Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781460 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Über update! "Danke, Dummkopfs!"
« Reply #5910 on: June 24, 2011, 10:49:10 pm »

I get terrible drop rates - for weapons. I could give less than a shit about hats, I want my goddamn weapons.

As for the whole "Hi, you paid for this, here's a hat" thing, I really think that getting a hat, a fucking cosmetic item of no real worth, is kinda a raw deal. I would've preferred each player (who bought the game before the uber update) getting a random rare item instead of/in addition to the hat. As it stands, I really don't think the advantages a paid player has over a free player are worth the $20 I spent to buy this game.

That said, I'll keep playing, because I really enjoy this game. I'd like to see there be more distinct advantages to being a paid player, though. A larger backpack and getting hat drops really doesn't strike as being worth very much. Hell, I'd even accept something like an improved drop rate for items or a better chance of rare items or, hell, maybe free keys for all those crates.

Basically, I'd like to see something of demonstrable worth given to those who bought the game. Not just spent money on items, but actually bought the game. I don't care what it is, but as it stands, hats and a bigger backpack strikes me as a pretty shitty reward for buying the game.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: June 24, 2011, 10:58:52 pm »

Your reward for buying the game is over a thousand hours of playtime.

Unless you bought the game this year, then yeah they probably should have given everyone who bought the game like $10 of store credit.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: June 24, 2011, 11:07:27 pm »

Some free keys would have been nice. I don't think I ever did get a holiday key.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: June 24, 2011, 11:08:22 pm »

Some free keys would have been nice. I don't think I ever did get a holiday key.
Congradulations! You are this threads 6,000th poster! You are entitled to one free hat from someone in the thread!
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: June 24, 2011, 11:12:16 pm »

<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: June 24, 2011, 11:21:30 pm »

Now do you still get hat drops even if you can't wear them if your a free player?

And you guys have any estimates on how long it'll take before the lag is dealt with? Being new to the game I've got no idea how quick they are to deal with issues like that.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: June 24, 2011, 11:29:47 pm »

Now do you still get hat drops even if you can't wear them if your a free player?

And you guys have any estimates on how long it'll take before the lag is dealt with? Being new to the game I've got no idea how quick they are to deal with issues like that.
I think that since you can't use them, you can't get them off of drops. But then again you don't see hats drop alot, so its hard to tell.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: June 24, 2011, 11:43:14 pm »

You mean like in-game lag?  The game's played on private servers, it's not TF2's fault.
Shoes...

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: June 25, 2011, 12:04:40 am »

You mean like in-game lag?  The game's played on private servers, it's not TF2's fault.

Huh, well shows how much I know I suppose. Only been in one online game so far and everyone else was reporting lag to. Maybe it is my computer thats to blame for some of the choppiness if the offline sessions are anything to go by. Though not quite sure why it needs to connect to the servers if its 'offline'...

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: June 25, 2011, 12:06:03 am »

I got Natasha in a drop, and then Natasha from the Heavy's second Mile stone.

I was okay with it because I had already turned the first one into a Tomislov by that point.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: June 25, 2011, 12:12:05 am »

Welcome to Reality.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: June 25, 2011, 12:57:54 am »

Only been in one online game so far and everyone else was reporting lag to. Maybe it is my computer thats to blame for some of the choppiness if the offline sessions are anything to go by.

Well, if it was one time and everyone else noticed it, it's reasonable to blame that specific server. Otherwise, it's possible it's your computer, but TF2 doesn't need anything too high-end to run nicely.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: June 25, 2011, 01:16:59 am »

Just got a strange stickybomb launcher.  I'm lukewarm about all this.

Also, I hate vintage items.  I'll never use half this shit but I can't bring myself to craft it.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: June 25, 2011, 01:20:31 am »

Also, I hate vintage items.  I'll never use half this shit but I can't bring myself to craft it.
It's handy, I'll never accidentally craft all of a version of a weapon, so I'll always have the option of using it.

But the crafting menu sometimes puts the vintage item at the top of the 'stack', so I have to be on my toes about it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 393 394 [395] 396 397 ... 774