Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781281 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update! "G'day, Mr. Hale."
« Reply #10935 on: July 04, 2015, 12:11:44 am »

Yes, none of the puff'n'sting combos are twitch shots. But when your foe smartly stays just outside flamethrower range and jumps around to be unpredictable, twitch-shooting with the reserve shooter is a good counter.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10936 on: July 06, 2015, 09:35:50 am »

I bought a campaign coin today, already completed both contracts with full bonus and got the same weapon twice

8/8 gr8 upd8 m8

e:
oh hey this weapon sells for eighty cents nice

TF2: Sell Mettle Update
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:38:38 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10937 on: July 06, 2015, 11:51:32 am »

The Loch and Load is still infuriating to fight against. Even without that damage bonus, it hits for ~100 at any range, because it still has no damage falloff! I hardly think that the loss of its 25% damage bonus is a nerf - properly it should have retained the damage bonus but gained damage falloff.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #10938 on: July 06, 2015, 11:58:54 am »

The Loch and Load is still infuriating to fight against. Even without that damage bonus, it hits for ~100 at any range, because it still has no damage falloff! I hardly think that the loss of its 25% damage bonus is a nerf - properly it should have retained the damage bonus but gained damage falloff.
Not much different from a demo who's mastered the stock grenade launcher. Don't think the stock has damage falloff either. LnL just has faster projectiles.

Eeeh. I guess giving pipes damage falloff wouldn't completely ruin them. Rockets have falloff, for example. Rockets are more straightforward to shoot and hit with than pipes though. Rockets explode instantly on contact with people and surfaces, grenades only explode instantly on direct hits with players. Rockets travel in a straight line, pipes have more of an arc. Etc.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10939 on: July 06, 2015, 01:39:30 pm »

>buy campaign coin for six euros
>do three campaigns in one day
>get two of the same weapon and a case
>sell one weapon and the case
>get 7 euros

soon i'll be a millionaire.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #10940 on: July 06, 2015, 03:09:53 pm »

yeah I got a strange out of a case

it's worth $16

i know have 20 dollars in my steam wallet

PROFIT

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10941 on: July 06, 2015, 03:12:11 pm »

haha wow you could buy a cheap game for that
totally worth the effort
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10942 on: July 06, 2015, 08:56:07 pm »

I'd have held onto that strange, if only for the collector's sentimentality because grabbing a strange is actually a rarity and everything in the Gun Mettle Update is finite in nature.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10943 on: July 06, 2015, 09:03:16 pm »

Not much different from a demo who's mastered the stock grenade launcher. Don't think the stock has damage falloff either. LnL just has faster projectiles.

Eeeh. I guess giving pipes damage falloff wouldn't completely ruin them. Rockets have falloff, for example. Rockets are more straightforward to shoot and hit with than pipes though. Rockets explode instantly on contact with people and surfaces, grenades only explode instantly on direct hits with players. Rockets travel in a straight line, pipes have more of an arc. Etc.

Hmm, true - but the increased projectile speed means that you can fire 100 damage nades at a much longer range, where a Soldier's rockets would probably be dealing 40 or so.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10944 on: July 06, 2015, 09:13:27 pm »

For the Gun Mettle update, I'm gonna hold on to my items (sold the first two before I thought of this) because since it's finite, the supply will dry up and the price will almost certainly go up.

Probably. :P
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10945 on: July 06, 2015, 10:38:11 pm »

I see the bazaar bargain is the new BFB.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10946 on: July 06, 2015, 10:39:07 pm »

I dig the new update. :D
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10947 on: July 06, 2015, 11:11:07 pm »

I see the bazaar bargain is the new BFB.

It's pretty bananas. You get up to 10 heads, and it feels like you're accidentally getting a full charge just waiting a couple seconds for someone to peek a corner. Even at like, 6 heads, it feels absurd. I don't know if it's really crazy OP or anything though, since it doesn't change anything that could've situationally been done with any other rifle. There's still a charge delay, so you can't do something really disgusting like scope a full bodyshot while fighting someone in close range, and normally it's functionally the same as encountering some sea turtle who's been hardscoped for 6 hours.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10948 on: July 07, 2015, 03:44:15 am »

Really wondering if I should unbox the next case I get. It might give me a nice strange that I don't have yet, but it might also be shit :x

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10949 on: July 07, 2015, 10:45:55 am »

Really wondering if I should unbox the next case I get. It might give me a nice strange that I don't have yet, but it might also be shit :x

Don't. Last I checked, cases are extremely valuable. Not sure if it's still true. Keep it until the supply is not coming in any longer. It'll slowly rise in value, like bread boxes.

EDIT: Apparently my non-crafteable non-tradable strange haunted nightmare hunter hat from 2014's halloween update is worth a key. Why does backpack.tf show the item worth if it isn't even tradeable :c
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:48:01 am by Iceblaster »
Pages: 1 ... 728 729 [730] 731 732 ... 774