Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59347 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 2
« Reply #225 on: July 24, 2009, 11:58:54 pm »

Janus' disapperance cannot be linked to an alien scientist because he roleflipped. You only roleflip when you are killed, not abducted. I'll ask for a Mod Ruling just to make sure though.

Sort of correct. People role-flip when the abductor leaves the game, so a Scientist won't role-flip his abductees until he has all three, but a Dopp Hunter will do so immediately.

To Clarify, there are now 1 doppelganger and 3 cultists left.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 25, 2009, 12:00:28 am »

Anybody have any info?  I got nothing.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 25, 2009, 12:06:01 am »

To Clarify, there is now 1 doppelganger and 3 cultists left.
Fixed that for you.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 25, 2009, 12:07:15 am »

the chance that the remaining dopp has of killing a cult player is very small 3/19 = 15 %...

you'd rather get a town player killed 85 % of the time?

The town needs as many kills as possible. That's why vigiliantes like the Aggresive War Veteran are always considered useful power roles, since they have a chance of removing Scum. There is a high chance of htting a Townie, but we have that same high chance when lynching randomly. Night Kills are always a useful tool to have, and if the doppelganger gets killed, we lose that possiblity, and this means that the only Night Kills would be done by the Cult.

Right now, there are 3 Cultists. The Cult, as it stands, is a greater threat to the Town than the sole Doppelganger. A lynch directed to the sole Doppelganger would be better redirected to try and find the Cultists.

Isn't your survivor condition influencing you towards the dopps?  cultists cant win with you...

Yes, but the Town is also anti-Cult too. The Dopps are severely weakened, but the Cult still remain strong.

Town has already made a great start to the game and I expect that we will have this one in the bag if we keep lucking out like we are.

The Cultists are also lucking out too, though.

If I was a cultist...

WIFOM.
To the Lone Doppelganger:

If you trust me, the Survivor Alien, then please get in contact with me ASAP. If you want to have a shot at winning the game, and to avenge the death of JanusTwoFace and Org, it is important that you get in contact with me, so I can act as an intermediary to the Town, in the hopes of leading an Anti-Cult crusade.

I extend this offer to you, Doppelganger. Please take it, otherwise it may be too late.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 25, 2009, 01:23:43 am »

Thanks for a wonderful statement of intention, SC.  You're basically stating, in the thread, that you want to help the dopps?  A worse action I could not imagine.  Why arn't you afraid of getting lynched?

I admit, you are most certainly against the cult, which, at this point in time, is our biggest threat, hence why I'm not voting for you.  But don't think that this will be forgotten.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 25, 2009, 08:23:39 am »

I'm entirely confused. Servant Corps roleclaimed Survivor right?
What's to say he isn't the Last Dopp, and is just trying to protect himself.

Of course I'm probably being paranoid here.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 25, 2009, 09:38:09 am »

I am not helping the Doppelgangers, I am merely providing them with a way to communicate with the Town, if they wish. If they do not take this offer, then I will no longer offer it. Cheeetar may be right, and I'm starting to wonder the possiblity of the Doppelganger pretending to play along and instead just go out and try to undermine the game, or win it outright for the Cultists. I haven't gotten in contact with any Doppelganger either. Just keep in mind this:

There is one Doppelganger. One. This means, for the Doppelganger to win, he must get the town down to, at a maximum three people. 1 Doppelganger, 1 Survivor, 1 Cultist or Town. There are right now 20 people.

There are also 3 Cultists. For the Cultists to win, they need to get the Town due to a maximum of 6 people. I am worried that the chances we'll go down to 6 people are higher than the chances of going down to 3 people. I know why you are against Doppelgangers, but what about the hate for the Cultists? They are against both the town and the Survivor Alien.

I'm afraid of getting lynched, but I protect against Cultist lynchings. I'm anti-cult, and with the cult remaining as powerful as it is ever at the start of the game. But, alright. If the town is anti-Dopp, alright, I'll handle that. So I'm going to go out and CultHunt here.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #232 on: July 25, 2009, 11:22:23 am »

I would also say that SniHjen is suspicious as a dopp for trying to avoid the Org lynch as much as possible, though he did vote for janus just before the night so that lowers my suspicion of him. He may have been bussing though.

No I didn't vote for him, But I did FoS Janus.
Janus voted for me.
I voted for archangel
I was afraid that I was getting caught up in a scum bandwagon.

Spoiler: what did Janus say: (click to show/hide)

Vote EchoP

That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 25, 2009, 11:31:55 am »

If we can get someone that we know is 100% town we can have all the power roles PM him/her what they found out.

I wish I was The Captain again.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 25, 2009, 11:40:17 am »

chaoticjosh, confirmed Townie, pushed for an Alexhans lynch, based on metagaming reasons. His reason is summarized here in these two posts.

Quote from: chaoticjosh
I just want people to consider this: if Alex is indeed a dopp or cultist, then he'll be the best one with his cool attitude, clear thinking, and impressive acting skill, and I'll wager that it's a better idea to kill him before he manages to weasel into a forming town base and destroys the town from the inside out. What I'm saying is that it's better to get rid of a possible major threat than a possible minor one. Even if I'm blatantly wrong, Alex can still lend his skill to the town through the Medium PM'ing him, if there is one.

Alex, you can believe I'm very earnest about a "policy" lynch. Your particular skill set lets you be mafia way better than it lets you be town. Preventing you from gaining the upper hand seems like a better idea than waiting until you do, then being forced to sift through whatever nightmare of preparatory excuses you have ready, and then reluctantly lynch you based on that.

Prevention > cure, is what I'm trying to say.

The argument against the lynch is also best summarized by Rysith. Alexhans defended himself, of course, but Rysith made the convicing argument against.

Quote from: Rysith
Josh: Skill at the game shouldn't be an excuse to preemptively kill someone. What if the medium is a dopp (since that can happen this game). What if Alex is an AWV or agent, or some similarly useful role that won't be nearly as useful if he's dead? Not that I'm accusing you or anything, I remember Alex's deception from last game. Just pointing out that preemptively killing skillful players isn't quite as good as it used to be, and so should be used more cautiously.

There was some discussion over if Alexhans can still assist the Town with the help of a Medium.

Mr.Person and chaoticjosh got in an argument over the idea of policy lynchings. chaoticjosh lost this argument.

Quote from: Mr. Person
Vote Rysith for pulling up BS to vote for Alexhans. You don't vote in mafia based on skill, never.

{later on...

Oh sorry, You're right, I meant to vote [coolor=red]chaoticjosh[/color]

You say that like it's common knowledge Mr.Person. Please, share with us, what is the basis behind NEVER voting for someone based on skill?

Quote from: Mr. Person
Alright, let's lynch all the experienced players. Let's start with you.

So wait, you're attacking me for attacking Alexhans, but not attacking Alexhans who's attacking ToonyMan for exactly the same reason? Does that not seem hypocritical of you?

Did the fact that ToonyMan is singled out for his potential unusual playstyle and non-experience just pass right over you?

It's like you refuse to acknowledge that my reasoning is semi-sound, provided that we're in a metaphorical evidence vacuum.

To be fair, I was kinda kidding with the last one.

Anyways, I think lynching Alexhans because he's experienced would be bad because we don't know anything about anybody else. We may wind up lynching him, we may not, but we haven't learned much if we all agree to lynch Alexhans.

Also, you think he's dangerous as scum? How? Mastermind? I could say that about a lot of people. Hard to detect? Read the vibes of everybody else, if they're all town, Alex is scum. You're making it sound like if we don't lynch him he'll kill us all when that's laughably not true.

Whatever, unvote. I'll atleast give Alex a chance. This little squabble, however, has reminded me, where's Webadict? I hope his interest in mafia isn't waning.

chaoticjosh cited Alexhans' accusation of ToonyMan, so let me look at that:
Quote from: Alexhans
I'm gonna go ahead and vote Toonyman because he will probably try to hide behind his insane avatar and pass off as a crazy person to be allowed to act scummy.

Vote ToonyMan

Alexhans later claimed that he was just joking around with doing a random vote, but still believed lynching ToonyMan was a valid choice of action.

Quote from: Alexhans
also... My vote for being crazy, while it was a random vote, is proving to be totally valid...

Alexhans kept his vote on ToonyMan until the end of the day. ToonyMan's one-liners don't reveal much, and stating, "WE'RE DOING GREAT SO FAR!" seems rather...ughish. I can see why Alexhans suspect him.

There might be some information in this argument on D1. We know chaoticjosh was town, so he was at least playing with a pro-town attitude. However, I'm not going to vote against Alexhans, because I don't see chaoticjosh's arguments as being valid. I do think that if chaoticjosh was alive, he would continue pushing for an Alexhans lynch though. To me, it would just be Town lynching Town.

As for JanusTwoFace, confirmed Doppelganger, this was his last post before the end of the day:

Dang, and I thought I had long posts.  :-D

Alexhans vs chaoticjosh:
Mostly just going back and forth about play styles (joking vs serious).  And chaoticjosh trying to get you lynched for being a strong player, etc.
It mostly dies down by about reply #55.
(Oh, and the random comment at the end of your post)

Voting near the deadline:
Because I haven't decided who to vote for.  I've mostly (read completely) been convinced that a No Lynch probably won't help right now.  I'm just waiting to figure out who to vote for.

Lynch one of "EchoP, R1ck, Twiggie, inaluct, Org, Archangel":
Ummm... I don't really have anything concrete on any of them.  So, I would probably go with Org or Twiggie for having not posted yet.

Speaking of which, why are those two on your list, but not Cheetar?  Did you *forget* to list a fellow dopp or cultist?  (I don't think you'd make the mistake, but I'm going to point it out and add it to my list anyways.)

A post before that, though is interesting:

I'm also adding Cheetar, Org, and Twiggie for being the only ones who have not posted yet (by my count, could be wrong). And technically NUKE9.13, but he's in a coma, so I'll forgive him (for now).

Janus pointely decided not to vote for him, but he added him to the list of inactive people, suggesting that he wanted to bus Org and get him killed off. Later on:

And no, Org hasn't posted (or been online for about 26 hours, so I guess that explains the not posting).

So after Janus pointed out that Org is lurking, he sought to excuse said lurking.

My belief is that Janus is subtly trying to protect Org, the Dopp, but has the desire to lynch some Townie/Cultist Lurkers in the process. There is a possiblity that Cheetar and Twigges are not Dopps, especially Twigges, but it's not a high possiblity. Alternatively, Janus was actually trying to protect EchoP, and did so by trying to offer up Org and Twigges as lynch targets.

I do support lynching lurkers. Org, the Doppelganger, was lurking, for instance, even if he was bussed by a fellow Doppelganger. ToonyMan listed some players he thought as being inactive on Day 1:
EchoP: Last Active:  Today at 04:27:10 PM
R1ck: Last Active:  Today at 04:45:03 PM
Twiggie: Last Active:  July 20, 2009, 07:41:47 AM
inaluct: Last Active:  Today at 03:48:54 PM
Org: Last Active:  July 21, 2009, 12:08:42 PM
Archangel: Last Active:  Today at 07:04:54 AM

I think going back to this list and choosing someone by random would work. SniHjen has choosen EchoP, but I want to just wait to make sure.

I'm going to need to review Day 1 again, but this is the information I have found right now.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 25, 2009, 11:44:59 am »

Goddam is all this research and analyzing above me.

Still, all I have to do is not be totally silent and not say something in jest that could make me suspect as a cultist or somebody. Hell, even this comment would make me look like a cultist trying to avoid being detected. Or a doppelganger trying to divert their suspicions. Or a townie overthinking things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 25, 2009, 11:46:50 am »

The last dopp may not be lurking though and may be talking ALOT.  Well, I guess the same goes for everything.    ;D

Too bad the Medium can't get in contact with Sir Josh for two reasons:

1. There may not be any Mediums. (is this true?)

2. An anti-town may be a Medium and will decieve Sir Josh.

@Duke:

BASE ACCUSATION!!  GRARARGHHHH!!!!!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 25, 2009, 11:47:40 am »

I mean BASELESS!!!   ::)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2009, 11:55:02 am »

If we can get someone that we know is 100% town we can have all the power roles PM him/her what they found out.

Ugh. You remind me of Solifuge's "PM Errol" game. Still in perpetual N2.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2009, 11:58:26 am »

Ugh. You remind me of Solifuge's "PM Errol" game. Still in perpetual N2.

PM Errol?  Link?  What?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 47