Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Game over!  (Read 52592 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia game - Round 2 - Day 2 - A bloody dawn
« Reply #285 on: March 27, 2009, 10:15:15 pm »

I have to cast my lynch vote for Pandarsenic too. You're not helping us by pushing senselessly to eliminate someone who is a either a much-needed ally and Agent liason, an ablative dopple-shield, or an easy lynch. Your reasoning is 2D and suspicious as hell.
You're serious about letting him liaison for the Agent? Wow... Let's give our fate to a potential backstabber. Pandarsenic's right, whether you think so or not. He turns on us with the amount of information we plan to give him and we're toast and he wins anyway.

I implore you to believe me, Doctor! There have been no Agents to counter my claim, and I'm positive that we can win if you trust me. We need to win this game!

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 27, 2009, 10:21:10 pm »

Webaddict: Look at it this way.  Give me a day and I can confirm you were approached by the agent or not.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 27, 2009, 10:24:47 pm »

You're serious about letting him liaison for the Agent? Wow... Let's give our fate to a potential backstabber. Pandarsenic's right, whether you think so or not. He turns on us with the amount of information we plan to give him and we're toast and he wins anyway.

I implore you to believe me, Doctor! There have been no Agents to counter my claim, and I'm positive that we can win if you trust me. We need to win this game!

Webadict, if the Agent scans him and finds out he's a Dopple, or even a potential danger, they won't tell him anything, and can instead rely on their contact with you to get his true nature, which we can then test with a lynch. This, of course, would rely on you actually having contact with the agent at all... frankly I'm getting the feeling that you're afraid of getting caught in a lie.

Also, Panda, I fixed the Scoreboard. I'm sorry about having your vote wrong; I misread your post saying you vote for Org until he proves a case, and thereafter Beacon80.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 27, 2009, 10:28:36 pm »

Thank you.

Now, please, name for me ONE compelling reason we should trust Beacon80 to sacrifice himself for us - to intentionally lose for us - just because he says he will.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 27, 2009, 10:31:14 pm »

Webadict, if the Agent scans him and finds out he's a Dopple, or even a potential danger, they won't tell him anything, and can instead rely on their contact with you to get his true nature, which we can then test with a lynch. This, of course, would rely on you actually having contact with the agent at all... frankly I'm getting the feeling that you're afraid of getting caught in a lie.

Also, Panda, I fixed the Scoreboard. I'm sorry about having your vote wrong; I misread your post saying you vote for Org until he proves a case, and thereafter Beacon80.
...By having someone other than a potential backstabber confirm me?

... Pandarsenic and I both know the danger of a Survival Alien. I know because I told him to switch.

Josh has just confirmed his Doppelganger-hood to me.

His plan is what everyone suspects - get a Townie lynched in the Day, kill a Townie at night, and they have a majority for instant win.

I don't want you to go after Josh - they'll go for a punishment on me with their dying breath, they've confirmed.
Alright... this makes sense unless you are a Doppelganger (It's possible, I suppose.) And I think if we vote for NUKE, we automatically discredit josh, and therefore he goes for us if we vote for him.

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I think that it's dumb of you to do this. I don't see how being an Alien and helping the Town let's you win... Wouldn't you end up losing by not helping Josh?
Mathematically, I can guarantee my win if I vote for you guys, yes.

But clearing out the Dopps would be infinitely more satisfying. Though I will take a win over a loss any day....
Technically, we couldn't stop you if you voted for SC. In fact, you'd win too, because why would the Dopps kill you? You helped them. You'd tie up the vote and then we'd be stuck. They'd kill SC, lynch someone the next day, and then win.

Otherwise, you'd technically lose. Why? Well, Night One kills SC, Night Two kills Zai and then Night Three would probably kill you. Or maybe not. If you really want the Town to win, you might as well vote with us, but you'd lose. And the whole point of the game is to win.
I know. I'm still trying to work out if the town can win in any way....

If I side with you, I'm almost guaranteed to lose but Town's almost guaranteed to win...
Damn it, there must be some way!
Well... think about it. If you vote for NUKE, he's lynched Day 1. SC is killed Night 1. chaoticjosh is lynched Day 2. Zai is killed Night 2. That means if we lynched the right guy on Day 3, we win AND you don't lose!

Of course, that's a 8 - 4= 4 - 1 (You) = 1 of 3 chance or 33%. Do you really want to win that badly? You'd have to pick between inaluct, Squeegy, or me in order to win, as opposed to a 100% chance of winning with the Dopps.

Of course, if you miss Day Three, you die and it becomes 2 or 3 people left: inaluct, Squeegy, and me. I'm thinking it's inaluct, but hey, what do I know? It could be Squeegy. Although, why are you bothering to ask me? What if I'm a Dopp? I mean, I can hardly trust that you're the Alien, but if you wanted a 100% chance of winning, you'd go with Doppelgangers, but it'd be less satisfying. Eh?
I suppose.

You just struck me as probably being town-aligned.

Meh, I'll just go with my guaranteed victory, I think.
And that was WITH bad math. If he voted against us, I was planning on killing him the Second Night, not the Third...

This is the danger of a survival Alien.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 27, 2009, 10:34:38 pm »

Good times, there. Good times....
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 27, 2009, 10:36:15 pm »

Pandarsenic: I never said I'd intentionally lose for you.  I just said it's impossible for me to win by siding with the dopps.
Webaddict: I'll be lucky if I get through today.  If I backstab you tomorrow, I'm done for.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: March 27, 2009, 10:37:55 pm »

Currently it looks like Pandar will die today
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 27, 2009, 10:39:30 pm »

Pandarsenic: I never said I'd intentionally lose for you.  I just said it's impossible for me to win by siding with the dopps.

Then a Lynch All Liars Policy would require me to kill you.

Archangel: And what do you think about this?

Beacon80's supporters still have not provided me with a reason we should trust him.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 27, 2009, 10:43:28 pm »

I don't think we should trust him but we can kill him tomorrow if we want
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 27, 2009, 10:45:20 pm »

Webaddict: I'll be lucky if I get through today.  If I backstab you tomorrow, I'm done for.
It's impossible for you to win by siding with them today... But someday soon, it'll be an opportunity to side with them.

Backstab me tomorrow? Fat chance. Especially if I know who the doctor is... We don't need your help Beacon, especially since you don't need ours.

If I plan on anyone siding with me, I'll let you know. I'd probably choose one of the non-voters, since it's more likely the Agent'll hit a Dopp.

Although, if the doctor is reading this, we can win.

Procrastination!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 27, 2009, 10:46:02 pm »

I see. And what if I consent to waiting one day on the condition of cutting him from all of our communication and role knowledge?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Beacon80

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 27, 2009, 10:47:43 pm »

Beacon80's supporters still have not provided me with a reason we should trust him.
How about the one I've said several times: I can confirm whether Webaddict has been contacted by the agent or not.  Betraying the townsfolk at this point would only get me killed.
And I'm not lying.  The moment I side with the dopps, I get killed.  The moment before me siding with the dopps would get them the majority, I get killed.  So how am I supposed to side with the dopps and still win?
Also, knock it off with the big text.  It's annoying.

Masami Phonix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 27, 2009, 10:49:25 pm »

I'm actually changing my vote to Org.  I believe Pandersenic to just be overly paranoid and not actually a dopp at this point.

I still think we should wait and see what information tomorrow brings before we kill Beacon.  Even under Pandersenic's flimsy logic, Beacon can't screw us that fast.

As for defending ouy logic, you still haven't explained why we can't just kill him when there are five of us left.  (or 4 if we've killed another Dopp)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 27, 2009, 10:50:26 pm »

I see. And what if I consent to waiting one day on the condition of cutting him from all of our communication and role knowledge?
The Agent has already said he wants nothing to do with Beacon. He knows his potential.

Suddenly, I feel like that guy on Deal or No Deal talking for the Banker...

How about the one I've said several times: I can confirm whether Webaddict has been contacted by the agent or not.  Betraying the townsfolk at this point would only get me killed.
And I'm not lying.  The moment I side with the dopps, I get killed.  The moment before me siding with the dopps would get them the majority, I get killed.  So how am I supposed to side with the dopps and still win?
Also, knock it off with the big text.  It's annoying.
...Or, we go with someone trustworthy. Nice try, though.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 41