Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 777862 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: SCREAAAMMM FORTRESS VII! "Souls go here"
« Reply #11235 on: October 29, 2015, 04:26:16 pm »

SiN Fan O War griefing vid in 3... 2... 1...

Also grenades would make this game really, really spammy. I think Valve tried to make every class unique, so you can't jump across the map or throw projectiles around corners as every class :P
Check out Team Fortress Classic gameplay videos. Grenade spamming is a part of the game's meta.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: October 30, 2015, 01:43:58 am »

This is the main reason why the Demoman is the DPS.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11237 on: October 30, 2015, 04:37:02 am »

This is the main reason why the Demoman is the DPS.

Yeah, he gets 4x 100 direct damage grenades, plus 8x 60-90 damage stickybombs. If Demo's going for spam rather than traps, then put it this way: 12 shots to a Soldier's max of 8 with the much maligned (and banned in comp) Air Strike. He's also reliable across more range than Heavy (who needs to be at point blank to deal huge damage, but deals pitiful damage otherwise), Pyro (who needs to be at point blank to deal moderate damage, but is poor at range otherwise), Scout (who needs to be at point blank to deal huge damage, but can pester with a pistol at long range), Soldier (who needs to be at close-to-mid range to deal huge damage, but is poor at long range).

When you look at the class from a fundamental range:damage perspective, Demoman is a clear winner in everything except close range, and the other classes can fill in for that.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: October 30, 2015, 06:22:46 am »

Stickybomb Launcher can actually OHKO light classes with a single perfectly placed sticky, but those moments are rare so the 60-90~ approximation is good enough.

I actually have my Gold Botkiller SBL named after the date that the SBL nerfs were reverted, so it'll never be forgotten by my exploding foes.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: October 30, 2015, 08:10:56 am »

Stickybomb Launcher can actually OHKO light classes with a single perfectly placed sticky, but those moments are rare so the 60-90~ approximation is good enough.

I actually have my Gold Botkiller SBL named after the date that the SBL nerfs were reverted, so it'll never be forgotten by my exploding foes.

I usually hit about 75-80 with my sticky launcher. Airdets 2stronk even now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11240 on: October 30, 2015, 10:04:48 am »

Demoman is theoretically the best class, but after the airdet nerfs his role in 6v6 has diminished a little.
In the current meta, Scout is the best class IIRC.
Sure, you need to be close, but that's not really hard to do when you're the fastest class in the game and can rather easily dodge most shots.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: October 30, 2015, 04:12:41 pm »

Main reason for demoman's massive DPS is the lack of any damage falloff. It's strange that rockets have such extreme falloff and rampup while grenades and stickies have none, but it makes sense in consideration with rocket jumping and demoman being more limited in mid-fight movement. The only part of it that bothers me is demoknight still getting one of the best weapons in the game while also getting all the amenities of the shield. Still not better than the sticky launcher, but that doesn't make demoknight a less stupid thing to get killed by.

I'm not sure about scout being the best (at least at combat) in 6v6. It's vital to have them to exploit opportunities, find out what the other team's doing, and for cap time, but evading becomes much more difficult at the higher levels (though in pubs it's possible to go on a total rampage just knowing simple airstrafing and jump control). The really sick moments in competitive as scout are all about taking advantage of someone having no ammo loaded or being too distracted (so you're safe to roll over them). And killing the other scouts, that's the biggest thing really (which is kind of weird, that scouts mostly exist to kill the enemy scouts). Scout was just about all I played when I did comp and tournaments, but that was like 2+ years ago, so maybe it has changed.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: October 30, 2015, 04:28:38 pm »

I don't play scout nor sixes, so this is just hearsay and things I've read on r/truetf2.
Scout is less relevant in highlander, where the meta is "sniper" :P

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: October 30, 2015, 09:37:41 pm »

*continues happily pyroing*
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: October 30, 2015, 09:54:54 pm »

I can't wait for matchmaking to hit, I'm thinking it'll completely revolutionize the game.

Plus the lower ranks are gonna be pure hilarity as phlog pyros and demoknights steamroll the matchmakin babies.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11245 on: October 30, 2015, 10:26:42 pm »

I can't wait for matchmaking to hit, I'm thinking it'll completely revolutionize the game.

Plus the lower ranks are gonna be pure hilarity as phlog pyros and demoknights steamroll the matchmakin babies.
It'd make finding a server to play on easier, I hope.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11246 on: October 30, 2015, 11:06:01 pm »

I personally prefer cannonknights. It's such fun knocking people around with the cannon before charging into them with the Splendid Screen and Half-Zatoichi.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11247 on: October 31, 2015, 12:53:52 am »

Eh.  Its going to probably either mirror the comp meta already in play (only worse because none of the broken weapons can be banned), or it will be similar to how MvM became after like three months (a bunch of kick happy my-way-or-highway meta sods).
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: October 31, 2015, 03:27:30 am »

MvM isn't ranked and everything implies that this will be.
I'm more worried about playing sixes with three snipers, a spy, a pyro and an engineer, and the presence of random crits and bullshit weapons such as the air strike, phlog and half-zaitochi.
That said, if it's ranked the game will only be shitty for new players due to sandbaggers. Higher levels would probably be OK. And lobbies will still exist, even though I don't like tf2center.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11249 on: November 04, 2015, 02:18:09 am »

There is an update that has finally removed the ability of taunts to allow pre-round movement. And official truces so both teams can fight Monoculus and Merasmus in solidarity.

I honestly hate the Halloween maps, the spells, bosses, pumpkins, skeletons, ghosts, all if it is outrageously stupid and gimmicky BS that interferes with balance and prevents actual fun.
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 774