Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781251 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Mann-Conomy Update! "Here. Have an eagle."
« Reply #4905 on: October 11, 2010, 07:26:51 pm »

I've been having a real tough time using it... but then again, I was trying on Hightower. Payload Race isn't exactly conducive to picking off lone players. And when you're midway through a backstab spree, regaining a disguise between each stab doesn't really matter.  :P

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: October 11, 2010, 07:37:52 pm »

But when you're done the spree ;3

darkedone02

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: October 11, 2010, 07:40:10 pm »

Lies.
I dominated a game(or, part of it) with Your Eternal Reward and the Ringer.

then you must be dominating that map filled with newbs and shitty spy checking pyro's...

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4908 on: October 11, 2010, 07:48:12 pm »

Lies.

then you must be dominating that map filled with newbs and shitty spy checking pyro's...

Or, he might just be better at it than you. Could your failure possibly not be because of the weapon? ::)

Really, my only complaint about YER is that, since you can't pick your disguise class, you can easily get stuck with a slower character. If you stab a Heavy, you either have to suffer from horribly low movement speed, or you have to ditch your hard-earned disguise, with full knowledge that you might not get another one any time soon. (Or, stay cloaked, which works fine until someone spots you de-cloaking.) Sure, sure, it's 'obvious' if a Spy-as-Heavy is moving full speed, but would it really be so hard to give Spies the option to not move at an agonizingly-slow speed?

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: October 11, 2010, 08:20:21 pm »

Lies.

Yeah!
Lets insult the DFC server players!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4910 on: October 11, 2010, 11:23:47 pm »

The new spy knife is my favourite weapon forever.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: October 11, 2010, 11:39:45 pm »

The new spy knife is my favourite weapon forever.
Really?

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4912 on: October 12, 2010, 04:58:28 pm »

I've just got my new spy dagger and it's kinda hard to use in some situation's... it's useless with the dead ringer
...No it's not. At all. It's actually quite good with the DR. Especially if you're using the full Spy set so that you get the sound reduction.

As Engineer, demoman's are worse then spies... cause they love sticking at least two sticky bombs to blow shit up... and I hate my teams don't do anything about it.
[sarcasm] Because you as the Engy totally can't do anything about those yourself. [/sarcasm]
You can shoot at stickies to make them disappear. Your team probably 1) doesn't notice, 2) is busy fighting the other team, or 3) thinks you can handle getting rid of the stickies by yourself.

tl;dr: Not everything is the fault of other players.

Anyway, something I've already shared with somebody (either Cheeetar or SHAD0W): I don't like how Valve attached certain things to other objects.
Want to use a Mini-Sentry? You have to equip the Gunslinger. (Buildings are attached to the Melee weapon)
Want a quick, automatic disguise? You have to equip YER, but then you don't get the disguise kit. (Disguises are attached to the Melee weapon)
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

kg333

• Bay Watcher
  • Derp.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4913 on: October 12, 2010, 06:02:58 pm »

As Engineer, demoman's are worse then spies... cause they love sticking at least two sticky bombs to blow shit up... and I hate my teams don't do anything about it.
[sarcasm] Because you as the Engy totally can't do anything about those yourself. [/sarcasm]
You can shoot at stickies to make them disappear. Your team probably 1) doesn't notice, 2) is busy fighting the other team, or 3) thinks you can handle getting rid of the stickies by yourself.

You...can...shoot them??   Argh.  Now that's a tip that would have been handy on a blasted loading screen.

KG

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: October 12, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »

Anyway, something I've already shared with somebody (either Cheeetar or SHAD0W): I don't like how Valve attached certain things to other objects.
Want to use a Mini-Sentry? You have to equip the Gunslinger. (Buildings are attached to the Melee weapon)
Want a quick, automatic disguise? You have to equip YER, but then you don't get the disguise kit. (Disguises are attached to the Melee weapon)
I dunno, the system never really bothered me. I guess Valve found that dicking around with the PDA's wasn't a terribly good idea in their testing.

That, and I really, really hate Humpineers. You're not helping your team if you're beating your gun while everything important is happening elsewhere.
Unless you are on Red team.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4915 on: October 12, 2010, 07:02:28 pm »

But it's not just pure numbers, there's also the concern of aim as well as which of you they choose to go after. A lot of players will have a minor freakout over fighting an engie and his minisentry at the same time.
If you use the new shotgun, like I do, what I mostly do is wrangle until they get close, if they do that at all, and then shotgun them on the face, then the shottie does 80+ damage and is worth the trouble.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: October 12, 2010, 09:17:09 pm »

DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: October 12, 2010, 09:58:06 pm »

KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4919 on: October 13, 2010, 09:52:40 am »

Also this.

Now I have most of the new weapons (lacking the rocket jumper, which isn't really a weapon, and the powerjack) I think I'll share my opinions on them all.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 774