Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Evolution - Remastered Turn 3 - WIN!...but mostly fail... - 1 Spot Open  (Read 15132 times)

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile

Hi, i have found myself with an unusual amount of spare time lately, so i thought that seeing as there is no Evolution games running anymore, I should start one up again.

Okay post below if you're interested in joining.

I'd say about 5 people for this map, as it's a bit small, and also to get turns quicker.

The creature you create has to follow a set of rules, each attribute or ability has to go under one of six spheres.
Dietry: basically tells me what you're creature eats and how it does so.
Physical: What you're creature looks like and it's abilities concerning physical nature.
Environmental: You're creatures abilities to manipulate and change it's environment.
Social: How you're creature associates with others of its kind and otherwise.
Combat: What abilities does your creature have to make it good in battle.
Special: Any psychic, or other special abilities go here.

Here is a list of abilities i've organised into a table and their benefits as examples, this was taken from previous evolution games.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jngtkzx9dwm

I'll negotiate the benefits from any abilities you come up with if you give me a general idea, don't go too overboard!

To go up in a rank for an ability it takes 2 EP to get to rank 1, 3 EP for rank 2, 6 EP for rank 3, 8 for rank 4, and 10 for rank 5.
This is a general rule, i'll make it more specific as i go along.

Okay to make your creature more advanced you need to spend EP or evolution points in order to do so. EP is decided by the successes of your rolls for that turn and you gain 1 extra EP for every 2/10 population you have.

Population growth is decided by a d100 roll and all +pop attributes your creature has. If the roll lands under 15 - no growth, over 25 and there is a 1/10 population gain, 50 or over is a gain of 2/10, 90 or over and you get 3/10.

At least 3/10 population is needed to perform a colonization attempt.

For now just make up what creature you would like to create but with a limit of 40 EP, and where you would like it to start on the map.

For dieties create a name and choose ONE major sphere of influence where all actions within that sphere (again mostly determined by me) gain a certain bonus, based on how much influence you have. Then ONE minor sphere that gains a smaller bonus for all actions within that sphere. Finally choose ONE sphere where you have a weakness to, eg Hydrox the water/ice god has a weakness against the fire/magma god Firos. All actions you try to take within this sphere will have a penalty.

For example, if Hydrox tries to control fire he receives a penalty, as does Firos when trying to manipulate water.

MAP
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 02:07:03 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution - Remastered. Join now!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2009, 02:26:57 am »

Reserving this shit.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2009, 02:27:05 am »

Player List:

Creatures
Pandarsenic with the Vine Runners.

Siquo with the Amo.

Duke 2.0 with the Volo.

Nuke9.13 with the Ant People.

Shades with the Zaniah.

Wimdit with the Yrb.

Deities
Dwarmin as Oulatahe The Primal Beast.

Servant Corps as RAMDEARDTTCATFOTRCBUPMWVAALR, The Mouthful...
[/s]

SHADOWdump as Keelat The Flighty.

Cheetar as Tsunn the Immovable.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:30:17 am by Shikogan »
Arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics; even if you win you're still retarded.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 06:14:38 am »

To open xlsx or docx you need the file converter from Microsoft, it's free.

New: with ranks!

Name: Amo
Diet: Carnivore (Rank2) and Cannibalism (Rank1). It absorbs its kill through its skin, after engulfing it completely. Smaller Amos are often eaten by larger ones. Then they both are one, this is not seen as "death" within their culture.
Physical: Green, amoeba-like amorphic gelly. Can change its body shape at will, including tentacles. No maximum size, old Amo's are really big... Physical traits can be made through modifying its own shape, so can swim as fast as it can crawl (new trait: +2 to land, +2 to water (Rank1), Amos are not fast but impartial to terrain, they can also grow a +1 tail for BOTH land and water (Rank1) (instead of choosing for a +2)). Other traits: Vibration sense(Rank2), Camouflage(Rank2).
Environmental: None.
Social Abilities: No language, they are telepathic, and no religion whatsoever. To survive, to eat, that is their worldview. Eating is seen as merging with the thing-that-is-eaten, therefore it is not bad to be eaten, and there is no need for feelings of cruelty or mercy. It is good to eat, and to be eaten.
Combat abilities: Using domination to hypnotise opponent, strangling opponent (Rank3), and excrete acid to dissolve opponent (Rank2) (It's normally only used to eat but can be used as a weapon when strangling).
Special Abilities: Memory Acquisition(Rank2), Psychic Prowess(Rank2), Telepathy(Rank1), Telepathic Domination(Rank4).
Start at I4

They communicate through very basic telepathy (feelings such as "hungry", "agressive", "fear"). Although quasi-intelligent, there is only the most basic idea of "individual", since being eaten by another Amo merges their minds and memories, so language is unnecessary. Reproduction is done similarly to mitosis and cytokinesis. Eating is done through phagocytosis (enveloping then, digesting). Leg/tail/fin/arm-like pseudopods can be formed at will. I'll be changing the gene-eating ability to mind-eating, the mind and memories of the victim are assimilated through eating, also of other species. This may (when it succeeds, merging with foreign species is harder) allow them to "learn" new abilities.

Their translucent amorphous bodies contain a nucleus and a vacuole. The vacuole is used for osmotic balance (sweet and salt water) and can be used as a swimming bladder (control whether it floats or sinks). Destroying the nucleus instantly kills it. When an Amo is split in half, the half with the nucleus may survive. When reproducing, first the nucleus is split into two (mitosis), then the entire body is split into two parts, each containing one nucleus (cytokinesis).

Should make for a 40EP
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 08:10:03 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 06:21:00 am »

Can't commit myself to play, but as the last guy to try running this game, good luck Shikogan.  Sorry for letting you all down with that.

I can see you've already made a lot modifications to the design to ease playability - all those numbers and user defined traits were the death of the game before.  Along with managing 15 players.  Kudos.

Say, what do I need to open that file with?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 06:35:39 am »

Why do I instantly think "battletech" when I look at that map? I presume the "-1" refers to height level?

I don't have the time to play, but I'll keep an eye on this game.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 06:43:12 am »

Name: Volo
Diet: Omnivore. While the Volo can eat plant matter and grass, it generally hunts for food.
Physical: The Volo are plains runners, and thus are not adapted to living underwater. They have strong limbs for running across the open spaces of their habitat. They have basic manipulators for interacting with their environment, but they use their relatively strong legs to stamp food to death. To help with this they have slightly better eyesight to aid in finding prey.
Environmental: The Volo know some basic tools and how to work stone with these tools. They have used their knowledge of Construction to make basic huts built into the sides of large boulders. They can make fire for cooking. They also know how to dig shallow ditches, which they sometimes use for basic traps and help in construction.
Social Abilities: The Volo use a fast, almost bark-like language to communicate through hunts. A Shaman leads every pack.
Combat abilities: Volo generally stomp their prey to death.
Special Abilities: None

Basically, level one everything except legs, which start at 3, manipulators which start at level 2 and eyesight which start at level 2.

Starts on F-14

Also, any suggestions that make desert tiles perfectly fine to the Volo is appreciated. Otherwise some major aqueducts will be made in the future.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 10:35:27 pm by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 06:45:38 am »

Um, ooh, reserved.

I can do this.

Seriously.

EDIT:ANT PEOPLE. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.

Take an ant colony. Watch all the little workers work together, at no profit to themselves. See how just the one ant ever breeds. See how they construct constructions, without tools, that we could never achieve. Now make them sentient. A single living being, which can send parts of itself out hunting, exploring, building. It quickly constructs a shell for itself. The queen resides within, protected by layers of mud, twigs, and other ants. Colonies of sentients work together to construct farms- they could do it before, why not now? They gather plants, and feed them to smaller insects, which are stored within the colony. These smaller insects provide food for the individual 'cells' of the colony- because when I said ants, I meant anything antlike, and these are carnivorous.
Two colonies are required to breed, but either of the two can provide the princess.

Diet:A complete colony eats only plants: herbivore(2EP). Individual cells eat captive insects which are fed with these plants.
Physical:Each colony can control a large area of ground, using workers. This gives a colony the impression of Extended eyesight(Rank 2:5EP), manipulators(Rank 3:9EP) and vibration sense (Rank 1:2EP).
Environmental:Colonies have learnt create a special kind of worker with special grasping appendages. These tool-workers are few, but their mastery of tools makes them very valuable, especially in farming: Tools(Rank 1:2EP), farming(Rank 1: 2EP).
Social abilities:Colonies use messengers to carry pheromone messages to other colonies. This is inefficient, being equivalent to everyone talking to each other by sending letters, but it gets the job done. Language(Rank 1:2EP)
Groups of colonies work together to protect new colonies and farms, but their is no government.
Combat abilities: A colony that is attacked will respond with swarm tactic-soldiers. So, uh, Natural Soldiers (Everyone's a fighter, no one's experienced. Rank 2: 5 EP). Soldiers bite enemies- poisoned bites, they have. Poison Attacks (Rank 2: 5EP).
Special abilities: None of the listed ones.

Please point out everything I did wrong. Because I know I did. I just made up the combat abilities.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 05:00:26 am by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 06:51:31 am »

I kind of want to play but have no idea what I should do.

Name: Zaniah
Diet: The Zaniah enjoy both plant and meat matter and are able to consume both. {Omnivore (2ep)}
Physical: The Zaniah are happiest in forest environments where their natural ability to blend in with their surroundings {Camouflage (2ep)} keeps them safe, but they are able to live elsewhere and even swim if needs be. {Land Bound (2ep), Legs (3ep), Manipulators (3ep)}. From a young age they are taught to hunt for their food and quickly develop excellent senses {Vibration Sense (3ep), Extended Eyesight (3ep)} for detection of both predators and prey.
Environmental: The Zaniah are social animals tending to live in extended family clusters. They consider themselves experts in both Construction (2ep) and using Tools (2ep). Their society has recently developed skills at Fire-making (2ep) and Hut building (2ep) providing them shelter and warmth in the cold seasons.
Social Abilities: Having recently developed fire-making a few of the Zaniah have developed belief in Shamanism (2ep) which is quickly spreading through their society. Being telepathic animals the Zaniah have developed high levels of Language (3ep) and communication skills.
Combat abilities: none
Special Abilities: The mentally tough Zaniah {Psychic Prowess (3ep)} the Zaniah have developed a kind of mental method of communication {Telepathy (2ep), Telepathic Domination (2ep)} that takes advantage of their language skills as well as the ability to project just images and emotions. They have also have the ability to calm there nervous system and aid the body in Healing (2ep) itself.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:46:50 am by Shades »
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution - Remastered. Player slots apparently full.
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2009, 09:25:45 am »

Why do I instantly think "battletech" when I look at that map? I presume the "-1" refers to height level?

I don't have the time to play, but I'll keep an eye on this game.

Haha yes sean, i did in fact use a battletech hex map generator to create this map. and yeah height level stuff i couldn't be bothered trying to get rid of.

Oh and sort of basic rules and stuff can be found in the other evolution threads, including my old one which failed disastrously.

I'm still trying to define rules and stuff so bear with me here.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2009, 12:15:00 pm »

Hm, I wonder if running a forum Battletech game would be more trouble than it's worth (with the alternatives available). Something like a free-for-all, one mech to each player...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 12:35:25 pm »

Couldn't be much more difficult than my idea for a forum Necromunda league.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2009, 01:24:29 pm »

Evolution lives! Looks like we already have five players, but can I join as well? I really want to bring back the Yrb.

Shikogan

• Bay Watcher
  • Comically insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2009, 05:56:54 pm »

Hmm, i guess you could join...it would encourage more interaction between the races...what the hell, sure.
But you have to create them again according to the new rules and specs.

Oh and for everyone else wanting to join, I shall be expanding this map once too many races die out or they have advanced enough tech to be able to migrate.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2009, 05:58:30 pm by Shikogan »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2009, 05:59:18 pm »

Can I join?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13