Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 360666 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #3015 on: January 18, 2023, 06:44:03 am »

That could be it. Looks like no sites have ported it over to Ruffle or anything if it is unfortunately.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3016 on: February 12, 2023, 05:46:22 am »

Looking for the title of this recent (last few years) game-but-not-quite-a-game thing where it's basically just a pile of moral dilemmas (do you save one friend or five strangers? etc) as a thought exercise. This one had (live?) data on how other people responded, as well as citations for what studies actually used the questions presented. There was an actual paid-for release of this, and it wasn't just some browser-based Flash thing.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: February 12, 2023, 09:15:24 pm »

Trolley Problem Inc.?

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: February 13, 2023, 07:57:31 pm »

Trolley Problem Inc.?

Righto, indeed. Searching for variants of 'moral dilemma game' turned up a bunch of interesting results, but not quite what I was looking for at the time.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I found it.

Better yet, I found the exact cd my demo was on

Looks instantly more appealing than the perry rhodan game.I thought could be it.
let

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There was a game that was top-down like rimworld, where you were the lord of the land and you would delegate land to families that had different skills, and build buildings on that land so they could do things.

Jiharo

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Lurker
    • View Profile

Lords and villeins?
All your goblin bone bolts, suddenly rising up in vengeance...
I wonder ... is it smart amunition or dumb amunition?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lords and villeins?

Yep, that was it. It seemed like an interesting concept.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile

Bringing it back up in case anyone's able to identify it this time around:

A cooperative Factorio-esque game. Each player has a specific area they can build in, and there's a central building that everyone has to deliver their finished goods to. You need to get a certain amount of the specified goods before the time limit ends (Each game lasts several days I seem to recall, you could check in when you wanted), and I think you were given more things to build your "factory" with at certain times so you couldn't build the production line immediately. Conveyers were actually these little guys that'd hop along paths to move resources, and you needed cranes to on/offload them.

I think harder levels required you to pass resources between the player zones.

I think B12 had a thread on it yonks ago, we're talking 10+ years.

EDIT: Found it, it was called Leap Day. Looks like it's dead and a new game completely unrelated to it has taken its place.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 08:02:42 am by Great Order »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Trying to remember a star trek MUD. I know, there were dozens, perhaps even hundreds of them.

Gosh, it would have been 20, 25 years ago. It was set in the DS9-ish era. The only day I played, I did a stint in a Cardassian border outpost under the supervision of someone else (because it was to get me familiar with the controls and the role). Scan ships, let them pass, challenge, alert authorities about contraband, etc. Nothing interesting happened. Maybe we went out on a ship after? I think Dominion was a faction, so maybe it was after DS9 ended. Borg were a special invite-only faction.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 08:50:41 am by Niveras »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Could it be Netrek?  I could have sworn I played it once with the Dominion as a faction, long before I watched any DS9, but all I can find is the fourth faction being Orions.

I didn't look much this morning but it's open-source so I'm sure there were lots of variants.  Takes me back, though.  I think Stellar Frontier was more of a success to this than I realized.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't look familiar. Might in fact be too old for what I'm looking for.

What I'm thinking of was a traditional MUD, wholly text driven, no UI, persistent world, ostensibly uncapped players but I don't know what the population would have been.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Yeah, I got no clue, but if it helps any, from what I could tell checking there's only record of 17 or so Star Trek MUDs still findable online.

List of titles:
TOS TrekMUSH
NewHopeMUSH
Typhon Accords TrekMU
MTrek, the classic Star Trek space battle game.
bDv TrekMUSH
Bold Endeavours
Federation Outpost
New Frontier TrekMUSH
Star Trek Fleets
Star Trek, the Final Frontier
Star Trek: Gibraltar
Star Trek: Legacy
Star Trek: Phoenix Rising
TrekWars MUSH
VoyagerMUD
Where No One Has Gone Before

Most of the (legacy) connection info can be found on the old TopMudSites listing, the first 4 in that list is between Mudlistings and Mudverse. Maybe something will ring a bell.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: September 20, 2023, 01:55:03 pm »

It's actually a mod for FTL: Faster Than Light I'm looking for.

It turns the game from a roguelite into a sort of RPG-esque game. You can buy new ships, there's no end game (so far as I'm aware) or anything, you basically keep adventuring until you die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: September 20, 2023, 06:05:29 pm »

There... seems to be three or four endless/infinite mods for FTL? So you might not have much to sift through. Most updated list I can find for titles is here (and if you don't want to follow to a random google doc, the originating forum post over on the official ftl forum is here). Might eyeball it to see if any of the titles look familiar.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203