in it.

Yes, that's one-fourth of the entire TF2 forum, all about trading. Over 3000 threads per day.  :o

This is insane.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: October 02, 2010, 10:20:50 pm »

Other than the set hats.

Are you saying the set hats don't drop?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: October 02, 2010, 10:44:16 pm »

Well, hrrm. The SPUF now has a Trading Subsection. In the, what, 3 days since the update's gone live, there have been 8893 posts made in it.

Overall, the TF2 forum has 36,000 threads in it.

Yes, that's one-fourth of the entire TF2 forum, all about trading. Over 3000 threads per day.  :o

This is insane.

The Trading subforum went live about a month or so ago.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: October 02, 2010, 10:45:18 pm »

Anyone want a vintage whoopee cap? I don't play much scout, and am looking to trade it for select hats from ze medic or heavy :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 774