Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781069 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! Deus Ex promos! Heavy with a bionic arm!
« Reply #7065 on: September 04, 2011, 11:41:23 pm »

Yeah spys bleed when shot while cloaked, and depending on the watch flicker.

I don't understand the Kunai. In a world where the difference between killing a scout and a soldier is a  second of extra DPS for most classes I don't see how this minor of a situational health buff is helpful. He could have 300 health for all I care, the moment he is found out he's dead.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7066 on: September 05, 2011, 02:12:50 am »

No no, not whilst cloaked, whilst disguised. I swear I've seen blood but it's always in situations where I can't tell if it's the spy's blood.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7067 on: September 05, 2011, 03:52:42 am »

I don't think there's blood if you shoot a disguised spy.

The kunai is great not just because of the overheal, but the heal. With the dead ringer, it goes like this: Run up, get killed(cloak), get behind the enemy, recharge ringer, stab stab, get hit a few times, recloak, repeat. The kunai is like the demoknights' katana like that: every kill is an insta-heal.

Walking backwards usually means I walk into the enemy, revealing my location. :(

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

justinlee999

• Bay Watcher
  • Unflappably FABULOUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #7068 on: September 05, 2011, 04:13:27 am »

If I'm not using the dead ringer, I backpedal. Works best that way

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7069 on: September 05, 2011, 07:59:45 am »

Still, the downside of having 60 base health seems like you'll get instakilled by a ton of things. Granted he's a light class so that'll happen anyway, but again it just seems like situational survivability at the cost of being significantly weaker the rest of the time.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7070 on: September 05, 2011, 08:19:45 am »

It is indeed not a lot of health. A good shotgun blast, or almost anything, will instakill you. Except that the DR fixes that, I think the kunai with anything but the DR is pretty suicidal.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #7071 on: September 05, 2011, 08:58:49 am »

...Now I understand the flak I get for using the Kunai with the Cloak and Dagger. I use the C&D to move through brighter areas, then camp behind something and recharge in darker ones, uncloaked so I might be able to stab someone passing by for a quick snack.

Or being a battlespy with the Kunai. I'm not as reckless as I normally am with the Kunai because I recognise that  I'm not as resiliant as a regular spy. It's encouragement not to get hit at all.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7072 on: September 05, 2011, 09:01:30 am »

I unboxed a strange direct hit yesterday. I almost have the 100 kill milestone already.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7073 on: September 05, 2011, 10:58:24 am »

I always use either the Direct Hit or the Cow Mangler when I'm playing soldier. The Mangler is good for bombardment and firing at entrances when defending a base; The direct hit, of course, is excellent for doing massive damage to anyone who gets struck by it.

I need to make or get a righteous bison.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7074 on: September 05, 2011, 11:00:54 am »

The DH eats face but nobody uses it because they'd rather have the noob tube. :U

I guess the comments about the kunai make me suicidal, since I've a strange one I use and I loathe the DR. The fact that getting hit = death makes me less likely to get hit, so I guess it works.

My strange kunai is Positively Inhumane and I use it with the Invisibility watch. Another thing that makes this knife pretty awesome is how when you stab an engineer, you get 180 hp to act like insurance when sapping his sentry! This knife taught me how to do this pretty much 95% of the time with the normal knife in only a matter of a day. YER taught me how to use my cloak more efficiently and how to rely on things like stairstabs and leaping stabs. I use the normal knife a majority of the time BUT I find all the knifes useful in a way to get better as being pitted with a different situation of survival would teach me how to survive differently, and the training mixes with any knife.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7075 on: September 05, 2011, 11:22:16 am »

Those knives taught you to play better? Huh. They just got me killed more, which led me to note that I wasn't helping the team at all by being killed repeatedly, leading me to switch back to a useful class. :P
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7076 on: September 05, 2011, 12:53:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That gun had a crack?

I still maintain my comment from a few pages back about spy play being 70% luck. It's unfortunate that Pyro also has a similar amount to his gameplay. Soldier is odd because I think he has the least random chance that can fuck him up. He can rocket jump or Equalizer dash out of most unfavorable situations that would be hopeless for any other class.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7077 on: September 05, 2011, 01:00:12 pm »

Pyro is not luck based if you abuse your shotgun. It's about 70% of the power of a scattergun and is not to be trifled with. Also, airblast can help you survive even if you turn a corner into a spun-up heavy by pushing him back long enough to let you retreat. I cannot recommend the degreaser/shotgun/axtinguisher loadout more strongly.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7078 on: September 05, 2011, 01:02:38 pm »

Actually, yeah, airblast alone removes a good 20-30% of the bullshit deaths by being able to toss the offending corner heavy back around the corner. Shotgun does not change the numbers.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7079 on: September 05, 2011, 05:24:00 pm »

I still maintain my comment from a few pages back about spy play being 70% luck. It's unfortunate that Pyro also has a similar amount to his gameplay.
Nonsense. Those two especially require a "get behind enemy lines" strategy. Knowing the map is 70% for these.

Pages: 1 ... 470 471 [472] 473 474 ... 774