Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 134646 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #1350 on: October 23, 2010, 02:02:30 pm »

I would recommend tweaking the weight tables a little bit after each game. It doesn't have to be major revisions or even based on anything, the idea being that if you change them only rarely, the experienced players might start to get a feel for how rare certain roles are, which has the same effect as making the weights known. It's also fun to make a supposedly rare role oddly common just to screw with everyone.

Also, I'd remove the limit of 2 of the same role per side. I really don't like "Oh, three reporter claims, at least one is a dopp" and I certainly like that less than "Hey, the town consists of 10 reporters!"

Hmm. Good ideas. I'll just have to make sure we don't have a whole bunch of War Vets again...

Agreed. That game was retarded. removing the limit of 2 per role per side may require occasional hand-alteration but I think it'll be good to do.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: October 23, 2010, 02:49:41 pm »

I don't anyone would object to Meph giving the role list a once-over and discarding any setups that are just awful (5 PWV, etc) and rerolling them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: October 23, 2010, 05:30:15 pm »

Agreed. That game was retarded. removing the limit of 2 per role per side may require occasional hand-alteration but I think it'll be good to do.
It had Org claiming doc though, which was one of the greatest things.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: October 23, 2010, 05:32:33 pm »

No one gives me credit for that.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: October 23, 2010, 05:40:29 pm »

No one gives me credit for that.
If you did it you'd get lynched.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: October 23, 2010, 06:18:33 pm »

No, I told Org to do that. That's the only reason he wasn't lynched.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: October 23, 2010, 07:15:37 pm »

Ah, the good old days when Org could get away with anyth-

BYOR:PE

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: October 24, 2010, 08:54:20 am »

He did try it again more recently, but didn't even bother to check the flavour on his role.  His PWVness was pretty obvious.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: October 24, 2010, 09:40:21 am »

Also, it would've LOST the game had he actually gotten the town player to action him. Not that it mattered, since I HANDED the game to them and they lost it!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: October 29, 2010, 02:23:19 pm »

Had an interesting idea for an Alien 'Jester' type role. Although it goes a bit beyond Jester and makes for a weird cult, since I just haven't come up with an actual role that would reasonably want to be lynched that isn't just a crazy guy. Although I've considered that.

Anyway.

Spore-spreader: This alien organism has been engineered to spread by spores and take over human hosts. The only thing is that the host has to die for the spores to spread...
   Rules: The Spore Spreader needs to die in order to make more Spore Spreaders. Each time a Spore Spreader is Lynched or day-killed two random players are selected. If a selected player is Human, they become a Spore Spreader. If they are Dopp or Alien, nothing happens. If a Spore Spreader is Night-killed, the person performing the night kill is targeted by the spores. A human performing the kill will then become a Spore Spreader in turn.
  Win Condition: At least one Spore Spreader needs to be alive at the end of the game. Similar to a town win, in that Dopps and Exterminators/like can't have won. However, the Spore Spreaders still wins if one of them is still alive for a town win.

Debating if they'd get a quickchat or not.

Thoughts?

Eh, what the heck. Here is a real Jester type role:

Traumatized Survivor: This person saw their family eaten by Doppelgangers. This has caused deep, deep psychological trauma. The Traumatized Survivor wants to be killed off cleanly and not get eaten by doppelgangers. They win if they are lynched.

Needs a better name...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 02:25:11 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: October 29, 2010, 05:00:59 pm »

Spore Spreaders: If there is only Town left, they win, right? So, basically, they're a town-aligned survivor-cult? No on the quicktopic. Too powerful: They can confirm Town players with their death and a confirmed cult that wins with Town. Albeit with no power roles and death.

There's also the flipside of this, where they'd WANT to be lynched and are therefore perfect candidates for the jester type role (Nightkills are almost guaranteed to make the role die out.) But, if you're asking, "Is this role balanced?" I'd say "Probably."

Now, that Jester's name is just silly.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: October 29, 2010, 05:03:07 pm »

Hmm. Yeah, Quicktopic would probably be too much for them. But I like that they're a Jester-Cult that's mostly pro-town. Except that they have to kill off town to spread.

Yeah, it's pretty lame. Maybe just go for Victim as a name?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: October 29, 2010, 05:31:27 pm »

Hmm. Yeah, Quicktopic would probably be too much for them. But I like that they're a Jester-Cult that's mostly pro-town. Except that they have to kill off town to spread.

Yeah, it's pretty lame. Maybe just go for Victim as a name?
Yeah. I think that cult would work. Plus, it gives another alien to work with.

I think just forget about that other jester. An alien like that wouldn't have much of a use other than some sort of political activist that wants to martyr himself for his cause (So, "Activist.")

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: October 29, 2010, 05:35:05 pm »

Oh, the actual Jester role (Victim) was a town role, not alien. But with the Spore Spreaders I don't think it's necessary, since having any sort of Jester role in the game serves the main purpose of allowing for additional gambits.
Come play Mafia with us!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: October 29, 2010, 05:41:31 pm »

Oh, the actual Jester role (Victim) was a town role, not alien. But with the Spore Spreaders I don't think it's necessary, since having any sort of Jester role in the game serves the main purpose of allowing for additional gambits.
Well, I figured all third parties should be aliens since this is paranormal. But, it'd be funnier to have an alien activist then a depressed human.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 117