Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1359 1360 [1361] 1362 1363 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2372843 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20400 on: November 03, 2017, 05:19:21 am »

If it's still relevant, for the floor removal slime blocks might be useful.

As for cart switching, I'd imagine that named pieces of paper in a chest cart might be useful for routing. Since you can name stacks of items at a time in an anvil, and named items only stack with identically-named others, you can use the usual filtered-hopper-comparator setup as the cart passes, then swap a track for N seconds. Getting the timing right to ensure that any following player(s) and/or cargo are routed the same might take some tinkering, and re-inserting a matching destination paper into just the first cart might take a little bit of work (alternatively, just accumulate and expect a player to stop by periodically to empty a chest. Once the carts have been routed, they don't need to keep the routing information). For larger networks, having a unique set of routing papers for each junction would keep the detection logic simple and not require expanding every routing point when a new destination is added, but it would complicate re-stocking departure points a little bit.
Eh?
Eh!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20401 on: November 03, 2017, 09:10:08 am »

The "dismount once or twice" bit is easy, and doable with just one track between the spokes and hub. Say you want to go from Spoke A to Spoke B. Take the Spoke A - Hub line. Dismount and hop in a cart on the Hub - Spoke B line.

If you want to get complicated, you could have your Spoke X - Hub lines terminate in a waiting area. If you wanted to go to the hub, just disembark. If you wanted to go to a different spoke, have five buttons nearby and reachable from the cart, one for each spoke. These buttons do some redstone-based track switching in the waiting area that will direct the cart to the correct Spoke line and then trigger the booster that you deposited the player on. If you foresee multiple people using this network at the same time, you're on your own. I don't know if I have a good answer for that. A dedicated termination point for each spoke in Hub, so that concurrent users traveling from different spokes don't end up stacked on top of one another?

robinsonalex760

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • Huge-IT
« Reply #20402 on: November 03, 2017, 10:44:09 am »

Does anyone have advice on cart switching systems that are not to hard to implement with vanilla redstone?

I've got 5 cities, one's a hub at the center with spokes out to each of the other 4.  I want an easy ridealong method for people to be able to get to anywhere ideally without having to dismount their cart or only having to dismount it once or twice.  Crackshot+ trains will be in but I do not want them to be necessarily for lite transit.
I am also interested in that question, so please fi you found out smth let me know about it, thanks in advance :D

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #20403 on: November 03, 2017, 11:28:20 pm »

OK so, need some server advice. I am starting up a fresh server again, the purpose of the server will be for YouTube livestreams with my son and our subscribers will be playing with us.

I am deliberating over a few things, each of them might be considered separately or as a whole, but here they are:

Modded or Vanilla?
I do like the idea that people wont have to get Twitch and DL a pack from there, but Twitch does make it pretty easy. I like the idea of mods but on the other hand, vanilla has come a long way since the olden days. SO the question is, modded server or vanilla? If modded, what modpacks do you all love?

Grief Prevention?
I have installed the Bukkit plugin "Grief Prevention" and started to play with it. Anyone have experience with it? Any suggestions? Pros and cons? Better plugins to deal with this?

What would make a fun YouTube Livestream server?
What do people want to see nowadays? Minecraft is getting on in age and perhaps people are bored with it. I was wondering if there was any niche sort of thing I could do with this, perhaps make an educational server for kids and families, any suggestions?

I really appreciate feedback here!
I got nothing

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20404 on: November 04, 2017, 09:56:46 am »

If it's still relevant, for the floor removal slime blocks might be useful.
Ok, will look at it, though i don't know how it can be useful. When i will remember about it when near computer.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20405 on: November 04, 2017, 05:45:49 pm »

One kind of block the game is missing, that I might try my hand at in modding, is a block that will stay in place when placed next to other blocks but fall otherwise. That would make 3x3 floor traps much easier to implement.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #20406 on: November 04, 2017, 09:59:01 pm »

I could get into some Minecraft...but only if it's a modded server. Not terribly interested in vanilla.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20407 on: November 04, 2017, 11:22:48 pm »

Opposite for me :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20408 on: November 05, 2017, 02:30:08 am »

One kind of block the game is missing, that I might try my hand at in modding, is a block that will stay in place when placed next to other blocks but fall otherwise. That would make 3x3 floor traps much easier to implement.

If you don't mind it taking a fair bit of manual effort to reset, you can make an arbitrarily-large trap with carpets on signs. The trigger can even be completely silent and hidden (except for particles afterward) by putting redstone ore under carpet with observer blocks.
Eh?
Eh!

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20409 on: November 05, 2017, 04:48:24 am »

Spoiler: It's called a torch. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 04:55:24 am by MagmaMcFry »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20410 on: November 05, 2017, 06:34:28 am »

MCreeper facepalms himself in the face, jamming the skull trough the brain!

Damn it. All is that simple.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20411 on: November 05, 2017, 07:40:24 am »

Eh?
Eh!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20412 on: November 05, 2017, 08:13:47 am »

Ok, it's even better.  :D
Damn it, Minecraft is only game ever where pay-to-god is advertising feature, and writing "no stupid plugins, no pay-to-god" in server description is rock-solid way to never get more then 10 people on it.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 08:18:56 am by MCreeper »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20413 on: November 05, 2017, 08:23:03 am »

of course, the EULA states you have to be able to get those powers without paying in some way, or supposedly face the wrath of mojangcrosoft

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #20414 on: November 05, 2017, 09:04:36 am »

Deep, man. Now say me, is it all better on license? Not as i will buy the game, or can afford it at all.
Pages: 1 ... 1359 1360 [1361] 1362 1363 ... 1380