Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781631 times)

Tyler6498

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Free To Play! Deus Ex promos! Heavy with a bionic arm!
« Reply #7110 on: September 08, 2011, 04:46:07 pm »

Funny how you also get the spy vs spy effect: If the top-killer of a team is a spy, suddenly people on both teams start playing spy as well :)

Yeah there team started with no spies and by the last 30 seconds there team had 4.
I play adventure mode because it's hard and when I play, I am too.
I believe we're talking about full scale colonisation here.  You don't just leave all your shit in the van when you move house.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: September 08, 2011, 04:50:23 pm »

Funny how you also get the spy vs spy effect: If the top-killer of a team is a spy, suddenly people on both teams start playing spy as well :)

Yeah there team started with no spies and by the last 30 seconds there team had 4.

Where?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: September 08, 2011, 04:54:01 pm »

Where?
Over there, of course!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #7113 on: September 08, 2011, 04:55:32 pm »

I wouldn't give a scout a brass beast, but the detonator really should grant blast-jumping.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: September 08, 2011, 06:05:37 pm »

Gah. Played a match recently where I got three kills in a row as a sniper, yet the server didn't allow me to record replays. If you're wondering why making three kills in a row is so impressive to me, it is because I did it with a sniper rifle. And without using the scope (ie scopeless). Gah.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: September 09, 2011, 03:40:58 am »

When they should have gone pyro.  ::) Of course, it's always fun to go pyro yourself when they all go spy :)

Team-playing means (at the very least) adapting to both your own team and the opposing team...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: September 09, 2011, 08:36:15 am »

Of course, I always maintain that if you're doing badly in all the classes you're picking for the sake of your team, you're justified in picking a class that you just have fun playing.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: September 09, 2011, 08:42:35 am »

Or if you're winning anyway and you're at the top of your team, you have to play your worst class.

If I ever play a sniper, I'm actually mocking you.  ;)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: September 09, 2011, 08:47:17 am »

Oh God yes. Fucking snipers, how do they work? Seriously, I've tried everything, lowering sensitivity, graphics, all the tips and tricks.

I guess I just really suck at playing sniper.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: September 09, 2011, 09:12:19 am »

When I'm playing one day and I find myself sucking really hard I usually decide it's a good time to try a class I haven't played in a while.  For some reason that always works for me.

FunctionZero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: September 09, 2011, 09:48:54 am »

Oh God yes. Fucking snipers, how do they work? Seriously, I've tried everything, lowering sensitivity, graphics, all the tips and tricks.

I guess I just really suck at playing sniper.
Try moving yourself instead of moving your mouse. Line up the height, then move yourself for aiming. Needs a bit of practice, but it definitely works.

You could also go as a Huntsman sniper. Huntsmans are great if you suck at aiming. (Like me, heh.)

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: September 09, 2011, 09:56:37 am »

I even suck at huntsman. Repeated bodyshots will eventually kill someone, though.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: September 09, 2011, 09:57:46 am »

Gah. Played a match recently where I got three kills in a row as a sniper, yet the server didn't allow me to record replays. If you're wondering why making three kills in a row is so impressive to me, it is because I did it with a sniper rifle. And without using the scope (ie scopeless). Gah.

Wish I had been on a replay server during a turbine match once.  Had a kritz medic healing me as sniper.  Suddenly he pops uber...on me.(I'm guessing he was trolling)  I run out into the main area and noscope 2 scouts, a spy, a soldier, a demoman, and then chase down a scout after the uber runs out and noscope him too.  The medic was literally laughing after that.  "I really didn't expect that to work at all"
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: September 09, 2011, 10:50:26 am »

Sniper is another one of those things where I watch videos of skilled people play and suddenly feel bad about the class. Apparently you are supposed to aim in front of a head to get it.

Of course I tend to be somewhat unlucky about that when people inexplicably stop before running into the sniper dot.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:31 am »

Heads are so mainstream. A fully charged bodyshot is enough to kill most of the weaker classes (including those delicious medics, most of the time), and anything that survives with the possible exception of a heavy is going to seriously reconsider his actions. This is why the sydney sleeper is awesome. Not only does it charge up faster, as an insult to injury you apply jarate to everyone you hit this way as well.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.
Pages: 1 ... 473 474 [475] 476 477 ... 774