Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 59094 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 2 - Extended (game possibly messed up)
« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2009, 05:21:19 pm »

... Why did everything have to end up being confusing?

I'll just go ahead and keep my vote on ToonyMan, then. Hopefully we'll be able to drag a lot of information out of this once we've lynched them.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: July 29, 2009, 05:31:40 pm »

Watch out for anyone that sides with cultist Duke.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: July 29, 2009, 05:31:56 pm »

Or has, I mean.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 29, 2009, 07:03:55 pm »

Screw it. All for the Fish God and all that.

The Lone Doppelganger out there, the Cult wishes to make a deal. We need your nightkill. Let us know who you are, and we will be sure to avoid killing you.

For the Fish God!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 29, 2009, 07:07:35 pm »

The Lone Doppelganger out there, the Cult wishes to make a deal. We need your nightkill. Let us know who you are, and we will be sure to avoid killing you.

For the Fish God!

Well, that makes it easy. Unvote. We're not lynching ToonyMan today. Who DO we lynch? EchoP? Somebody else?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: July 29, 2009, 07:14:03 pm »

For the Fish God!

unvote

Vote Duke

Sorry for suspecting you, Toony. I think it's still somewhat questionable to have an out-of-game alliance with another player, but not making sure Duke was lynched at this point would be completely stupid. He's either scum or gone crazy.

Fake Edit: Mr.Person: Why not lynch Duke?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 29, 2009, 07:17:29 pm »

For great justice!  Zvarri!  The Fish Master Duke cracks!

That makes me not a cult or a dopp.   ;D

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: July 29, 2009, 07:24:29 pm »

The Whiteboard
Duke 2.0 : A_Fey_Dwarf, Pandarsenic, R1ck, Rysith, Servant Corps, ToonyMan
Mr.Person : Twiggie
ToonyMan : Alexhans, Archangel, Beacon80, Cheeetar, EchoP, Kashyyk
Twiggie : webadict

The day has been long and full of surprises. But as darkness falls over the island you come to a decision, both ToonyMan and Duke 2.0 will die! Rysith picks up the shotgun and looks at the two of them. "You're both either crazy or scum. Either way, looks like you both bite it. Sorry."

Duke starts to laugh, an insane glint in his eye. As the the shotgun blast knocks him off his feet he lands on the ground with a thump. As the life bleeds out of him you can hear him chant strange words under his breath.

Rysith turns the shotgun to ToonyMan, who holds up his hands in supplication. The shotgun blasts again, and Toonyman falls to the ground, half his face blasted off.

You investigate the bodies. Duke has a strange, unnerving talisman in his pocket. It seems he was a Cultist after all. Toonyman has nothing on him to mark him as unusual. After searching his house a bit, you decide he was in fact a regular Townsperson.

Strange day. You all head home, hoping that you're not the ones to die by cultist or dopp.

Ok, Day 2 is over! Since 80% of the votes are for the game to continue, it shall!

Send me your night actions. Night 2 ends ~5pm Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 3 brings new hope
« Reply #518 on: July 30, 2009, 07:38:32 pm »

You gather again. The storm seems a bit worse again today, although the island itself is still fairly calm. You notice that both Alexhans and Rysith are missing. You head off to Rysith's house first. There, it's pretty obvious what happened. The door is broken inwards, and there is blood splashed all over the room and puddled on the floor. It seems doppelgangers ate him. Searching around, you find a hidden compartment in the wall. Inside is an ornate dagger, robes, and a strange book with foul looking writing on it. It seems he was the Cult Leader. Looks like the doppelgangers did you a favor!

You search Alex's house next, and find it undisturbed. However, you do find bloody clothing sitting in his laundry hamper. It seems he was the last doppelganger. The war between the two factions has worked in your favor both ways last night! Now, there is only one cultist left for you to find!

Ok, Day 3 is on. It will go until ~5pm Pacific Monday or until everyone has voted.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 30, 2009, 07:45:21 pm »

Oh WOW! That's AWESOME! This leaves us with a single cultist to find. If anybody KNOWS they've found the last cultist, please, say so now.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: July 30, 2009, 08:17:16 pm »

Oh WOW! That's AWESOME! This leaves us with a single cultist to find. If anybody KNOWS they've found the last cultist, please, say so now.
Wow. Oooookay. So, now we're down to 1 scum...

Vote Pandarsenic.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: July 30, 2009, 09:22:37 pm »

I wish I was, to be honest, webadict. I feel bad for saying this, but if I had been, I'd have paid much more attention to this game.

And FoS Mr.Person for bragging about town results. It seems a little forced.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2009, 09:59:02 pm »

Well, all I can do is FoS you for avoiding the vote on you, but you really didn't, so I can't do that.

And there's not a lot I can say here. Honestly, at this point, we might as well just random lynch for the rest of the game until somebody finds something. Honestly, I don't care much, since Hell will freeze over before the single cultist wins this game.

Obviously I want to find the cultist, but if we double lynch every day, we should catch the scum in short order without having to try.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2009, 10:09:37 pm »

Well... not unexpected.  It was a great game despite Toony's annoying and false ways... Hopefully people will learn that you must separate mafia games from everything else...

as a bah post... I'll quote myself:

Quote from: alexhans
2 scumgroups of 3 vs 17 town (maybe some aliens) is worst than 4 scum vs 19.
Rysith... trust me... there will be crosskills in this type of game...
see Rysith??  I told you...  :o
Being right != winning...  :P

And as I said to meph... 2 scum groups hurt scum a lot more than you would've thought... and, no, it wasn't bad luck.  It's BOUND to be like this with multiple scumgroups.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2009, 11:04:23 pm »

Current list of living players:

A_Fey_Dwarf
Archangel
Beacon80
Cheeetar
EchoP
Frelock
Kashyyk
Mr.Person
NUKE9.13
Pandarsenic
R1ck
Servant Corps
SniHjen
Twiggie
inaluct
webadict

And only 1 of them is scum.  With 16, we're at an even number.  It also gives us a 6% chance of finding scum with a completely random lynch.  Since the town has such an advantage, and we have (probably) an agent in Kashyyk, I think the wisest course of action for the present time would be to No Lynch

I understand that people around here are usually against such a course of action, but I think it would be wise to take our time, form a firm town base.  Personally, I'd put Kashyyk in the center of such a base, as he has the most powerful (arguably) role.  Since there's no cult leader anymore, he can't be fooled.  All we need is for one other townie to confirm Kashyyk, and suddenly we've got an impenetrable town base.  Remember, there's only one scum left, meaning that if two people confirm each other, they have to be genuine, because at least one of them is town.
All generalizations are false....including this one.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 47