Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781157 times)

thebmw94

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

"Disguised Spies no longer trigger On-Hit effects (like the Blutsauger's heal)."
So they are baisically saying short of firing two clips worth of ammo into everyone you see no class but the pyro should be able to kill spies? Also on hit effects? Can't they be more specific, surely setting on fire is an on hit effect so are pyros useless against spies now?

In this case, On-Hit effects are effects that would indicate that the disguised Spy is an enemy, excluding the Flamethrower.  For example, an old trick of mine was to shoot a few Blutsauger shots into a suspected Spy.  If I got the +3 health from him (which pops up regardless of health), he was obviously a Spy, and I would quickly smack him with my Ubersaw.  Other effects might include Natascha's slowdown effect and the Force-a-Nature's knockback effect, although I can't confirm anything as I haven't played the update yet.

On that note, if you think someone's a Spy, just smack him a bit with a melee weapon.  It will take two hits at the worst to kill him, so just close the distance and kill him.  Of course, you have to account for him dropping his disguise and just shooting you, in which case you should back off and fire back at him.  Even if you don't kill him, he'll leave to recover, meaning you'll be ready for him the next time.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile

lets be honest it was a good thing, medics were damn hard to hit and if you hit a heavy the medic would just grab someone else. Also why shouldn't the fan juggle ubers? Are they planning to remove the pyros airblast juggling ubers too? Hey while were over powering ubers let just make them effect the entire team ... and combine the two different types ... and make them last 9 hours ... and take a second to charge ... and also detonate a nuke.
FaN never juggled ubers, but it juggled people just like AB does. As in you could shoot them up and up and up and up and up. You can't do that anymore with FaN, that just kills the only utility it had.

And yeah, the sandman was the only weapon that could do something to ubers other than AB and a decent demo with stickies... A well placed sandman stun, which was hard as fuck to do, could save an ending match. Now they fucked up the sandman and gave it a worse drawback.

So... FaN and Sandman, which were almost never used and generally hated by the playerbase... will never be used again.

Thanks.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

So... FaN and Sandman, which were almost never used and generally hated by the playerbase... will never be used again.
I'm still gonna use 'em.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

VALVE RUINED EVERYTHING!
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have to disagree on that. I think both of them were more or less overpowered and that's why they were hated. Especially the Sandman, lately I even stopped killing people that I stunned because it just felt so cheap. Scoring hits with the sandman is surprisingly easy, so I think the change is for the better, now at 90 health (with double jump) you really need some dodging and stunning skills to have a chance. Though I'm a bit dubious about the 75% damage, I've managed to kill a number of lonely heavies with the 50% stun without breaking a sweat and I think that causes enough raging. At least they'll keep revved up now.

And the FaN, I've never liked it myself and it really was useless for a long time, but since Valve beefed it's damage by 20% some time ago it became a relevant substitute for the scattergun even in competitive play. I don't think the changes make it much less useful as it's still pretty much one-clip-in-a-bit-over-a-second-kill.

The only gripe I have with this update is that I never got the "Big Hurt" achievement in time.

Ramble ramble.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile

Pistol now fires at a fixed rate, not based on the speed at which you press the firing button.

Sappers attached to a teleporter automatically place another Sapper on the other end of the teleporter, if it exists.

Engineers wrenching a teleporter will repair the other end as well, and remove Sappers from both if they exist.

Everything about Force-a-Nature

Everything about Sandman

brb RAGE
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

Pistol now fires at a fixed rate, not based on the speed at which you press the firing button.
I don't mind this too much, it'll stop those damned scripters

Sappers attached to a teleporter automatically place another Sapper on the other end of the teleporter, if it exists.
Engineers wrenching a teleporter will repair the other end as well, and remove Sappers from both if they exist.
These two just cancled eaceh other out didn't they? ;D

Everything about Force-a-Nature
Good, that thing was way to OP
Everything about Sandman
And yeah, this is also good, and lol at the -30 max health, scouts will be even easier to murder now :D

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Oh yum hum.  My 120 HP scout that can't jump and can't stop ubers will kick your butt.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Oh yum hum.  My 120 HP scout that can't jump and can't stop ubers will kick your butt.
He can jump twice now. And they are still as lethal as before.

"Oh, hello, I'm sorry, you won't be able to shoot me on account of being behind a wall. I'm sure these FAN rounds will cheer you up."

And I dunno about Ubers. They are kinda necessary to take down some defensive areas. I want them to remain a viable way of making sure no defense is totally and completely foolproof. Not to mention people might stop scout rushing like the bastards they are.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

I like agree dood.  SCOUT WAS/IS MY FAVORITE CLASS.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

Still, the stun ball was not easy to use. One could say that balanced it, but there was wayyy too many stuns outside of their LOS for my taste. Or the five times I saw somebody get hit at spawn from a ball from the other side of the map.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Onlyhestands

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

YES! No more cheatin scripters.
What if you didn't have any genitals, couldn't you just go naked as a dude (because showing your nipples is okay)?
What if monkeys created civilizations on the moon?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile

Cool beans. I hate scouts. Hope they all burn in hell. Also glad to see they fixed the pistol thing.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile

Everybody hates me! 

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

These two just cancled eaceh other out didn't they? ;D
Your gonna cry when you find out how hard it is to destroy teleporters as a spy now.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 774