Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781362 times)

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! Deus Ex promos! Heavy with a bionic arm!
« Reply #6990 on: August 24, 2011, 06:00:33 pm »

Don't worry about sucking as spy, 70% of it is luck. At best you can learn how to avoid foes and when to attack, but random spychecking, scouts bumping into you as a pyro rounds a corner, heavies spinning around for no reason to mow you down and all sorts of funkiness can really mess you up no matter what skill level you are at. You can remove a percentage or two for the crazier spy maneuvers like jumping backwards over a scout running straight towards you to backstab them or perfecting facestabs, but don't worry too much about dying a lot.

^this.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: August 24, 2011, 07:56:36 pm »

Something must have happened with the TF2 item servers while I was playing today. As a pyro, I couldn't wield my beloved backburner for some reason. Or a regular flame-thrower. The only weapons I could use was a detonator and postal plummer (I still managed to kill a few people with the two).

Has anybody else experienced this today? (or perhaps in the past)

Something like that happened to me once in the past, several months ago: all my weapons got stuck on what they were on at the time instead of what usually happens when the servers go wonky.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: August 28, 2011, 03:12:32 pm »

So I recently got a Diamondback as a drop. It is awesome, especially if the enemy team has an engineer using Mini-Sentries.

Sap a couple of sentries being built or just sap a teleporter, kill an engy in his nest from a distance with the pistol crits, go and sap the nest, repeat ad nasuem. It's even more awesome with a Dead Ringer.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6993 on: August 28, 2011, 04:11:14 pm »

Diamondback? What's it do?
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: August 28, 2011, 04:18:04 pm »

Reverse Frontier Justice. Gives you a crit for each building that you destroy or assist via sapper, but only does the same damage as the Ambassador (-15%). It's certainly more practical than the Ambassador with my aiming skills... I'm definitely using it as a main revolver from now on. I can kinda imagine a weird Spy equivalent to the Gunslinger/Justice Engies with the Diamondback/Kunai/Ringer.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6995 on: August 28, 2011, 04:51:28 pm »

Oh, cool.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: August 28, 2011, 05:56:24 pm »

The Original. It... It looks like a dildo. Did we play those games with dildostraponrocketlaunchers for years?

I... I think we did......  :o

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6997 on: August 28, 2011, 06:06:18 pm »

The Original. It... It looks like a dildo. Did we play those games with dildostraponrocketlaunchers for years?

Sometimes a phalic rocketlauncher is just a phalic rocketlancher.
Thank you based dwarf.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6998 on: August 28, 2011, 06:28:28 pm »

Sometimes a phalic rocketlauncher is just a phalic rocketlancher.
And sometimes it's gamedevs overcompensating for something. ;)
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: August 28, 2011, 10:38:01 pm »

Quote from: ED on The Original
Game-promoted reskin of the standard Rocket Launcher; looks exactly like the Rocket launcher from Quake. Valve decided to troll, placing the viewmodel at the bottom of the screen, so it looks like you're firing rockets from a massive black dong and fapping while reloading. Valve say it's because that's what it looks like on Quake, but we know that they love the cock really.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: August 31, 2011, 02:03:55 pm »

I think this game hates me.

I've had it for about 3 weeks, bought a few things to get premium, and logged 23 hours of game-time.

But I still have yet to see a single drop of any kind. Seriously, even one of those crates would be a welcome sight right about now.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20:57 pm »

...weird. I guess it's possible (though it'd be weird) that new premium accounts have to wait until the next reset period to begin receiving drops. If that's the case, you'll have to wait until Thursday for the drop counter to reset.  :(

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: August 31, 2011, 02:25:08 pm »

Two Thursdays have passed since I went premium.  :(
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7003 on: August 31, 2011, 02:33:49 pm »

Two Thursdays have passed since I went premium.  :(

Valve wants you to spend more money.  Its a big scam I say.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: August 31, 2011, 04:24:51 pm »

I went premium after I decided that five bucks was worth it, and my first drop was the sultan's ceremonial.
I have everything BUT the Persian Persuader for that set. It's a shame, too.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 774