Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 782010 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Smerry Smissmas!
« Reply #10050 on: January 14, 2014, 05:41:33 pm »

Exactly. Sub-classes for situations.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10051 on: January 14, 2014, 07:17:18 pm »

The thing about the new scout is that he has a movement gimmick in every loadout slot... so why give up the awesome that is scattergun, when you could give up the meh that is stock bat or pistol?  Unless you like using the bat as a bat for some strange reason, the atomizer is a straight upgrade to the standard bat, and its ability is great provided you learn not to trigger it by accident.  The winger isn't as effective as the atomizer but will give you the same movement abilities as the force-o-nature with fewer downsides.  Soda popper is hilarious but from what I've seen tends to bring the user way above the target where they can't deal effective damage, and besides the ability is only available half the time so same problem as old soda popper.  I haven't spent any significant time with it yet, so maybe for people who are really good at it it can work.

The exception to this is baby face's blaster, because its the only movement gimmick that improves speed, rather than jump height.  So that has a role currently.  But soda popper and force-o-nature are mainly for fun rather than effectiveness.  It would be like if the gunboats gave 100% self-damage reduction, why would you use the rocket jumper when you could get the same ability on a secondary?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10052 on: January 14, 2014, 08:37:07 pm »

The Soda Popper is amazing, from the few minutes I used it today. If your situational awareness isn't incredible, you may just get a sneak attack on you, and not much survives two point-blank shots to the back from that thing.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10053 on: January 17, 2014, 11:25:33 am »

Unless you like using the bat as a bat for some strange reason, the atomizer is a straight upgrade to the standard bat, and its ability is great provided you learn not to trigger it by accident.
Real men use fish.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10054 on: January 17, 2014, 01:50:42 pm »

Real men use fish.
I sometimes play on 2Fort instarespawn servers.

I always take scout, fish and crit-a-cola, and then proceed to critfish all the snipers.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10055 on: January 19, 2014, 05:30:13 pm »

Unless you like using the bat as a bat for some strange reason, the atomizer is a straight upgrade to the standard bat, and its ability is great provided you learn not to trigger it by accident.
Real men use fish.
Fish as a bat is of course always a good idea.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10056 on: January 20, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »

Real men use fish.

I used to be one of those snipers, damn you!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #10057 on: January 20, 2014, 08:06:28 pm »

I gave in, I'm finally trying TF2.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10058 on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:28 pm »

Playing TF2 is best with friends.

Hit me up on steam, screenname: Junpei

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10059 on: January 21, 2014, 12:25:41 am »

i am choppy on steam as well, plus here is my steam link.  http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042805928/home

Playing TF2 is best with friends.

Hit me up on steam, screenname: Junpei

i searched for it, but could not find you. can you please provide a link to your profile?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10060 on: January 21, 2014, 12:36:30 am »

Sorry, I have sorely overestimated the steam people finder:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029099955/

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #10061 on: January 21, 2014, 12:40:16 am »

I wish I could play with you guys. But school calls; and I currently don't have a place to play. But can I join if a find one?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Knick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: January 21, 2014, 09:55:29 am »

Huh.  Comedic sociopathy of the dwarf fortress community x black comedy of team fortress2?

Count me in.

My handle for TF2 is KnicholasG.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198072024766
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day.  Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
The great Dwarfen Philosopher Urist McConfused said it best:  "Light a kitten on fire and it will run screaming into the booze stockpile and catch the whole fort up.  I know, we tested it in twelve different forts and it always happened."

Chaos Armor

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #10063 on: January 21, 2014, 10:24:14 am »

Real men use fish.

Real men use pans.
Lurking since 2009

Leerooooooooy walk forward twice

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10064 on: January 21, 2014, 10:58:29 am »

Real men use fish.

Real men use pans.
Hamshank!
Pages: 1 ... 669 670 [671] 672 673 ... 774