Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781619 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update! "G'day, Mr. Hale."
« Reply #11160 on: August 15, 2015, 04:28:24 am »

He's not the owner or the person who writes the software, he just uses it (or rather a variant of it). It's a just guy who makes videos deciding to make different videos, so he can stream on twitch.

Edit: Oh, wait, it this the same guy? Like, as this?
Edit2.0: Nope, just some guy who makes videos.

My bad, I thought it was THE guy. I'm significantly less impressed now.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11161 on: August 15, 2015, 12:59:39 pm »

Can't you record your last life when you die?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11162 on: August 15, 2015, 01:00:49 pm »

Can't you record your last life when you die?
On some servers, not all servers.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11163 on: August 16, 2015, 04:15:47 am »

I'd just like to note that somebody made an orchestral version of the Rocket Jump Waltz.

E:
Also, I'm a single contract away from a silver campaign coin. I've been obsessively completing contracts with full bonus.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 07:06:54 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #11164 on: August 16, 2015, 03:42:14 pm »

I'd just like to note that somebody made an orchestral version of the Rocket Jump Waltz.

Just listened to that yesterday, a pretty well done work.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11165 on: August 18, 2015, 07:23:20 pm »

Valve released a new game mode: Pass Time, it's bassically TF2 meets Blood Bowl.

EDIT: It's incredibly fun, until there's an engineer.

EDITEDIT: Well, people figured out you can delete the ball with a Short Circuit. You can only reset the ball by waiting for the end of the match (10 mins or such), or by voting Team Scramble (only available every 15 minutes). Griefers are having the time of their life.

EDITEDITEDIT: Sudden Death mode for tiebreakers. Idlers need to be votekicked.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 08:14:44 pm by MagmaMcFry »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11166 on: August 19, 2015, 03:17:26 am »

Is valve ever going to finish one of their three beta modes instead of releasing new ones? :P

E:
Woo, silver campaign coin! My obsessive full-bonus completing of all contracts is finally sort of paying off maybe!

E2:
man, i feel like this new mode could be loads of fun.
there's no way to know, though, since the teams consist of 12 engies on both sides.

E3:
I have found an alternate name for this map: pass_sightlines

E4:
Controlling all of mid with a single lvl3 sentry in a hidden corner is pretty funny, though.

E5:
Alright, its just way too fun.

E6:
This is the most fun ive had in TF2 in a long time.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:05:17 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11167 on: August 24, 2015, 02:45:16 pm »

Interesting new game mode. I haven't had a chance to try it, but it looks good.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11168 on: August 24, 2015, 02:57:07 pm »

EEEEE
Just reached 7500 kills on my ft <3

Love that thing, I really hope Valve makes it viable.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11169 on: August 24, 2015, 04:32:05 pm »

EEEEE

Ft? Flamethrower? Pretty sure it's already viable. :p
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11170 on: August 24, 2015, 05:06:11 pm »

I, too, am not sure what weapon you're referring to. I even went through the list on the wiki and could find anything else that would reasonably acronymise down to ft.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11171 on: August 24, 2015, 06:09:33 pm »

Yeah, I ment flamethrower. And it's just sort of dwarfed by the degreaser as far as flamethrowers go, especially in comp (which I am interested in). Just sort of hoping that valve'll rebalance some things so I don't have to abandon the kills I've worked up over the years on this thing. I've had it for a long time, traded my vintage flare gun and backburner for it in an attempt to break bad pyro habits (back when backburner had +10% damage and no airblast).

And honestly, I see the appeal of the degreaser, faster switch allows you to harass sollies and demos much more safely.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11172 on: August 24, 2015, 06:24:48 pm »

EEEEE

Ft? Flamethrower? Pretty sure it's already viable. :p

Let's compare it to the degreaser, if degreaser was stock and stock wasn't.

Old stock flamethrower vs degreaser:

-65% weapon switch speed
+10% damage bonus
+25% afterburn damage bonus

That sounds kind of weak for the upsides it has over the degreaser, with a whopping penalty for slightly higher damage and afterburn, plus the Degreaser's damage penalty doesn't really affect it overly much.

I've been trying to use stock flamethrower and stock shotgun. It's proving quite fun!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11173 on: August 24, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »

Afterburn especially isn't very useful in comp: pyros and medics nullify it with ease. (and even then, it's down to 45 damage from 60, which isn't really that much, nor much of a trade-off for easy 90 damage flare punches)

I can use flare gun pretty decently, I just find shotty and especially reserve shooter (which is broken and sadly banned in comp) very fun to use. I just love the shotty, but rescue ranger and flare gun are trying to lure me away. Detonator jumps seem fun, but I can't get the hang of blast jumping with any class (I guess my sentry jumps aren't bad and I actually feel like I can improve there, but there's a reason "engie rollout" doesn't mean the same thing as "soldier rollout" :P)

E: Also i55 and DeutschLAN soon, get hype!

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11174 on: August 24, 2015, 06:51:18 pm »

I was about to say that you shouldn't care about stranges and just use the degreaser (most likely accompanied by the usual "pyro sucks play a weal cwass" etc.), but I actually think there's some hope that the degreaser will get nerfed eventually (and by eventually I mean within around 2-5 years). The accumulated hatred towards puff'n'string pyros over the last 5 years should be reaching the point where an awareness of how dumb it is may be brewing within whatever intern Valve employs who's played the game in the last decade, who's been the most plausible source of the other recent changes.

If it does get nerfed then the stock flamethrower would be a likely replacement in highlander, and you may just get to bask in the glory of that moderate kill count in an environment where most of the players have cl_spec_carrieditems 0 in their autoexec.
Pages: 1 ... 743 744 [745] 746 747 ... 774