Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781547 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update! "G'day, Mr. Hale."
« Reply #10920 on: July 03, 2015, 02:00:33 am »

there's a particular hack that is pretty rampant due to the way it generates a unique hash when you buy it, which messes with how VAC works (I.E with a database of such things to avoid false positives, since those are very, very bad in a fully automated irreversible system like VAC)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10921 on: July 03, 2015, 02:25:05 am »

My ping is the devil. The goddamn DEVIL. I just want to play at around 40-50 ping, please, I can manage that. I can work around that. What I CAN'T handle is when I'm enjoying the game at a good ping, then it randomly spikes to 200-400+ for NO REASON.

I had to give up for today, because I really love Tf2 and I want to play it, but apparently TF2 has already decided that I don't deserve to play and I should just not even try.

I'm gonna have to get a new router or something, because that's actually where I'm sure the problem is. Just goddamn it, why does this have to happen during such a huge update?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10922 on: July 03, 2015, 03:39:10 am »

It might just be their servers being overloaded due to update hype.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10923 on: July 03, 2015, 04:20:26 am »

If their servers were causing the issue, everyone on it would be spiking to 200+.

Also yeah, I've been having (minor) fps issues from this update. Nothing unplayable, but a definite drop.

In buff/nerf news, the new Scorch Shot is great for sowing chaos amongst players, and is also fantastic at jumping now. You can now jump about as high as 2.5 jumps with it.

Natascha while having lower damage actually feels usable now as a tanky weapon with that 20% damage resistance. mmmmmm, I love that "resisted" hitsound.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10924 on: July 03, 2015, 05:26:13 am »

It looks like I have accidentally met Magma on one of the Gun Mettle servers :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10925 on: July 03, 2015, 05:52:16 am »

It looks like I have accidentally met Magma on one of the Gun Mettle servers :P
Actually I joined you.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10926 on: July 03, 2015, 02:18:59 pm »

Natascha while having lower damage actually feels usable now as a tanky weapon with that 20% damage resistance. mmmmmm, I love that "resisted" hitsound.

They gave that to the natascha, and then they gave the exact same thing to the brass beast, which was already better anyways.

But I haven't started it up because they're offering moar cheevmints for $6, and I'd rather do anything else.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #10927 on: July 03, 2015, 02:20:25 pm »

I think it's time for me to PTW this thread after being accused of hacking enough times. Because apparently it's impossible to perform a decent twitch shot without an aimbot. I feel proud of myself.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10928 on: July 03, 2015, 02:25:29 pm »

They gave that to the natascha, and then they gave the exact same thing to the brass beast, which was already better anyways.

But I haven't started it up because they're offering moar cheevmints for $6, and I'd rather do anything else.
Brass Beast has terrible mobility though.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #10929 on: July 03, 2015, 02:37:12 pm »

I think it's time for me to PTW this thread after being accused of hacking enough times. Because apparently it's impossible to perform a decent twitch shot without an aimbot. I feel proud of myself.
Sniper or scout?

Yeah, BB is just crippling.  It doesn't actually increase your damage in most cases because Heavy excels in close quarters and the BB is very awkward in CQC.  You have to think of yourself as this weird mobile turret.  Not worth it most of the time.

Brass Beast has terrible mobility though.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #10930 on: July 03, 2015, 03:09:31 pm »

Sniper or scout?
Any class with a single-fire hitscan weapon, really. Usually scout, but I once got a fun reaction as reserve shooter pyro:
Quote from: Opposing team's MVP
I will literally give you a hat if you kick Icy Tea right now. He's definitely cheating.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10931 on: July 03, 2015, 03:20:37 pm »

I used to be able to do that reliably, but that was 15+ years ago with 0 ping. (in other games, obviously)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 03:22:36 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10932 on: July 03, 2015, 04:19:21 pm »

i managed to sell a common skin shotgun for $4

hahaha

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10933 on: July 03, 2015, 04:34:22 pm »

Playing as an engineer, shot an enemy engineer alongside my sentry, stole his rescue ranger, repaired my sentry with it, and then picked up my shotty again to continue killing
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10934 on: July 03, 2015, 04:51:13 pm »

You can write a macro that aims for you as reserve shooter or flare pyro. Primary fire -> view up -> secondary fire -> secondary weapon -> primary fire

Twitch aim is something else entirely, since airblasting is more about knowing that the target will be in the same place every time, making it very hard to miss. I once played a round as degreaser pyro with my monitor off, swinging my axe constantly to hear when I was near a wall (and sometimes crouching and hitting the ground to make sure I wasn't looking straight up or down). I think the map was ctf_turbine, since it has such a basic layout. Then it was just a case of puffing around when I hear people, and if I get a hitsound, doing the combo. I actually killed a few doing this.
Pages: 1 ... 727 728 [729] 730 731 ... 774