Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781019 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Goes Free To Play with Uber Update ""Let's do dis."
« Reply #6060 on: June 27, 2011, 01:21:49 am »

It's not bad.

If you want to see a game where bad players ruin games, play Global Agenda.  All matches are 10 on 10 so when you have two or three recons on your team acting like fuck-ups you can feel it.

It's always recons too.  They run around with swords trying to melee people and getting their asses killed over and over.
Shoes...

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6061 on: June 27, 2011, 02:59:49 am »

Isn't the whole point of recons to be sneaky-sneaky? That's what I got from the description of the class at chargen.

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6062 on: June 27, 2011, 03:38:24 am »

I still got the backscratcher and the Southern Conf Thingy Wrench I'd like to get rid of. I'd love either a Direct Hit, a Wrangler, Kritzkrieg, or a cool Heavy Minigun like the Tomislav.

Anyone Interested?
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6063 on: June 27, 2011, 03:44:50 am »

Compared to me you're all still noobs, so stfu about the noobier-noobs  ;D

Every class is useful, but change classes when what you're doing is not working, that's the best tip there is.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6064 on: June 27, 2011, 03:49:05 am »

Yeah, when you're having one of those days where you can't kill a single dude, try out every class, switch up a bit. I remember one time I hadn't gotten a single kill in fifteen minutes and I switched to heavy, a class I hadn't played in about two weeks and mowed down five people in a corridor before getting ubered and completely blunting a major push.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6065 on: June 27, 2011, 04:12:41 am »

Exactly. Also, try to pick classes nobody is playing. Sometimes it's because that class is totally useless in the current stage of the current map, but more often than not you're supporting the team by playing something different. Even if it's not enforced, just pretend there's a 2 player cap per class.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6066 on: June 27, 2011, 06:15:20 am »

I'd disagree there. It's courteous, I know, but if you want to play a class, play the class. It is all about fun, after all.

And of course, given the way the game works, if there's too many people in one class, it's usually not fun to play it, so it all evens out.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6067 on: June 27, 2011, 06:20:10 am »

Anyone had problems on 2fort with aimbotting snipers? Last game I was in, I would run out the back entrance, as scout, get to the ledge, jump, and before I had finished the first jump, I was headshotted. Went out again, bottom layer. Got out the door and bam, dead.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6068 on: June 27, 2011, 06:27:25 am »

I get hit as a scout all the time by snipers in 2fort, I'm sure you were just unlucky.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6069 on: June 27, 2011, 06:30:50 am »

It is all about fun, after all.
True dat. All classes are fun, though. I even play a sniper now and then, nowadays. Really useful necessary in the Hightower end-game, for instance.
I've played heavy a lot lately, and although I rack up insane amounts of kills, I kind of get bored with him. Now I often play classes I suck at, for fun, until my team actually starts losing the game.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6070 on: June 27, 2011, 06:55:07 am »

I get hit as a scout all the time by snipers in 2fort, I'm sure you were just unlucky.

Oh, no. Sniping scouts is relatively easy....with your scope on full. This guy was running around and head shotting us. Repeatedly.

I eventually resorted to using a spy to go out and backstab him. Cloaked in room, ran out. Before I jumped off the ledge I had been killed.

EDIT: another pertinent detail. He was getting achievements left right and centre at the time. The starting ones in particular.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 06:56:54 am by Dsarker »
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6071 on: June 27, 2011, 08:38:11 am »

Anyone had problems on 2fort with aimbotting snipers? Last game I was in, I would run out the back entrance, as scout, get to the ledge, jump, and before I had finished the first jump, I was headshotted. Went out again, bottom layer. Got out the door and bam, dead.
Oh I see your problem, your playing on 2fort.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6072 on: June 27, 2011, 08:42:16 am »

You know, the new images that appear on the main menu are nice, but the way the Sniper is holding his Rifle up to his eye and the fact he wears Sunnies would mean he should have an eye full of glass on the first shot. The scope would backlash, smashing the glasses and yeah... It should be held higher (as in his arm positioning and a little bit further away from his eye...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6073 on: June 27, 2011, 08:44:41 am »

You know, the new images that appear on the main menu are nice, but the way the Sniper is holding his Rifle up to his eye and the fact he wears Sunnies would mean he should have an eye full of glass on the first shot. The scope would backlash, smashing the glasses and yeah... It should be held higher (as in his arm positioning and a little bit further away from his eye...
Will someone blow this realist up?

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6074 on: June 27, 2011, 08:57:44 am »

Oh I see your problem, your playing on 2fort.

I have a choice. 2fort (with aimbots) or non 2fort, in which case I die to snipers in melee. Because of the 300-400 ping.
Pages: 1 ... 403 404 [405] 406 407 ... 774