Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781467 times)

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile

So, uh.. do snipers have rifles that let them no-scope yet? :D 

Ps.  Best TF2 map ever is any point-capture map! :)

Yeah, it's called the huntsman.

Pfft, real snipers don't use bows and arrows, they use fully charged scopes in no-scope to walk around the map virtually impervious! :O  Miss that from TFC :(

Yeah, I dunno.. never been a fan of the huntsman.  I guess I'm just used to shooting heads with a rifle!

I'm only good with classes they need finesse and great skill to play as. So mostly Pyro, Demoknight, and Medic.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile

You need good footwork, and be on a server with good ping to box your way to victory as a heavy. Otherwise the "Pootis-Pow!" will get you miles away 'cause of laggers. Trust me.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

noscope+kritzkrieg = 150 damage a shot = hilarious
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile

So, uh.. do snipers have rifles that let them no-scope yet? :D 

Ps.  Best TF2 map ever is any point-capture map! :)
I'd suggest listening to the developer commentary, they designed the sniper specifically so nobody could noscope with him. Since then they've added the huntsmen, but mostly that principle stand true.

Also, add [DFC]klingon13524 to your Steam friends list if you need scrap banking!
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile

Not to sound silly, but what is scrap banking and how does it work?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

It is giving someone two weapons that you can't craft together into scrap, such as one weapon from each of two classes, to someone and recieving a scrap in return. By doing this multiple times the banker aquires weapons that they can craft together over multiple trades, or weapons that they can trade at a higher rate to those who are looking for them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 08:34:17 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile

Not to sound silly, but what is scrap banking and how does it work?
Weapons in TF2 are pretty much useless to you if you have more than one of each, or if you never use that weapon. Give me two of any weapon, and I'll give you a piece of digital scrap metal. A weapon you actually would like to have is worth one "scrap", while you can only craft "scraps" with two junk weapons. You can't just craft them together yourself usually because they must be usable the same class. I then take these weapons and either turn them into more scrap for 0 profit, or sell them for one scrap each and profit.

It's a win win situation, as we render services to each other and we both "profit". When I first started playing, I thought it was just a common form of charity!
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile

noscope+kritzkrieg = 150 damage a shot = hilarious

My friend was trying to mess me up with a kritz medic once on turbine when I was sniper.  Running in front of my scope, only healed me, jumped around drawing attention to the area.

He eventually kritzed me.  Ran out of the tunnel I was in and killed 6 people with noscope shots.
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile

Every time I think of Steel I think of that time where, as soldier, I went to go rocket someone off the last CP, and it had to be a pyro with perfect reflecting skills. 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

I had a good night as medic yesterday, got stack babbed a couple times but only after I'd been causing some trouble. The big problem I had was the team having some kind of medic-phobia and avoiding me like the plauge while I'm trying to charge up my uber... and that one demo who decided that the best use for an uber is to switch to bottle.

I did notice a LOT of engies with the minisentry using them like a normal sentry.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile

I had a good night as medic yesterday, got stack babbed a couple times but only after I'd been causing some trouble. The big problem I had was the team having some kind of medic-phobia and avoiding me like the plauge while I'm trying to charge up my uber... and that one demo who decided that the best use for an uber is to switch to bottle.

That's the most hilarious kind of uber. I approve.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I need to get back into TF2. Like, actually get back into it. For the past month all I've been doing is finding 2fort servers with dug in snipers and using the sticky jumper and the bottle to get all up in their business. Since 2fort is TF2's most prominent all-chat whingefest this is usually hilarious.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com

Didn't they add a big new 5cp map? I haven't seen anyone play it at all...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

jc6036

• Bay Watcher
  • Bilious Slick
    • View Profile

So in your guys's opinions, steel is actually like tomatoes.  Love it or Hate it.  I guess there's mostly haters though, because I never see steel being played.

Strangething

• Bay Watcher
  • Slizardman
    • View Profile
    • My Blog

Didn't they add a big new 5cp map? I haven't seen anyone play it at all...

You mean Foundry? It's a lot of fun.

Also, I have a question. I recently got a decal tool. Does anyone know whether this drops as a hat or as a weapon? Because I have not gotten a random hat since I upgraded to Premium.
Pages: 1 ... 536 537 [538] 539 540 ... 774