Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777833 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Robotic Boogaloo!
« Reply #9855 on: July 10, 2013, 06:06:12 pm »

Over the past few days the tf2 blog has made several posts covering maps, Weapons balancing and community item selection for the new update that just shipped today. Patch notes here.

Summer Claim Checks that have been dropping over the past few weeks can now be swapped for Summer Coolers crates.

Added text search functionality to the backpack and the store.
- Easier to find stuff now that there are so many items.

In MvM, when robots are killed by sniper headshots or explosive headshot upgrade, they will drop ‘red’ money that will automatically be collected when it would otherwise dissolve
- Nice little improvement.

Fixed the Marked-For-Death effect showing over the head of disguised or stealthed players
- Finally fixed scout spy-checking being far to easy.

cp_egypt
   Players can no longer build on top of arches and high ledges
- A bit disappointing if this has taken out all of the elevated positions.

mvm_bigrock
   Fixed players building on rock in cave section
- Have to check which rocks exactly it is talking about, but this could change strategy on some challenge waves quite a bit.

Also many, many item stat changes, particularly those that were previously part of sets.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9856 on: July 10, 2013, 06:41:59 pm »

The Weapon Balancing Update?! I've been waiting for this for SO LONG! I had actually been under the belief that there'd be no attempt to ever rebalance the weapons.

Quick-Fix

Added 50% Overheal
    Über now affects the medic when there's no heal target
    Shotguns with pushback (Force O' Nature) no longer affect players under the effect of Quick-Fix’s Über

When I saw this, my reaction was basically "Yes... YES... YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!" cause I frequent the dedicated medic forum on Steam, and it's no exaggeration when I say that the Quickfix is literally the ONLY THING THEY TALK ABOUT. It's equal parts confusion, rage, calm discussion, and rage, but it was truly the only topic that was consistently brought up over and over and over again, for YEARS. AND IT'S DONE! IT'S FINALLY DONE! Hallelujah!

I also appreciate the nerf to the Dead Ringer, that thing was just super annoying all around. I really like the changes they're making to alot of things, it's gonna really shake the game up and breath new life into it. I'll probably get back into TF2.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9857 on: July 10, 2013, 06:45:32 pm »

I just sacrificed a bills on the burning alter of pootis, in hopes the gunslinger gets nerfed into the ground.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:47:28 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9858 on: July 10, 2013, 06:50:24 pm »

I just sacrificed a bills on the burning alter of pootis, in hopes the gunslinger gets nerfed into the ground.

The only thing it mentioned was that now the minis don't heal while being built anymore. I'm sure that counts for something.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9859 on: July 10, 2013, 06:59:49 pm »

Not enough, engineers will just build them behind cover, pick it up, and still just drop it at your feet. At least that requires a little bit of forethought though, rather than just vomiting them every chance you get and dealing stupid amounts of damage doing it.

It'd still be viable if they knocked off 80% of its health and made it cost 120 metal. At the bare minimum they need to reduce its damage and lower its health enough to be destroyed by a single standard rocket. Because of its tiny size, it's actually harder to destroy minisentries than it is to destroy level 2 or in some cases 3 sentries with stuff like pistols, shotguns, and miniguns, as well as explosives if you don't aim well. It also deals amazing damage, builds quickly, gives the engineer more health (because why not?), has that crit gimmick that still hasn't had its teammate bug fixed, the same range as a regular sentry despite being impossible for many classes to destroy at that range, and the list goes on... if they don't fix it now, I'm not going to be a happy panda.

Also the liberty launcher crits/spash, flamethrower damage, and the pomson hitbox. But those are small change compared to minisentries.
Edit: Oh, and the huntsman using the projectile hitbox. Why hasn't that been fixed yet? RAAAAEEG
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 07:17:05 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9860 on: July 10, 2013, 07:24:29 pm »

They could change the mini-sentry to a mini-flamethrower?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Summer of Balance '13
« Reply #9861 on: July 11, 2013, 04:10:32 pm »

Why doesn't this update have a name? Well, I guess we'll have to do with that.

Also, this is the 10 001st post in this thread, which is absolutely staggering. Maybe to honor that, I should get back to TF2. This update seems to be a bit more for the old fogies. Also, there's some Trading Cards to be had.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:12:52 pm by LASD »

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Summer of Balance '13
« Reply #9862 on: July 11, 2013, 04:11:31 pm »

Damn, I didn't realize there were strange invisibility watches.

... Now I want one. ;-;
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Also, this is the 10 003rd post in this thread, which is absolutely staggering.
This thread is now ~11% the size of the happy thread then. I think.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Damn, I didn't realize there were strange invisibility watches.

... Now I want one. ;-;

Heh, I've found that they're really easy to level, unlike the Dead Ringer. I've spent hours just idling next to a dispenser on an Achievement server while cloaked. It's at 45,520 seconds cloaked, and right now it's Nullity Inducing.

All I need to complete my set of Strange Loadouts is a Strange Construction PDA.

As for the update, I don't actually play conventional games often, preferring to play on Randomizer and Freak Fortress servers. Plus, I don't have any of the affected Item Sets, save for the Expert's Ordinance, which I don't use anyway due to the whole Strange Loadout thing.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Why would I idle to rack it up?

I'd... play the game?

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, this is the 10 003rd post in this thread, which is absolutely staggering.
This thread is now ~11% the size of the happy thread then. I think.

Shush, it's my (and a few hundred other peoples) baby and I'm proud of it.  :P

Oh yeah, wonder what the "calling cards" are. I should try it out with my Milkman set.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

I do it because it really would take forever to level it up otherwise, and I don't play TF2 enough to actually level it up much.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Summer of Balance '13 "Hey, lotta' good that gun didya!"
« Reply #9868 on: September 28, 2013, 12:08:25 pm »

So I'm new to Team Fortress 2 and am wondering what a good class for a beginner to play is. I kind of like Heavy and Soldier and am tempted to try Pyro and maybe Medic if that helps.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Summer of Balance '13 "Hey, lotta' good that gun didya!"
« Reply #9869 on: September 28, 2013, 12:12:41 pm »

Medic, Soldier, Demoman, and Heavy are all the easiest ones, IMO.
Sniper and Engi are also quite easy, but there are a few finer points that make them a little bit trickier.
Scout and Pyro are somewhere in the middle, as they are sort of fragile, but fast and with close range weapons, and capable of killing even a heavy in seconds.
Spy is the most difficult, but also one of the most rewarding. Bad spies will get spotted and die almost immediately, good spies will kill the entire team many times over and make sure there are never any hostile sentries/teles up anywhere.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 656 657 [658] 659 660 ... 774