Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774

Author Topic: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator  (Read 781699 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Team Fortress 2: World's #1 War-Based Hat Simulator
« Reply #11580 on: October 21, 2017, 01:52:53 am »

JESUS CHRIST is the airblast powerful now. "Airblast made slightly stronger" my ass. I'm fucking hurdled 10-20 yards away when a pyro gets a good blast on me, and it's disorienting as hell. And if they don't pop me into the air, I just slide along the ground like the ground just suddenly became an ice rink.

And while I believe it might simply be the improvements to flame's hit detection, direct flaming is just goddamn powerful now. The Dragon's Fury consecutive shots is incredible DPS as well, melting my fully overhealed heavy pockets in seconds. Moreover, the fast consecutive shots deals good damage to buildings too.

Moreover, and I can't tell if it was just me making a mistake or not because I wasn't recording my footage, but a pyro's crits melted right through my flame resistant vaccinator bubble, which should have rendered me immune to the crits, but I died to the crit damage regardless. I'm so mystified as to what happened.

So yeah, for years I took the pyro to almost be something of a joke class that existed to feed my stranges, but now I might actually have to take them seriously from now on.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11581 on: October 21, 2017, 10:35:17 am »

I've gotten 100 points on the Gas Passer contract, but haven't finished the bonus objectives, and Valve took my loaned Gas Passer away, so now I can't reselect this contract because I'd only have the option to turn it in. This means I have to complete that contract by igniting people covered in gas by my teammates, and you can imagine that I'm making very slow progress because the Gas Passer sucks and nobody wants to use it except for their own contract.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11582 on: October 21, 2017, 10:39:34 am »

You can turn contracts in and still complete the bonuses now. So there's no reason not to turn it in, get your Gas Passer, and then finish up the bonuses. It's not 'Turn it in and you're done' like it was before.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11583 on: October 21, 2017, 12:01:39 pm »

The Direct Hit, Kritzkrieg, and Force-a-Nature are ineligible for paint jobs... how can you live with yourselves, Valve?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11584 on: October 21, 2017, 01:07:52 pm »

Look at you guys, able to join a matchmaking game, still doesn't work for me.... unless you don't need to be on a valve server to do contracts anymore?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11585 on: October 21, 2017, 03:57:40 pm »

Matchmaking still works, you just need to wait 10-30 minutes, and you'll have to stay in that server to avoid having to requeue.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11586 on: October 21, 2017, 04:32:44 pm »

is it just me, or does this happen everytime valve does a major update?

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11587 on: October 21, 2017, 05:48:26 pm »

Yeah it happens.

Also I've noticed now that autobalance was absent from the update, and that's actually the only thing I actually wanted TF2 to have an update for.

E: Also shorter waiting times between matches, also Valve servers in the server browser.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:36:07 am by MagmaMcFry »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #11588 on: October 23, 2017, 01:11:48 pm »

On a scale of 1 to 0 was the update worth the weight?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11589 on: October 23, 2017, 01:50:33 pm »

On a scale of 1 to 0 was the update worth the weight?

0, heavy is on a path to be less heavy with all these bananas.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #11590 on: October 23, 2017, 06:40:44 pm »

What about the cheese?

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11591 on: October 24, 2017, 04:21:14 am »

Yeah, I just can't get into a game at all. I can still join community servers, but the Aus ones are all shit, they're either ad-heavy or are 24/7 hightower. Last time I tried I queued for 54 minutes, no game.

Come on Valve, I really, really want to play Jungle Inferno!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11592 on: October 24, 2017, 01:38:09 pm »

What about the cheese?

I painted my black box to be like a cow but unlike a real cow it seems unable to produce milk/cheese.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #11593 on: October 24, 2017, 02:18:05 pm »

Yeah, I just can't get into a game at all. I can still join community servers, but the Aus ones are all shit, they're either ad-heavy or are 24/7 hightower. Last time I tried I queued for 54 minutes, no game.

Come on Valve, I really, really want to play Jungle Inferno!
Did they ever deal with the roving band of australian hackers I kept hearing about?

Also, its kind of funny the Australian servers suck.  Maybe if they had fixed that Muselk wouldn't have moved on to Overwatch and given their competitor a bunch of free advertising...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11594 on: October 24, 2017, 03:07:44 pm »

Maybe Muselk wouldn't have moved on to Overwatch

It was inevitable
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 771 772 [773] 774