Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781595 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: Tough break update! Merry Smissmas everyone!
« Reply #11310 on: January 22, 2016, 10:43:48 am »

well yeah you can shotgun a scout but he also has a shotgun except it's better and he is faster and can double jump.

if you think pyro is op you're just bad at the game tbh. any class by circlestrafing, this is countered by not putting your sentry in a place where enemies can jump on it. pyro has worse dps than a lot of classes except with a range restriction (to the point where pyros have to rely heavily on their secondaries for both burst damage and range). flame particles aren't even as easy to aim against good players as people make them out to be.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11311 on: January 22, 2016, 09:23:09 pm »

One thing I've found with W+M1 pyros is that I think they have some kind of an effect similar to aircraft approaching the sound barrier, where there can be a dense group of particles in front of them while they're moving forward. It's the best explanation I have for that instant burst of like 80-100 damage you'll sometimes get from them on the very edge of their range, while the actual damage per second seems much lower. It may have something to do with how the particles inherit (or don't inherit) velocity from walking speed.

But pyro is for all purposes either a weaker and more forgiving scout or a less effective soldier. I'd rather valve just cut their losses and accept that the flamethrowers are too annoying to buff and should be made less so, even if the class is weak.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11312 on: January 22, 2016, 09:46:46 pm »

pyro is more versatile soldier. 1v1 me rocketspamming skrub
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11313 on: January 22, 2016, 10:42:23 pm »

One thing I've found with W+M1 pyros is that I think they have some kind of an effect similar to aircraft approaching the sound barrier, where there can be a dense group of particles in front of them while they're moving forward. It's the best explanation I have for that instant burst of like 80-100 damage you'll sometimes get from them on the very edge of their range, while the actual damage per second seems much lower. It may have something to do with how the particles inherit (or don't inherit) velocity from walking speed.

But pyro is for all purposes either a weaker and more forgiving scout or a less effective soldier. I'd rather valve just cut their losses and accept that the flamethrowers are too annoying to buff and should be made less so, even if the class is weak.

You are right. It's for this reason that a W+M1 pyro will generally lose out to a S+M1 pyro, as the particles are trailing "behind" instead of bunching around due to forward momentum.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11314 on: January 22, 2016, 11:34:14 pm »

Some videos I've found on pyro flamethrower mechanics.

3 (flamethrower mojo)
4 (flamethrower mojo 2)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 11:36:23 pm by Spehss _ »
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #11315 on: January 22, 2016, 11:34:23 pm »

You are right. It's for this reason that a W+M1 pyro will generally lose out to a S+M1 pyro, as the particles are trailing "behind" instead of bunching around due to forward momentum.
See? It's a tactical class.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11316 on: January 23, 2016, 06:44:24 pm »

That's like saying a Heavy is a tactical class because you want to catch people around corners.  Or demoknight is a tactical class because you have to surprise or outplay people to accomplish anything.

Sure that's tactics, but that's not the same thing as being good.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11317 on: January 23, 2016, 07:37:33 pm »

So I just found my last post here and want to retract it. I wass playing late-night on a public server and the pyro in question was a pro seal clubber with two pocket medics (1 kritz, 1 uber). So yeah, he was shitting all over everyone but the tactical heavy.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11318 on: January 24, 2016, 09:19:24 am »

So I just found my last post here and want to retract it. I wass playing late-night on a public server and the pyro in question was a pro seal clubber with two pocket medics (1 kritz, 1 uber). So yeah, he was shitting all over everyone but the tactical heavy.

The post in question:

Pyros in general are fucking ridiculous lately. Anything but a rocketjumping soldier or spinning heavy just dies, almost instantly.

I don't remember pyro being so much of a "kill at maximum range or die" class in the past.
Now all I see anywhere are pyros with medics popping uber and face ducking 4-sentry enginests, or lone back-burners charging L2 sentries from max range and killing it.

but I understand man, one of my most traumatizing experiences in TF2 was when I accidentally met "Satan", one of the best (if not *THE BEST*) pyro mains in the world, just hanging out on a 24/7 Harvest server. He proceeded to easily dominate literally every single person on my team and then peaced out like it was no big deal. The joke of the day was 'hold on, converting to Satanism' just because of how frigging mystical his mastery of the class was, it was unreal.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11319 on: January 28, 2016, 08:01:21 am »

There's an official TF2 Matchmaking Beta steam group:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tfcompetitive

Get in, and maybe, JUST MAYBE, get a beta matchmaking pass.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11320 on: January 28, 2016, 12:03:10 pm »

H Y P E
Y
P
E

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11321 on: February 18, 2016, 07:31:34 pm »

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11322 on: February 18, 2016, 08:16:02 pm »

Installed Steam Guard on my shitty mobile phone (which is likely infected with at least a keylogger or something that now knows my Steam password), just because I want to get into that beta. GG valve, top security.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11323 on: February 18, 2016, 08:24:01 pm »

I lost interest in their silly beta.  I refuse to use their worthless phone authorization.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11324 on: March 01, 2016, 11:04:06 am »

New update! KILL SOUNDS ARE THE BEST!

While stranges let me know in hindsight how great I'm doing, and Killstreaks let me know in the moment with a visual confirmation, what I've always needed was audio validation that some guy just got put into the respawn timer. It's the one thing I've always wanted so badly, especially since the feature was already in the game with the achievement tracker feature. Honestly why it took so long is beyond me, but nebber bate than lever.

I'm enjoying Percussion the most, but Beepo is a strong contender. I'm not sure if it's possible to put in custom ones, but that will be high on my priorities to do if I can.

Oh and the audio confirmation on heal with the Xbow is cool too...
Pages: 1 ... 753 754 [755] 756 757 ... 774