Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781421 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update! "G'day, Mr. Hale."
« Reply #11145 on: August 14, 2015, 05:43:07 pm »

...I mean it is third on the list.  I don't think Valve has given up on TF2, what I suspect is the original developers who really understood it and loved it have moved on and its mostly a different team now.

I'm surprised Garry's Mod is so high on the list.  I mean I know people liked it I just assumed it was obscure.  Also surprised to see Civ 5 because even though its a good game a lot of people on the internet complain about it and it came out a while ago.  Then again a lot of people on the internet complain about newcom...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11146 on: August 14, 2015, 05:47:37 pm »

Skyrim's above GTAV.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11147 on: August 14, 2015, 05:49:44 pm »

Skyrim's above GTAV.
Unsurprising, considering the sheer masses of mods for Skyrim. Don't think GTAV can compare.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11148 on: August 14, 2015, 05:50:38 pm »

You generally want to be IN waiter sightlines, if you want your plates to be taken away after you've finished in a reasonable span of time.

Nah, I hide under my chair, or switch tables to be less predictable. If they do catch a glimpse, I have 260 milliseconds to lob a ketchup bottle at them.

Been playing a lot of soldier lately, and good god, the airstrike is broken. It's obnoxious enough to watch people float around like dinguses with the base jumper and vomit rockets everywhere, but even without using the fire rate gimmick, it feels like a straight upgrade. I decided to try it out, keeping gunboats on, and it really feels like cheating to have twice the ammo loaded as anything else. Level 3 sentry being furiously smacked by its engineer? You can just keep firing rockets. Jump on a dumb heavy, normally worried about about only having 3 rockets to do 300 damage? Nope, you have 7.

When I first saw Valve buffing it, I wrote it off as beggar's bazooka 2.0, only somehow less difficult to use, but I'm getting the horrifying feeling that it's my dreamboat. Taking even less damage from rocket jumping, being able to make something happen out of badly timed pub ubers (and good god the kritskrieg is gnarly), and having loads of ammo even after multiple jumps... it's bananas really. Still, I felt like such a scumbag using it, and I really can't wait for valve to nerf it. People using it with the base jumper is really starting to get my goat (they're obviously easy targets, but good luck seeing people looking upward in a pub), but that it's also better than default without it... not sure what Valve was thinking, they should've removed the extra ammo mechanic.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11149 on: August 14, 2015, 05:52:29 pm »

I'm fairly sure Robin Walker still works on TF2.
Making a game is different from understanding what makes it great, though (see: what happened to Minecraft)

I wonder where FO4 will place on the list...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11150 on: August 14, 2015, 09:36:16 pm »

You generally want to be IN waiter sightlines, if you want your plates to be taken away after you've finished in a reasonable span of time.

Nah, I hide under my chair, or switch tables to be less predictable. If they do catch a glimpse, I have 260 milliseconds to lob a ketchup bottle at them.

Been playing a lot of soldier lately, and good god, the airstrike is broken. It's obnoxious enough to watch people float around like dinguses with the base jumper and vomit rockets everywhere, but even without using the fire rate gimmick, it feels like a straight upgrade. I decided to try it out, keeping gunboats on, and it really feels like cheating to have twice the ammo loaded as anything else. Level 3 sentry being furiously smacked by its engineer? You can just keep firing rockets. Jump on a dumb heavy, normally worried about about only having 3 rockets to do 300 damage? Nope, you have 7.

When I first saw Valve buffing it, I wrote it off as beggar's bazooka 2.0, only somehow less difficult to use, but I'm getting the horrifying feeling that it's my dreamboat. Taking even less damage from rocket jumping, being able to make something happen out of badly timed pub ubers (and good god the kritskrieg is gnarly), and having loads of ammo even after multiple jumps... it's bananas really. Still, I felt like such a scumbag using it, and I really can't wait for valve to nerf it. People using it with the base jumper is really starting to get my goat (they're obviously easy targets, but good luck seeing people looking upward in a pub), but that it's also better than default without it... not sure what Valve was thinking, they should've removed the extra ammo mechanic.

I love the air strike + Parachute combo... I mean, not PLAYING it, I main the DH so duck hunting them equals tons of easy airshots.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11151 on: August 14, 2015, 10:42:02 pm »

The Air Strike is a little broken if there's no decent direct hit soldiers or snipers about. An airstrike / base jumper soldier is at pretty serious risk of being shot out of the sky by either if they spend more than a few seconds floating.
Of course, in pubs... how many top tier snipers and direct hit soldiers are about?

Speaking of which, I was medic buddying while we waited for the heavy to make his way back to the centre of the map on ctf_well. Soldier jumped in to try and bomb the medic, got one rocket off, missed, and on reflex i hit M2. I reflected his direct hit rocket straight back into him, minicritting him for 142, which coupled with the self damage from the jump and the fall damage from being knocked so far away, he died. I stopped for a second and just sorta gawked at the spectacle that had just occurred, and the medic jumped up and down and hammered Z+2. What a glorious incident.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11152 on: August 14, 2015, 10:50:33 pm »

The Air Strike is a little broken if there's no decent direct hit soldiers or snipers about. An airstrike / base jumper soldier is at pretty serious risk of being shot out of the sky by either if they spend more than a few seconds floating.
Of course, in pubs... how many top tier snipers and direct hit soldiers are about?
Don't forget demomen. Pipes can airshot too.

...could probably airshot with stickies too. Would be hellaciously more difficult than pipes though.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11153 on: August 14, 2015, 11:02:25 pm »

Don't forget demomen. Pipes can airshot too.

...could probably airshot with stickies too. Would be hellaciously more difficult than pipes though.

Dub Donks
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11154 on: August 14, 2015, 11:04:36 pm »

Speaking of which, I was medic buddying while we waited for the heavy to make his way back to the centre of the map on ctf_well. Soldier jumped in to try and bomb the medic, got one rocket off, missed, and on reflex i hit M2. I reflected his direct hit rocket straight back into him, minicritting him for 142, which coupled with the self damage from the jump and the fall damage from being knocked so far away, he died. I stopped for a second and just sorta gawked at the spectacle that had just occurred, and the medic jumped up and down and hammered Z+2. What a glorious incident.

Reflect airshots are just the best feeling in the world. (and not to be a pedant, but minicrit direct hit rockets deal 152 damage minimum, maximum is 189 {unless you were talking about a 'direct' 'hit' from a regular rocket, which definitely can deal 142 at a specific range})

I remember one of the few times I picked up stock pyro in order to help a bud complete a contract, I reflect a rocket, pop a soldier into the air, reflect his next rocket for the reflect airshot. Please suck it SiN frag videos.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11155 on: August 14, 2015, 11:05:04 pm »

Dub Donks
Those are a type of pipe projectile. Admittedly getting dubba donks is also harder than just straight direct hits with pipes, but still.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11156 on: August 15, 2015, 12:36:31 am »

Reflect airshots are just the best feeling in the world. (and not to be a pedant, but minicrit direct hit rockets deal 152 damage minimum, maximum is 189 {unless you were talking about a 'direct' 'hit' from a regular rocket, which definitely can deal 142 at a specific range})

I remember one of the few times I picked up stock pyro in order to help a bud complete a contract, I reflect a rocket, pop a soldier into the air, reflect his next rocket for the reflect airshot. Please suck it SiN frag videos.

Oh. It definitely seemed fast.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11157 on: August 15, 2015, 01:51:59 am »

In other news, Max Box, the guy behind the LMAOBOX cheating software has apparently vowed to give up cheating forever:

https://youtube.com/watch?&v=d44os2dUM_A

My impression is that he seems sincere, but we'll have to see if he truly follows through on it, especially since LMAOBOX is still available for download.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11158 on: August 15, 2015, 02:16:50 am »

He's not the owner or the person who writes the software, he just uses it (or rather a variant of it). It's just a guy who makes videos deciding to make different videos, so he can stream on twitch.

Edit: Oh, wait, it this the same guy? Like, as this?
Edit2.0: Nope, just some guy who makes videos.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:54:30 pm by UrbanGiraffe »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11159 on: August 15, 2015, 04:01:19 am »

Getting impossible reflects on instinct is always a good feeling. I mean, what's better than reflecting a kritzkrieged soldier's rocket and killing him, leaving the medic standing around awkwardly?
I just wish valve servers had a good way to record demos, but P-rec doesn't really work since you have to enable it beforehand.

Also, whenever I play soldier, which isn't often, I almost always play dh soldier. I usually do it when there's a sentry somewhere that's hard to hit with pipes or stickies, but yesterday I got fifteen kills and nine assists without a single death with it on frontier second (the really shitty part where the cart blocks your path while you're pushing it up, giving red free potshots at you)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 742 743 [744] 745 746 ... 774