Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Let's play - Empire: Total War. Turn 18, 1708. Research table! :o  (Read 42404 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
Re: Let's play - Empire: Total War. Ministers and faction advice required!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 06:33:57 pm »

Ooh! Can I join? Minister of military relations?

And I vote for Ottoman.

That would be the minister of diplomacy, which is already taken. Only the slot for minister of navy/sabotage and assasinations is still open.

Also, I promoted Frelock from minister of war to minister of war and religion!

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:18 pm »

Minister of Navy, then.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:22 pm »

I can't think of any ministries i can have but I love total war and can't run empire so I'm going to be living through you.

Ottomans +1!

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 06:36:03 pm »

Ghey. I wanted Minister of navy :(

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 06:36:41 pm »

Sorry, no go. You can still be minister of assasinations/screwing shit up in other countries.
EDIT: Oh, nevermind.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 06:38:43 pm by woose1 »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2009, 06:37:23 pm »

Emperor_Jonathan, you can when woose1 dies. In-game, that is.

So, it seems to be the Ottoman Empire. Let me fire up the game and post the intro.

Oh, and Emperor_Jonathan can take over the assassinations part if he wants to.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2009, 06:41:59 pm »

Come, my brothers! We shall march to the gates of Venice and take the north by storm!
... Or something along those lines.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2009, 06:42:53 pm »

If Woose1 will let me, I will take over the assassinations part.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2009, 06:47:06 pm »

Martha isn't as tough as it looks like.  The murgals are kinda pushovers, beat them decisively in the second turn and you can steadily move through their territory before they get a new army together.  Portugal and Netherlands won't attack you too quickly if you trade with them.

Between the Murgals, the minor nation to your south and your capital, you have three schools and observatories for the taking, meaning that you can fairly easily become the most advanced nation in the world.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2009, 06:50:38 pm »

If Woose1 will let me, I will take over the assassinations part.
Yes, sure, but you and FoboslC will need to co-operate. So no assasinating the leader of Poland when we are trying to manipulate them to attack Austria.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 06:51:10 pm »

Okay! Thanks Woose1!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2009, 06:52:16 pm »

No problem.
But remember my orders....
*Glares at the Austrians*

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2009, 07:25:05 pm »

The year is 1700. The great Ottoman Empire has survived for centuries, but now, the era of muskets and cannons comes. And with it, a chance for world domination or total ruin for the Ottoman Empire.
My name is Mustafa II, great ruler of this Empire, and under me is my competent cabinet of ministers.

[img=http://img01.picoodle.com/img/img01/3/4/21/asheron/f_2m_bba7b71.jpg]http://

First of all, the Ottoman Empire needs to set priorities. Our borders are not well protected; our Balkan territories are easily taken if Austria decides to attack. However, we should neglect our allies and protectorates, the Crimean Khanate and the Barbary States. They need protection, most importantly, the Crimean Khanate from the Russians. We can not allow our arch enemy to gain a port in the Black Sea, and that way, an ability to
trade and build a fleet.

[img=http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/4/6/asheron/f_1m_82e6b40.jpg]

Diplomatically seen, we are isolated. The only Europeans that can look at us without sniffing are the Swedes, and our only other allies are our protectorates. Austria remembers the last time when we were at war, and Russia is still at war with us.

Our navy is currently well in control of the Mediterrenean sea.

[img=http://img19.picoodle.com/img/img19/3/4/6/asheron/f_3m_b920d63.jpg]

This is a map of our most eastern regions. Persia is in relative peace with us, for so far.

So, first of all, the budget!

Navy - 1000 ( one unit of boats costs around 500 with and upkeep of around the 300, just to put it into perspective )
Army - 3000 ( a unit costs around 400-500, with an upkeep of around 200-300 )
Infrastructure and Buildings - 5000
Justice ( militia's etc ) - 1000

To my minister of war and religion

Our armies are currently distributed as seen on the list. I would like you to inform me on where we should focus our forces, and whether we should already attack any province in particular. Naturally, give general orders on where to recruit what.
Also, many of the Balkan provinces that we captured are Orthodox instead of Muslim. Shall we move our Imams to the Balkan, where they can convert the population?

The location of our Imams is given in the list hereby included.

To my minister of navy

My ports in Turkey are under your control. We can either build a lot of low-grade galleys, or a few high-grade ships with a lot of cannons, or, ofcourse, we can not expand our fleet at all to minimize upkeep. So far, we have no enemies on the seas, but we can move our fleet ahead of time so that we can strike in time on our enemies unsuspecting ports and fleets.

To my minister of diplomacy

Currently, we are at war with Russia. Most of the Europeans do not like us, as you can see on the first map I had my cartographers make. We should approach at least someone, if only for trade agreements. Naturally, when you feel we are ready, we could declare war on some of our neighbours...
I would gladly recieve your general directions on what to do ( and with who ).

To my minister of finances

Added is a map depicting our tax rates and the current public order in our provinces. Raising the tax rates of the nobility will make them unhappy and lower the growth of wealth to the point where there will be a decline in wealth and thus taxes. Raising the tax rates of the peasantry will make them unhappy and will lower population growth, which will cause less ports and cities to appear, which can be used for convertion, more industry, more research or more happiness in a region. I ask you if any change in tax rate is needed to further our treasury. Our current income is 3320. ( Not that much, honestly )

To my minister of assassinations and subterfuge

As you can see, we have a hashishin at our disposal in Georgia. He can sabotage, infiltrate and of course, "dispose" of our enemies. I require advice on the placement of this person.

To my minister of justice

The people are currently somewhat happy. I have given you a rather small budget, which will allow you to buy militias for three regions. These militias will be able to keep public order and defend in an emergency situations.

Should we place militias in our eastern and more desolate regions, our in our Balkan territories? Naturally, we can also neglect building militias. Slight tax rate increases will not anger the people in problematic ways, but anything larger than slightly and we might have a few problematic regions.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 07:31:36 pm by Asheron »

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2009, 07:27:00 pm »

Just a heads up, FoboslC got muted. You'll need to replace him.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2009, 07:29:55 pm »

How?

And, as my first act as minister, I say build a ton of low-grade galleys, like the second-to-worse ship, and harass and plunder the sea area near Austria. But don't anger those italian guys.

Blockade any un-protected ports, and DONT ANGER THE ITALIAN GUYS.

I say invade by sea, not land.
Strike first, and strike hard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12