Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777854 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Scream Fortress 2: Carnival of Carnage is LIVE! "Misfortune telling!"
« Reply #10650 on: November 17, 2014, 03:23:05 pm »

Pyros
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10651 on: November 17, 2014, 05:35:22 pm »

Tell me your secrets.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Carcass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10652 on: November 17, 2014, 06:19:40 pm »

I've found that the Persian Persuader and tide turner go well together since the PP has a relatively quick charge recharge and tide turner returns charge on charge kills, so one can charge around the map like a lunatic. I also throw in the ali baba booties (really ought to get some bootleggers to complete my demo's pirate costume) because who needs grenades!? Good times.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10653 on: November 17, 2014, 06:50:14 pm »

Tell me your secrets.
Use your sword to charge and kill people in close range, use your pipe bombs to kill people not in close range.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10654 on: November 17, 2014, 10:31:14 pm »

Tell me your secrets.
Use your sword to charge and kill people in close range, use your pipe bombs to kill people not in close range.

Basically this. Demoknight is lethal if played right - catch heavies unaware, kill sentries from around corners, and outrun spies. Ram into people and steal their heads.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10655 on: November 17, 2014, 10:36:43 pm »

The best way to help your team as a Demoknight is to murder enemy medics as much as possible.  It's a pick class, much like Sniper, and the main advantage is that you can charge round a corner towards the source of a medi-beam and take it out without getting a direct line of sight.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10656 on: November 17, 2014, 10:44:08 pm »

The best way to help your team as a Demoknight is to murder enemy medics as much as possible.  It's a pick class, much like Sniper, and the main advantage is that you can charge round a corner towards the source of a medi-beam and take it out without getting a direct line of sight.

Pretty sure when Ster said that he was joking :P
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10657 on: November 17, 2014, 10:55:08 pm »

I just play Demoknight like I would play soldier, as a up front fighting class except with pipe bombs that can be used for indirect attacks as well as direct hits. Pipe bomb direct hits have crazy splash damage that can kill groups of most classes in two to three shots. Gotten tons of multi-kills by just lobbing pipe bombs towards the cart while lots of people were pushing it.

I love my grenade launcher.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10658 on: November 17, 2014, 11:02:15 pm »

Isn't that the whole point of the charging part?  You are able to suddenly deal a massive amount of damage to one player.  What else are you gonna use that for?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10659 on: November 18, 2014, 04:22:42 am »

I mostly use it for point blank attacks or area denial, given that I use the splendid screen (max charge damage at any range). I usually hit with a pipe bomb as they're falling to get the kill and move on. I melee the pain train for quickly pushing carts and capping points.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10660 on: November 18, 2014, 04:27:39 am »

What is this pipe bomb of which you speak?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10661 on: November 18, 2014, 08:14:14 am »

Isn't that the whole point of the charging part?  You are able to suddenly deal a massive amount of damage to one player.  What else are you gonna use that for?

More often than not, you'd use the charge as an escape tool. Is a soldier bombing in on you? Did a heavy just jump rev around a corner at you? Are two scouts about to run you over? Just turn around and CHARGE outta there. For the span of about a second and a half, you're the fastest class in the game, and you can remove yourself from situations that would ordinarily be unavoidably lethal.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10662 on: November 18, 2014, 08:33:19 am »

I guess you can do that, it's just that's a lot less fun than running in and removing heads

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10663 on: November 18, 2014, 08:41:51 am »

I guess you can do that, it's just that's a lot less fun than running in and removing heads

One other thing, if you happen to learn an arcane art known as 'trimping' then you can do some of the coolest stunts in TF2. I referenced a guy earlier named Craylash as a 'hero of spuf', his other pseudonym is Ireima, and he routinely does shit like this.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 war-themed hat simulator!
« Reply #10664 on: November 18, 2014, 01:35:51 pm »

Oh man, blood gulch in TF2? I mean, seems like it would be awful in a game with no vehicles, but that's funny.
Pages: 1 ... 709 710 [711] 712 713 ... 774