Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71

Author Topic: Presenting: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World  (Read 251827 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Quest: The Most Interesting Dwarf in the World
« Reply #375 on: June 13, 2009, 05:39:31 am »

236 - 202 = 34 years
Actually, that was when he got his first legendary.

Anyway, now Morul has legendary shield user he should be a nightmare to even hit.  How's his armour user coming along?

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 13, 2009, 02:13:58 pm »

Ironblood vs Morul
Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training
Nothing will survive.

xaque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 13, 2009, 05:32:09 pm »

This project is intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 13, 2009, 07:26:26 pm »

The fortress was founded in 201, so about 35 years now.

Morul is professional armor user, a bit behind shield, but shield is more important IMO, so all is good. I might have him drop shield after a while to speed up armor while sparring, but I really want shield +5.

His social is now Adept/Expert and moving along much more steadily. I've got 4 of each type of silver weapon - no modifier. So far no major injuries while sparring. I've not seen any on Morul and the others usually just get grey wounds. We'll see how things go when they pick up the pointy ones.

I'd like to see a Morul vs. Ironblood battle.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 13, 2009, 08:36:07 pm »

You still gotta level up the throwing! Make him ANGRY!
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 13, 2009, 09:05:42 pm »

You still gotta level up the throwing! Make him ANGRY!

Don't make Morul angry; you wouldn't like him when he's angry.

Really though, talk about your fortress destroying tantrums; I'm betting Morul would take out the entire military without breaking a sweat before he calms down.

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 13, 2009, 10:49:11 pm »

Ironblood vs Morul
Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training
Nothing will survive.

overload! to much awsome in one space!

dornbeast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 14, 2009, 02:27:29 am »

Really though, talk about your fortress destroying tantrums; I'm betting Morul would take out the entire military without breaking a sweat before he calms down.

Morul has stopped work: Throwing Tantrum.
Morul has broken the fortress.
Quote from: Dornbeast
Urist Austin, Axedwarf.  A dwarf barely alive.  Gentledwarves, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic dwarf. Urist Austin will be that dwarf. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 14, 2009, 02:32:00 am »

Sheerly from a mathematical standpoint, Morul would wipe the floor with Ironblood. Ironblood would be a comparative pansy. Ironblood is legendary in about 8 skills. Morul still wouldn't look as cool doing it though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Gergination

• Bay Watcher
  • The world is on fire
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 14, 2009, 02:42:31 am »

That isn't necessarily true.  Dwarves can continue to get stat increases from raising the same skills more.  Even past Legendary + 5 they will get stat increases if they work on that particular skill enough.  It's hard to measure just how dangerous Ironblood really is.
With [SLOW_LEARNER], dwarves probably don't sit around and talk anymore. They just stand in the same corner altogether, staring at each other, sticking their bearded lips out trying to make sounds. And giggling when someone actually says a whole word.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 14, 2009, 04:25:31 am »

Yeah, Morul would technically be tougher if instead of training every skill to legendary he had just spent 30 years doing record keeping.  He wouldn't be as awesome though.

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 14, 2009, 08:47:13 am »

A morul - Ironblood showdown could end in 3 ways:
1: Ironblood is instantly struck down, and explodes, some parts fly all the way around the world of Nist Akath and land on it's north pole, some other will go into orbit, past the speed of light, and destroy life as they know it the next world over.
2: Morul is batted of the map with a gabbro cabinet, then crumepts.
3: Both are simply immortal, playing tennis with each other as the balls for the rest of eternity. All copies of dwarf fortress, EVERYWHERE, would be shocked so badly that whatever they are installed on would explode violently*

*This means I should get rid of the DF instal on the USB key I always have in my pocket, please warn me in time.

but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)

Phazer

• Bay Watcher
  • This song is creepy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 14, 2009, 09:25:37 am »

sorry for this but.... Who the hell is ironblood?!
Dragon: My plan is foolproof! Those foolish dwarves cannot resist walking near lava! If I hop in, then they won't know what hit them! I'll just- AH! OH GOD! I WASTED MY LIFE!

Village_Idiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 14, 2009, 09:31:04 am »

sorry for this but.... Who the hell is ironblood?!

I've been thinking about the same thing, I see the name pop up sometimes, were can I find this awesome dwarf?

Aldaris

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIBERAL] [WANNABE_DORF] [CAVE_ADAPTED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2009, 09:37:27 am »

Go read Nist Akath, seriously.
See you in 2 months.
but Baron Aqizzar had the firm advantage, battering Cthulhu with his Mighty Chin.
^Totally not out of context, promise.
The Liberal Crime Squad Community game, now with a Liberal Overdose of Liberally aplied Liberalism. -Liberally. (UBER-Hiatus, next update somewhere between now and 2012.)
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 71