Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2126459 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #3900 on: February 23, 2011, 07:19:55 pm »

My miner was taking a nap in the barracks. All of a sudden, I get two announcments compressed into one.
THIEF! Protect the horde from the skulking filth.
Urist McLegendary Miner Has been struck down.

The kobold... slashed him in the head with a copper dagger... and TOOK IT'S FUCKING HEAD OFF.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: February 23, 2011, 08:33:42 pm »

I'm playing in a really hot swamp with deep soil.
Do you want to know what happens when you pasture animals in a hot climate? Everything they touch turns to sand.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: February 24, 2011, 01:48:32 am »

I'm playing in a really hot swamp with deep soil.
Do you want to know what happens when you pasture animals in a hot climate? Everything they touch turns to sand.
i supposed that's because the top soil layer of your embark site is sand.

Subdane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: February 24, 2011, 03:21:29 am »

I bulid walls around my fortress, a big moat and a bridge, filled it with water. Then came winter..... The water/moat froze, and the attackers just walked right over the ice   :o

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #3904 on: February 24, 2011, 04:09:49 am »

I bulid walls around my fortress, a big moat and a bridge, filled it with water. Then came winter..... The water/moat froze, and the attackers just walked right over the ice   :o

Next time, build three moats: Dry, Water and Magma. Water one being optional. And well as dry one.

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: February 24, 2011, 11:14:51 am »

Next time, build three moats: Dry, Water and Magma. Water one being optional. And well as dry one.
The magma one should cover everything your fort isn't on.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: February 24, 2011, 11:18:46 am »

Tried to make an obsidian farm. Forgot that marble wasn't magma-proof. I now have a magma pool with a leak. *facepalm* indeed.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: February 24, 2011, 11:49:37 am »

Tried to make an obsidian farm. Forgot that marble wasn't magma-proof. I now have a magma pool with a leak. *facepalm* indeed.
the floodgates or what because constructions are invulnerable
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: February 24, 2011, 11:51:15 am »

I used doors. I've been playing since 40d. I know this stuff. I just had a brain fart. I blame the head injuiry I suffered recently.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: February 24, 2011, 12:10:46 pm »

I used doors. I've been playing since 40d. I know this stuff. I just had a brain fart. I blame the head injuiry I suffered recently.
;)
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

Samuel

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McBateman cancels Attend Meeting: Too Insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: February 24, 2011, 08:02:00 pm »

So, a forgotten beast slaughtered half the fortress. Unbelievably, I managed to get every singe dwarf inside and lock the door, with the forgotten beast outside (I will somebody remember that forgotten beasts can break down doors, but that's a story for another day). So the forgotten beast wanders about the feilds full of corpses and, unbelievably, decides to kick back and hang around the underground graveyard. Inspiration strikes and I designate the construction of a floor over the entrance, hopefully sealing the beast in. I delete the burrow over the fortress, unlock the doors, and let my mason go to work. Amongst the flood of dwarves running out with him... to carry the corpses to the graves... that the forgotten beast was standing on top of.

Yeah, my fortress died.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: February 24, 2011, 11:02:39 pm »

;)
Yeah, face palming can be hazardous.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: February 25, 2011, 01:00:46 am »

My newest world has a deity of suicide....

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: February 25, 2011, 11:27:55 am »

Got excited about .19, installed it on my new compy, genned a world, started a fort, and captured a hive of honey bees before I went to bed.

That night, I dreamed my new fort got besieged by trolls within the first year.

The next day, I checked the forums and discovered that having a beehive causes your fort's value to skyrocket, causing it to get ambushed and besieged sooner.

That was oddly prophetic, wasn't it?

Either that, or you play in your sleep. Let us know if you notice your forts being more developed/flooded/on fire/etc. when you wake up in the morning.

I want the graphics pack my dreams use, then.

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: February 25, 2011, 02:02:35 pm »

with dfreveal, i found forest spider silk webs in hell....forest spider is a creature not vermin.
how did it get there?
*facepalm*

and there is a 40-z-level big demonic fortress. what have i done with world gen parameter....
*double facepalm*

alright.... unreveal.... (accidental space bar press)
*triple facepalm*

i so got back from HFS notification and....my wagon happen to be just next to a river, with three alligators swimming towards my dwarves...eventually tearing half of them down....
*quadruple famepalm*
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 729