Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781718 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: The INVASION Update! "Over a (light)year in the making!"
« Reply #11220 on: October 20, 2015, 12:41:07 am »

Quote from: miauw62
+Ragnar the Red it's "but hol", the space provides an essential contrast with the packed rest of the sentence and gives the reader a chance to catch their sides before they reach escape velocity.

ayy lmiauw
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11221 on: October 28, 2015, 06:59:25 pm »

Scream fortress update.

No changes, just maps and cosmetics.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11222 on: October 28, 2015, 08:51:29 pm »

And a good comic.

I'm honestly OK with them prioritizing the full game over the seasonal stuff.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11223 on: October 29, 2015, 01:51:36 am »

Tbh, I'm hype for gorge event, gorge is one of my favorite maps.

E: also, the comic is pretty sweet this year.
Items of halloweens past probably isn't, though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 02:06:50 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11224 on: October 29, 2015, 02:17:05 am »

Four maps, and atleast two good ones!

That comic is gutbustingly funny btw.

I can't wait until Virginia servers stopped being glitched so they actually activate missions!

EDIT: Also there's either a glitch or nondocumented change in that the Flare Gun now only minicrits burning targets. And that the Cuban Bristle Crisis can now be worn by the soldier and engie.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 05:09:23 am by JoshuaFH »

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: SCREAAAMMM FORTRESS VII! "Souls go here"
« Reply #11225 on: October 29, 2015, 09:01:43 am »

So I'm just getting started with this crazy game.  Are there any servers that Bay12ers tend to hang out on?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11226 on: October 29, 2015, 09:20:59 am »

So I'm just getting started with this crazy game.  Are there any servers that Bay12ers tend to hang out on?

There's no dedicated Bay12 server, atleast I don't think there is. Your best bet is to just friend people over steam and play games with them in public servers.

Me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029099955/

I'll show you the ropes if you have questions, I just regret that I'm asleep during most of America's daylight hours so I don't get to play with non-Russian non-Chinese people as much as I like to.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11227 on: October 29, 2015, 10:58:15 am »

I'd say hit me up if you want to play, but I live in Europe so the ping might be a bit of a problem.
I'm Operand on steam, same avatar.

also rip in merasmeronis flare gun ;-;7

really though how am i supposed to enjoy scream fortress if i can't hit people midair with mad flairshots.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 11:02:43 am by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11228 on: October 29, 2015, 02:38:27 pm »

I don't think that would be possible, since a few Bay12ers live in Europe, and me and Reudh lives in Hell.

Maybe in the future, when the internet doesn't suck...
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11229 on: October 29, 2015, 02:54:37 pm »

if you're just starting out you might want to just stick to valve servers.
beyond the four or so pubstompers present in every one of them (sorry!) they're pretty good.

also, you generally don't want to ditch your primary for another weapon, all of the primary weapons are pretty good (except for the flamethrower, i guess).
gamesense (even in pubs) and map knowledge are very important in tf2; the only way to improve in these is to play the game. individual class skills are pretty intuitive if you really think about them, so if you dont know what youre doing wrong, try to think. if you still don't know, ask!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11230 on: October 29, 2015, 02:59:03 pm »

I'd say hit me up if you want to play, but I live in Europe so the ping might be a bit of a problem.
I'm Operand on steam, same avatar.

also rip in merasmeronis flare gun ;-;7

really though how am i supposed to enjoy scream fortress if i can't hit people midair with mad flairshots.
oh god did they nerf scorch D:
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11231 on: October 29, 2015, 03:53:00 pm »

There's no dedicated Bay12 server, atleast I don't think there is. Your best bet is to just friend people over steam and play games with them in public servers.

Me: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198029099955/

I'll show you the ropes if you have questions, I just regret that I'm asleep during most of America's daylight hours so I don't get to play with non-Russian non-Chinese people as much as I like to.
That's cool.  I pretty much only game late at night anyway.  Like after midnight Central US time.
Me: http://steamcommunity.com//id/shakerag/

I used to play the hell out of Team Fortress Classic to the point that I could see 2fort in my dreams.  This feels pretty similar, but different.  I noticed the lack of grenades on each class right away.  I am saddened that I can't suicide into everyone with a primed EMP grenade anymore  :(

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11232 on: October 29, 2015, 03:57:38 pm »

Guys don't panic, the flares and scorchs weren't nerfed. It's a glitch. Minicrits and crits are being weird right now. On related matter, you can now piss off ally snipers by jarating enemies, overwriting the headshot crit with minicrits.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11233 on: October 29, 2015, 04:04:37 pm »

Guys don't panic, the flares and scorchs weren't nerfed. It's a glitch. Minicrits and crits are being weird right now. On related matter, you can now piss off ally snipers by jarating enemies, overwriting the headshot crit with minicrits.
*defensively drinks crit-a-cola*/*charges enemy snipers with the GRU equipped"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11234 on: October 29, 2015, 04:16:47 pm »

SiN Fan O War griefing vid in 3... 2... 1...

Also grenades would make this game really, really spammy. I think Valve tried to make every class unique, so you can't jump across the map or throw projectiles around corners as every class :P

Pages: 1 ... 747 748 [749] 750 751 ... 774